• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Not so sure about lockdown (depending what that means/what form it takes) but I'm pretty sure we'll have mandatory mask wearing in shops, indoor venues, public transport, some element of social distancing, and recommended wfh all by end of November/early December. The threat of a vaccine passport for clubs and large events will continue to be wielded to "encourage" uptake of the vaccine and the booster where applicable. But things would have to be extremely desperate for the government to 'cancel' Christmas again. If they do, there will be more bubbles than baubles, as many people will largely ignore it.
I think it'll be both.
Small restrictions to get to Xmas.
A "review" of numbers on 28th Dec and Jan lockdown

Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like another lockdown is inevitable. The media and scientists will start calling for lockdown, the government will initially resist and say we won’t lock down again but will eventually give in to the constant pressure and lockdown in December. I hope I’m wrong.

There's no way they'd get any sort of compliance any more. Each of the three previous ones saw dramatic drop offs in participation. By the third one about 2/3s of my work were back in the office on 'wellbeing' exemptions. Very few people are scared of it any more, and so they behave accordingly.

There's no way they'd get any sort of compliance any more. Each of the three previous ones saw dramatic drop offs in participation. By the third one about 2/3s of my work were back in the office on 'wellbeing' exemptions. Very few people are scared of it any more, and so they behave accordingly.

A wellbeing exemption wouldn't get them into shops, pubs, restaurants and sporting events which are legally required to be closed.

Not saying it will happen (and, like everyone else, I'm desperate it doesn't), but it's no longer out of the question.

Whatever the governement may say, the NHS is already under immense pressure. It's not going to take very much more to tip the scales.

Exactly we test so much more than pretty much any other country so of course we would have more cases

Given that the results of our testing regime doesn't seem to have any impact on goverment policy, or help to keep numbers low, it's worth asking the question: what is it for?

Not so sure about lockdown (depending what that means/what form it takes) but I'm pretty sure we'll have mandatory mask wearing in shops, indoor venues, public transport, some element of social distancing, and recommended wfh all by end of November/early December. The threat of a vaccine passport for clubs and large events will continue to be wielded to "encourage" uptake of the vaccine and the booster where applicable. But things would have to be extremely desperate for the government to 'cancel' Christmas again. If they do, there will be more bubbles than baubles, as many people will largely ignore it.

Tbh I don’t know why they stopped mandating mask wearing. It’s a very small sacrifice to make vs lockdowns.

Also think vaccine passports should be introduced. If people don’t want to get jabbed that is their choice and it shouldn’t be forced on people but don’t expect to be able to do everything you want to do and put other people at risk at the same time.

A wellbeing exemption wouldn't get them into shops, pubs, restaurants and sporting events which are legally required to be closed.

Not saying it will happen (and, like everyone else, I'm desperate it doesn't), but it's no longer out of the question.

Whatever the governement may say, the NHS is already under immense pressure. It's not going to take very much more to tip the scales.

But then you are back to house parties, raves and the black economy. So you get the same level of mixing, just also tanking businesses and tax income. There's no way the genie can go back in the bottle now

Tbh I don’t know why they stopped mandating mask wearing. It’s a very small sacrifice to make vs lockdowns.

Also think vaccine passports should be introduced. If people don’t want to get jabbed that is their choice and it shouldn’t be forced on people but don’t expect to be able to do everything you want to do and put other people at risk at the same time.

They stopped mandating masks because they wanted any peak to be before winter (mask wearing would delay it). They expected number of cases to go up to 100-200k a day. Didn't happen. It's just bounced along. Now people are worried that we will have too many cases in winter.

How much more will it take to tip the scales? We are currently at under 8000 covid patients in hospital. 20% of what we had last january, and 6% of all beds. This number has been flat since july and is lower than at the beginning of september. We have increased the number of hospital doctors we have by 10% since june 19. 20% from 5 years ago. We have also increased the number of nurses. (Source nhs key statistics england pdf). We also have just got 750,000 antivirals which allegedly cut hospital time and chance of death by 50%. Our vulnerable are also being given booster shots.

Yes they will be under pressure. But not as bad as the previous waves.

Scotlands schools went back earlier. Cases peaked early september and are now half of what they were. We're seeing it in england but flatter as we ended all restrictions before they went back.

Last edited:
When are they not ??

upload_2021-10-21_14-35-38.png

6k admitted for COVID out of 70m in this country is not exactly a high number is it and its pretty much been the same since the end July

Maybe if they actually was run as a proper business instead of a shambles they might not be
Stop paying people 6 figures for stupid fudging jobs and train up more actual staff that are needed like nurses, etc
Stop sub-contracting out menial tasks for huge mark-ups

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/196...ries-purchased-sussex-nhs-budgets/?ref=twtrec

FOOTBALL season tickets, National Trust passes and garden furniture are among the luxuries purchased from NHS health budgets, it has been revealed.

The Tax Payers’ Alliance (TPA) says thousands of pounds of public money from NHS health budgets has been spent on lavish items.

Freedom of Information requests sent to Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) show how personal health budgets were used to spend tax payers' money.

Cash went on holidays, garden furniture, trampolines and tickets to theme parks.

This includes more than £3,000 from NHS West Sussex CCG which was spent on National Trust membership, a Merlin Pass, a Chelsea football club season ticket and an Amazon Prime subscription.

NHS Brighton and Hove CCG spent £500 on a gym membership and fuel, while NHS East Sussex CCG spent more than £2,000 on outdoor furniture, a gym membership and a tablet.

The spending has been revealed as part of the TPA’s "war on waste" campaign.

All the purchases are allowed under the scheme known as personal health budgets, which allow around 200,000 patients in England to decide what care or equipment would support them.

Funds cannot be spent on gambling, debt repayment, alcohol or tobacco.

Other spending across England includes £5,000 spent on a hot tub from NHS North Tyneside CCG and £579.98 from NHS Norfolk and Waveney CCG on a PlayStation 4 with VR package.

All of these examples of spending are from the last year.

The TPA is calling on the government to ensure value for money in health spending, following the announcement of a national insurance hike to fund health and social care.

James Roberts, political director of the Tax Payers' Alliance, said: "Taxes on working people should not be going up to pay for health service hot tubs.

"Given the new health and social care levy, taxpayers will not accept their money being wasted.

"While everyone's care needs will be different, it beggars belief that health budgets could be forking out for jacuzzis, video games and football tickets.

"The upcoming spending review needs to ensure the NHS is offering value for money in every pound it is spending."

The Sussex-based NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups have been approached for comment.

Interesting. How far would you go with this? Would you introduce them as a rule to get the tube/train, go to see a GP or go shopping (whether big supermarket or local butcher/grocery shop)?

As i said months ago, it's like some in Government/SAGE are addicted to them like Jack Wheelchair was ALLEGEDLY to youknowwhat...
I bet if you looked far enough into background reasons it's because they are making ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ out of them

As i said months ago, it's like some in Government/SAGE are addicted to them like Jack Wheelchair was ALLEGEDLY to youknowwhat...

The lockdowns to me seem to hsve been implemented at the right times. Maybe a week or two late if anything. We should have banned flights from india months earlier.

Back