• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Wtf?

Don't get me wrong, don't think masks will do much now for kids in school. But if it stops teachers throwing a hissy and going on strike, wear the fudging masks.
Pretty pointless when they'll still all go necking round the back of the canoe sheds during break times anyway

The first thing that gives them any whiff of an excuse to doss about and get paid for it then they will.

I don't think anything anyone does or doesn't do regarding COVID and masks will change that.

Makes you wonder, then, why they haven’t through two years of a pandemic in which they have been shown to have the highest chance of any job outside healthcare of catching the virus - and have operated without any PPE.

Makes you wonder, then, why they haven’t through two years of a pandemic in which they have been shown to have the highest chance of any job outside healthcare of catching the virus - and have operated without any PPE.
They didn't have to. They were dossing at home for most of lockdown posting 2hrs of lessons online each day.

I’m now all clear. Only had 36 hours of feeling moderately tough
Wife has had it worse and with her it’s the tiredness that’s hit her.
Both kids have now tested positive which is a mare as I start my new job Tuesday and I’m on calls with Denmark all week

Both kids have now tested positive which is a mare as I start my new job Tuesday and I’m on calls with Denmark all week

Hope they're all well soon mate.

Been such a nightmare for all hasn't it, hope all good soon matey

Does the NHS even record admissions due to COVID?

Even those giving good news are using the admissions with number.
Doesn’t really matter here does it? (though I think anecdotal evidence puts number of incidental COVID cases on hospital admissions between 30% and 50%)…. The point here really is that it is mainly staff shortages that are putting the NHS under huge stress.

Doesn’t really matter here does it? (though I think anecdotal evidence puts number of incidental COVID cases on hospital admissions between 30% and 50%)…. The point here really is that it is mainly staff shortages that are putting the NHS under huge stress.

The number of new admissions is starting to come down now. So the number of people in hospital should start to fall.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-hospital-activity/

London the number of people sick is falling (according to the symptom study) so that would mean nhs staff going back after their isolation period. They're under incredible pressure, but it should start to ease.

The number of new admissions is starting to come down now. So the number of people in hospital should start to fall.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-hospital-activity/

London the number of people sick is falling (according to the symptom study) so that would mean nhs staff going back after their isolation period. They're under incredible pressure, but it should start to ease.
Chris Hopson’s Tweets that Scara was replying to suggest otherwise…. Growth right through to 2nd Jan (though at least at reduced rate the past few days)….

27th: up 9%
28th: up 15%
29th: up 9%
30th: up 5%
31st: up 5%
1st: up 1%
2nd: up 2%

That is a 55% more people admitted to hospital than the end of the previous 7 days. Fingers crossed we’ll see negative numbers this coming week but they haven’t arrived yet.

Chris Hopson’s Tweets that Scara was replying to suggest otherwise…. Growth right through to 2nd Jan (though at least at reduced rate the past few days)….

27th: up 9%
28th: up 15%
29th: up 9%
30th: up 5%
31st: up 5%
1st: up 1%
2nd: up 2%

That is a 55% more people admitted to hospital than the end of the previous 7 days. Fingers crossed we’ll see negative numbers this coming week but they haven’t arrived yet.

Look at the daily admissions on the link i provided. The number of new admissions/people testing positive in hospital is falling in most areas.

London
29th dec 511
30th dec 450
31st dec 319

It takes a while for the number of people in hospital to start falling as discharges have to be more than new admissions.

That was my point (probably poorly made), that even those not trying to inflate the number are now using that inflammatory measure.

Does the NHS even record admissions due to COVID?

Even those giving good news are using the admissions with number.

I believe they do but they keep these out of the public eye and it is certain to be incredibly sketchy.

My mum after admission post heart surgery had no tests and was in for a week. My dad in a&e for a few hours was tested….

Yes, summed up in his own words as "Increasingly clear, therefore, that the issue for NHS is not acuity/size of very ill older people covid caseload. But the number of staff absences and general admissions with covid on top of existing pressures."

I.e. omicron is more widespread but far less harmful than delta.
With an obvious solution: stop testing healthy people.

Back