• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

As i said they did what they could to protect themselves, my employees and my business. If they didn't why should i employ them?

What about those who get a diagnosis of lung cancer who sued to be chain smokers? Do you not employ smokers in case you might have to pay them sick pay if they get cancer?

It is true though. Several reports and studies have found that the viral load and infectivity when you compare vaxxed to unvaxxed is negligible. Even PHE said thaose who take the jabs would still need to practice social distancing, wear mask etc back a few months ago before these studies. Why would they advise that?

And the difference is minimal and dwindles daily to zero in about three months, so what are you going to do, go round and start sacking your staff who were vaxxed three months earlier? The fact you can still spread the virus and catch it with the vaccine regardless for me makes the subject of vaccine passports too vague. The fact you could have a full stadium of vaxxed people and there be an outbreak makes them virtually redundant as an idea. For me it is however crucial to Vax those that are most at risk which is still proven with stats are those dying both with and without the Vax are the over 60s.

Smokers don't smoke in the office. It's also an addiction.
Smokers used to though, but the point is that your business is losing a staff member for sick leave because of what many would consider a lifestyle choice and not an 'addition'.
I mean would you hesitate to hire someone with such an addiction?

And the difference is minimal and dwindles daily to zero in about three months, so what are you going to do, go round and start sacking your staff who were vaxxed three months earlier? The fact you can still spread the virus and catch it with the vaccine regardless for me makes the subject of vaccine passports too vague. The fact you could have a full stadium of vaxxed people and there be an outbreak makes them virtually redundant as an idea. For me it is however crucial to Vax those that are most at risk which is still proven with stats are those dying both with and without the Vax are the over 60s.

Yep

Again you are confusing cases with sickness. If a stadium full of vaxxed people got infected a very small amount would get sick enough to require a doctor let alone hospital. If they were unvaxxed it would be 20 times as many.

Again you are confusing cases with sickness. If a stadium full of vaxxed people got infected a very small amount would get sick enough to require a doctor let alone hospital. If they were unvaxxed it would be 20 times as many.

The difference is not 20 fold 1, 2 those vaccinated even when infected by someone unvaxxed in your own words would not get sick or require hospital treatment so again the risk is pretty much all on the person who isn't vaxxed?

Smokers used to though, but the point is that your business is losing a staff member for sick leave because of what many would consider a lifestyle choice and not an 'addition'.

Yes smokers did, then we banned it.

Why would i hesitate? Their addiction doesn't effect their work, it is not in the workplace, it will not make anyone else at work sick. It may make them sick eventually, but chances are they'd be retired by then.

But public transport, shopping, surgeries etc are all places where you have 'mass gatherings' and where virus spread can happen so i really don't see what the difference is is; how does one draw the line?
The risk element you talk about is a bit moot i'd say given that the vaccine does not stop one catching it OR stop one transmitting it (only perhaps reduces the symptoms or chances of hospitalizations and even that might be considered debatable in some areas).
If the vaccine doesn't stop one catching it or spreading it then the vaccine passports cannot be seen to be about health (as opposed to just a backdoor to building an ID card/surveillance system...)

Certain situations it wouldn’t be practical such as public transport as people need to get to work, pick up their kids from school and do a weekly shop. People don’t NEED to go to the pub or watch football every fortnight.

The difference is not 20 fold 1, 2 those vaccinated even when infected by someone unvaxxed in your own words would not get sick or require hospital treatment so again the risk is pretty much all on the person who isn't vaxxed?

What is the efficacy of the moderna and pfizer vaccines? Around 95%.

That means that if 100 people out of 1000 got seriously ill and died from covid without vaccination. Then 5 vaccinated would.

5% which is 1 in 20.

What is the efficacy of the moderna and pfizer vaccines? Around 95%.

That means that if 100 people out of 1000 got seriously ill and died from covid without vaccination. Then 5 vaccinated would.

5% which is 1 in 20.

Effectiveness on symptom or spread? There is a difference

They are reporting nearly daily that on the Delta variety the load and transmission rates between the vaxxed and unvaxxed is virtually identical and is 100% the same come 3 months, the difference before then as I say being negligible.

Anyway we ae going in circles so I will leave it. One question though, would you insist on kids to be vaccinated?

Yes smokers did, then we banned it.

Why would i hesitate? Their addiction doesn't effect their work, it is not in the workplace, it will not make anyone else at work sick. It may make them sick eventually, but chances are they'd be retired by then.

The point is you said you wouldn't want to pay sick pay for someone who 'made bad choices'.
You may have an employee in their, say, mid-50s who has to have chemotherapy and that might mean you have to grant sick pay. I just want to check whether if you knew a person had certain 'life choices' whether you'd hesitate to employ them due to the time off work they'd need in periods of sickness, treatment etc.

Instead of chain smoker, i could say:

- serial philanderer/dogging expert (treatment for HIV or other STDs)
- drug and/alcohol abuse (heart/cardiovascular issues - i mean they could drop dead on the job!)
- chain smoker again (COPD, risk of constant pneumonia infections)

When I ran a logistics warehouse I refused to hire fatties. Always made up a reason but I proudly never employed a fatty.

Certain situations it wouldn’t be practical such as public transport as people need to get to work, pick up their kids from school and do a weekly shop. People don’t NEED to go to the pub or watch football every fortnight.

Fair enough, so you draw the line at essential services. I'd bet once a system comes in there will be such situation creep that eventually there will be no distinction drawn (see mandates to have passports to go to do just shopping in parts of Australia, losing your job as a lorry driver etc if not vaccinated, people being turned away from having their operations if not jabbed etc)

Fair enough, so you draw the line at essential services. I'd bet once a system comes in there will be such situation creep that eventually there will be no distinction drawn (see mandates to have passports to go to do just shopping in parts of Australia, losing your job as a lorry driver etc if not vaccinated, people being turned away from having their operations if not jabbed etc)

I find it a contradiction to say you can't go to the pub because you haven't had the jab but if you have you can thus drinking yourself into oblivion. Haha

Back