• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Covid outbreak at Spurs

Yeah I think Royal and Gil were the original two who missed Norwich. But they are now back.

No names have been made official but rumours include Davies, Lucas and Son. If the 5 players and 8 coaches from before the Rennes postponement include Royal and Gil. That might be it. Plus the 1 new one today.

Moura and Son were two of the 8 so they wont be a new one

From Ali Gold via Football London
Conte on last week

Last week was terrible because the government decides, in the right way, to close the training ground and stop our training session. I had the press conference where it's very difficult to speak about football.
Then we had Thursday, Friday and Saturday without any sessions. Sunday we started again to work with not many players, because we also had problems with U23s.
We started with 13/14 players [on Sunday] and today we had training with 16 players and more young players.

Conte on whether Spurs tried to get the Leicester game called off
The Premier League did not want to postpone the game against Leicester. Maybe because we have to play Burnley and Brighton and had postponed two games before.

Conte on the players
The situation has not changed so much. Players are back in training and other players are continuing to be selected. Those players who are back in training they need time to find the right physical condition.
The Covid is not only 10 days and many times he brings with this virus a situation that you make your body not so strong. For this reason you have players injured after Covid.

Conte on the Rennes match
We want to play the game. Tottenham deserves to play the game and the last game of this group. I think it's a really strange situation. When the government decides to close our training ground and we cannot train and it's for this reason we cannot play, not another reason. We don't have fault. We deserve to play this game and try to go to the next round.

More from Conte
We have players positives, surely. For sure some players tomorrow they can’t play. As I said before, players are back in training and today two players are back in training for the first time. Yesterday another player, but as you know well, they need to be fit to play.
Surely tomorrow I’ll put these players on the bench for 15-20 minutes at the end. They have in their legs 20 or 25 minutes.
This is the big problem that we must be good to face in the future. To bring these players affected by Covid to be fit and avoid injuries. This could be the big problem in the future. Not the ten days.
After ten days you have players available but then you have to pay attention to the way to train, whether the body is ready to work in a good way. You have to pay attention, moderate the training to avoid injuries. This is the big problem, not only for Tottenham but for other clubs with Covid-hit players.

Helpful for Sunday....

BREAKING Three Reds players test positive

Liverpool v Saudi Sportswashing Machine (20:00 GMT)

Further big news and this from tonight's game...

We have been told that Virgil van Dijk, Fabinho and Curtis Jones will miss tonight’s match against Saudi Sportswashing Machine after suspected positive Covid tests.

Full team news to come.

Back