• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

His marking at corners is up there with Kane's free kicks.

This is the worry for me, we were expecting there to be mistakes made due to him being an aggressive defender ie rushing out and looking to intercept early + strong challenges. You play the percentages..

However, marking from set pieces should be his bread and butter for a commanding CB.

All i’ll say on the Maguire incident is that Karma’s a bitch rather than go full on character assassination at this stage.

However, marking from set pieces should be his bread and butter for a commanding CB.

Is he meant to be a commanding CB though? Dier is an inch or two taller and broader build - if either is better placed to be a commanding CB, its Dier. Either way, we lack that commanding CB

Is he meant to be a commanding CB though? Dier is an inch or two taller and broader build - if either is better placed to be a commanding CB, its Dier. Either way, we lack that commanding CB
Dier was marking maguire
I’d argue kane could do a better job than Romero at that role on set pieces but he was in the front post for some reason (and Kane is exceptional at defending corners)
But Ronaldo is the master of heading. Better than any player in my lifetime for sure

On the first, Ronaldo has dropped off Dier. He's the one that can see what's happened, he's in a back 3/5 so if anyone should go, it's got to be him. I wouldn't be too harsh on him, 99/100, the ball ends up in the stand or as a comfortable save for Hugo but if I was looking for a spacegoat, Dier would be it.
0.02xg
And the ball moved in the air off the strike

There are certain players that get slaughtered on here for the smallest of things, yet this guy never gets mentioned and any mistakes he makes are swept under the carpet. He’s often erratic and has made plenty of mistakes already. He has great potential but some talk on here as if he is top class, he has a hell of a lot to learn before he gets to that level…..
He needs to learn to be more disciplined and not rush out all the time. It looks great when it works but it doesn't too often and leaves big gaps in the defence.
Also needs to work on his concentration especially at set pieces.

There are certain players that get slaughtered on here for the smallest of things, yet this guy never gets mentioned and any mistakes he makes are swept under the carpet. He’s often erratic and has made plenty of mistakes already. He has great potential but some talk on here as if he is top class, he has a hell of a lot to learn before he gets to that level…..
Said this myself, he is no where near being world class like some on here think.

I've said before, I don't think he's any better than Sanchez at the minute, I'd favour the Colombian for his pace.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen the goal but from what seems to have happened - fine maybe if there had been some ongoing beef between him and Maguire before that point but otherwise unnecessary and hugely tempting fate.

I've said before, I don't think he's any better than Sanchez at the minute, I'd favour the Colombian for his pace at the minute.
He leaves gaping holes when pushing forward, someone should be dropping in when he does that, like the right back or the holding midfielder but he does it at the wrong times, usually when the other team have won possession and our full backs are still attacking. Such a naive mindset, you only have to look at where he was when Boro scored their goal, absolutely ridiculous.

I’ll give him a full pre season with the manager and a full season but if there is no improvement next season i would be happy to see him leave.

Dier was marking maguire
I’d argue kane could do a better job than Romero at that role on set pieces but he was in the front post for some reason (and Kane is exceptional at defending corners)
But Ronaldo is the master of heading. Better than any player in my lifetime for sure

My comment was a general one about Romero, not about the Ronaldo header

Neither Romero nor Dier are commanding CBs. We've conceded 8 goals from set pieces this year, which is middle of the pack. Maybe just getting a new LCB who is similar 6 foot 2 to Dier and Romero would be sufficient to cut out a couple set piece goals. I think we'll struggle to find a commanding LCB who is also good on the ball etc

He leaves gaping holes when pushing forward, someone should be dropping in when he does that, like the right back or the holding midfielder but he does it at the wrong times, usually when the other team have won possession and our full backs are still attacking. Such a naive mindset, you only have to look at where he was when Boro scored their goal, absolutely ridiculous.

I’ll give him a full pre season with the manager and a full season but if there is no improvement next season i would be happy to see him leave.

I agree, he's reckless.

My comment was a general one about Romero, not about the Ronaldo header

Neither Romero nor Dier are commanding CBs. We've conceded 8 goals from set pieces this year, which is middle of the pack. Maybe just getting a new LCB who is similar 6 foot 2 to Dier and Romero would be sufficient to cut out a couple set piece goals. I think we'll struggle to find a commanding LCB who is also good on the ball etc
Ben Davies has been better than Romero this season IMO

Jesus christ how quick do some fans turn on our players, 23 years of age playing in a different country/game and after a dozen or so games we turn on him. I despair. :(

Back