• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Crazy Fact of the Day

WookieD

Didier Zokora
Jermaine Jenas and David Bentley are still Tottenham Hotspur footballers. It seemed to have slipped my mind and I have only just remembered... It's a funny old game.

Does anyone reckon we'll ever see either of these two in a Spurs shirt again? I can't see anyone ever buying them from us.

Jenas is currently injured, afaik and prior to that looked ok at Villa

Not sure what Bentley is up to

Jenas signed a one-year contract extension last week, maybe avoiding a bosman, not sure.

Bentley should be approaching match fitness soon, which could be a big help with 2, possibly 3 midweek games to fit into the last few weeks schedule

Christ I remember being really excited when we got Bentley...It's just amazing how things don't work out sometimes.

Although I also remember being really disappointed we didn't go for Kieron Dyer when he was at Ipswich. Dodged a fudging bullet there.

Hindsight as they say...

?ú30 million the pair?

:D

Thats only 15M each though. He'd have to buy five more average players at that price in order to spunk his annual 105M.

If we let them go for for 25M each, he wont have to look around so much. Its a nice gesture.

Jenas would still get the odd game if he was fit I think. Useful player despite his weaknesses, and unlucky to be playing in the position where we have the most cover and several excellent players in addition to one world class player. I will never stop believing that there was a very good player in Jenas waiting to emerge, but we never managed to get the best out of him.

Bentley, well, he's better than Gio and Gio is on the bench these days so I suppose he would be in the squad if he was fit.

Bentley could still have a role of some sort to play if he trains right. JJ gets such a rough ride from our fans. I know he's limited but kind of wish him to have a blinder whenever he played for us just to shut some up!!

:D

Thats only 15M each though. He'd have to buy five more average players at that price in order to spunk his annual 105M.

If we let them go for for 25M each, he wont have to look around so much. Its a nice gesture.

Hand gestures only for now methinks. We could well be playing these lowlifes again this season. Idiots. I'd say they've decimated their global fan base with their nonsense this season if "decimate" didn't mean "lose 10%".

It's much worse than that.

Jenas signed a one-year contract extension last week, maybe avoiding a bosman, not sure.

Bentley should be approaching match fitness soon, which could be a big help with 2, possibly 3 midweek games to fit into the last few weeks schedule

I doubt that Bentley or Jenas are named within our 25 man squad tbh.....not sure if there would be any room left on the list but I doubt it. So Bentley won't be getting any game time and Jenas won't be fit until pre season anyway.

Jenas possibly would have been a handy player in reserve but Bentley, no way should he get near our first team again. Lacklustre would be possibly the friendliest way of describing his spell with us.

Jenas was fudging awesome in the two legs against the Gooners a couple of years ago when we won the League Cup. He had a six week spell of so leading up to that where I thought he was brilliant. After that second leg..... well, he was brick again. I remember another game against the Goons at The Lane where he was diabolical throughout and somehow scored an absolute blinder in injury time to resuce a draw. As noted, useful utility player, but never gonna cut it at the top very top level.

As for Bentley..... waste of bloody space. Got enough run outs early in Redknapp's era and delivered the square root of fudge all (goal at The Emirates aside). He got a good run-out at Burnley that season. Great chance to prove himself given the brick he took off the locals having been the poster boy at Rovers. He was rubbish. Didn't he start up some DJing gonad*s or summink? Probably a better vocation than Premier League football. Harsh, I suppose. Could probably still do a job for a Championship side. Problem for him the top flight is nobody will respect him now.

Come on King Kenny.....

Both decent players, a sign of how far we have come that they aren't good enough.

They would do a fair job for an average Premiership side. Bentley needs to play week in, week out and didn't cope well with having to fight for a place. Funnily enough, his expensive arrival really kick started a massive improvement in Lennon, who was well off form. That alone was like signing a ?ú15m player anyway, so I have no problem with his signing.

I hear Paul Coyte is trying to work them into the half-time entertainment piece on Sunday. Bentley's going to try and hit the crossbar from the edge of the penalty area, and Jenas is going to attempt a card-trick, apparently.

Jenas is a confidence player. When he has the confidence (which is rarely) he can really look the business, but when he's low on confidence he looks shot and doesn't have the balls to take control of a game, constantly looking to offload the ball backwards or sideways.

Back