• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

That's not what I asked you though. [emoji1787]

Is Conte wrong that we are miles behind Chelsea? [emoji1787]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Yes
We’re not miles behind them
We’re a bit behind them
But the table at the end of the season will show how far
Be nice if he focussed on earning his £15m now and stopped focusing on other teams

Yes
We’re not miles behind them
We’re a bit behind them
But the table at the end of the season will show how far
Be nice if he focussed on earning his £15m now and stopped focusing on other teams
I guess it comes down to degrees. I think we are faaar behind them but you don't see it that way
You're wrong but fair enough. [emoji6][emoji1787]

I guess it comes down to degrees. I think we are faaar behind them but you don't see it that way
You're wrong but fair enough. [emoji6][emoji1787]

I think we’re about 9/10 points behind them at the end of the season
I’d expect them with them investment to be better than that but a lack of a striker still hurts them
We will see at the end of the season

I think we’re about 9/10 points behind them at the end of the season
I’d expect them with them investment to be better than that but a lack of a striker still hurts them
We will see at the end of the season
9-10 points is far behind imo. Add a striker to them and the gap probably doubles.

9-10 points is far behind imo. Add a striker to them and the gap probably doubles.

then they win the league
Which they ain’t doing
They did sign a striker for £100m but loaned out a better one
And similarly we sign a few of the right players and the gap reduces
9/10 points is less than 10% over a season which isn’t a lot

10% over a season ain't a lot.
But looking at it another way
If each of our players is 98% as good as each of the Cheatski players, that combines up as
0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98 = 80% as good as an overall unit

10% over a season ain't a lot.
But looking at it another way
If each of our players is 98% as good as each of the Cheatski players, that combines up as
0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98*0.98 = 80% as good as an overall unit
Why are you multiplying them?

Decent, yes. But he can become a truly outstanding centre back and we'd miss him a lot more at CB than we'd benefit from having him at DM.
Have you watched him other than when he has played for Spurs? I am just wondering how you have come to the opinion of him being truly outstanding as i find it hard to believe its watching his Spurs performances.

Have you watched him other than when he has played for Spurs? I am just wondering how you have come to the opinion of him being truly outstanding as i find it hard to believe its watching his Spurs performances.
He has some outstanding attributes
But he also can play really dumb. Chasing list causes and also sliding in recklessly and unnecessary
I watched him in Italy and he was great but was so aggressive. But the calibre and style of attacking players out there is different to the ones here. For a start the players are faster in England
He will come good and look world class for us but right now he is being hyped up beyond what he has shown in some games because you can see the rest of his game is that good

Silver lining is he should have got a second yellow for the handball.
That's what the City players were clamouring for, twunts.
Would that not be a "double jeopardy" thing though? I can't remember what this week's rule is about being booked for a penalty against.

I guess Romero "could" have stayed more upright to present a bigger block, compared to sliding in almost horizontal. But you can see his arm is just flapping around in the centrifugal force of yeeting yourself to the floor, he is not "moving" his arm above his head to save it.

He was excellent again today.

Compare our "right side" today Romero Bentancur Kulusevski [Royal] to against Southampton when our "right side" was more like Sanchez Winks Moura [Royal]

We could actually think, pass, interplay, build moves, rather than panicking.

Would that not be a "double jeopardy" thing though? I can't remember what this week's rule is about being booked for a penalty against.

I guess Romero "could" have stayed more upright to present a bigger block, compared to sliding in almost horizontal. But you can see his arm is just flapping around in the centrifugal force of yeeting yourself to the floor, he is not "moving" his arm above his head to save it.

Compare our "right side" today Romero Bentancur Kulusevski [Royal] to against Southampton when our "right side" was more like Sanchez Winks Moura [Royal]

Vs Southampton Hojdjberg played right more
Just saying
But when you have players who are allergic to a football your doomed

If anything, it looks like his arm moving is just a reaction to block his face since it probably would've been smashed had he not. Either way, hard to tell in split-second moments but I'm glad we won in the end since the guilt won't linger.

Excellent point. I’ve felt for some time our inability to keep the ball, be comfortable with it, is massively impacting us.

It was indeed a shame. He just doesn't give anyone an inch, a real brut.

Silver lining is he should have got a second yellow for the handball.

Oh...and we won so the pen doesn't matter!

Think a second yellow for that would be harsh. No way that's intentional. Rodri not getting a yellow for clear sabotage moments before.

He doesn't give an inch, must be a real pain to play against. Will get caught making "mistakes" at times, but the vast majority of the time he's a movable brick wall.

Shouldn’t have been a penalty imo, if his hand was not there it would have hit his face. The rule needs to be looked at again as if the hand being there results in the same outcome as the hand not being there then it shouldn’t be a penalty.

Back