• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

That's partly because other countries vaccinated children. Believe israel started at the end of july.
The problem mainly seems to be that the pfizer vaccine doesn't last that long (for actually catching the disease, you will still have more mild disease). Boosters for the elderly and at risk have been brought in and cases are falling again.

Now the big question is. If you have been vaccinated is it better to be exposed to the disease and have a mild case or have a booster. I believe israel had a study that getting the virus after vaccination give 13times the protection.

We'll see. I 1 off studies can be misleading.

Working from home could be an “important and effective” way to reduce the spread of coronavirus this winter, a government scientist has said.

Prof Andrew Hayward is a member of Sage who was speaking to BBC Radio 4’s Today programme in a personal capacity.

Asked what would trigger a return of some restrictions, he says: "We need to move away from the key figure being the number of Covid cases...we should be more focused on the number of hospitalisations and the ability of the NHS to cope."

Asked about the PM's Covid winter Plan A and B he says: "We can rely on the vaccines more than we did last year and reduce the social distancing measures - but we do still need that plan B for if things spiral out of control.”

He says: "If things are beginning to deteriorate rapidly, you’re better acting earlier, rather than leaving it really late and that’s still the case even though we’ve taken the sting out of the tail of this it’s better to act early.

"The most important and effective way of reducing spread of the virus is not to be in contact with other people so people who can work from home continuing to work from home.

“Not having to get on public transport not doing all of the things you do around work will make a significant difference to transmission if we get into trouble.

"Just minimising the amount you’re out and about doing other things going to the shops etc we don’t need to close them down but if there was a big peak then being sensible about that and reducing your exposure and contact with other people would be important."

Working from home could be an “important and effective” way to reduce the spread of coronavirus this winter, a government scientist has said.

Prof Andrew Hayward is a member of Sage who was speaking to BBC Radio 4’s Today programme in a personal capacity.

Asked what would trigger a return of some restrictions, he says: "We need to move away from the key figure being the number of Covid cases...we should be more focused on the number of hospitalisations and the ability of the NHS to cope."

Asked about the PM's Covid winter Plan A and B he says: "We can rely on the vaccines more than we did last year and reduce the social distancing measures - but we do still need that plan B for if things spiral out of control.”

He says: "If things are beginning to deteriorate rapidly, you’re better acting earlier, rather than leaving it really late and that’s still the case even though we’ve taken the sting out of the tail of this it’s better to act early.

"The most important and effective way of reducing spread of the virus is not to be in contact with other people so people who can work from home continuing to work from home.

“Not having to get on public transport not doing all of the things you do around work will make a significant difference to transmission if we get into trouble.

"Just minimising the amount you’re out and about doing other things going to the shops etc we don’t need to close them down but if there was a big peak then being sensible about that and reducing your exposure and contact with other people would be important."

The modellers predicted a huge spike in cases after restrictions were lifted. Didn't happen, and because it didn't happen they are now predicting another huge spike in cases? Yet numbers are falling.

Just say, we haven't got a clue what will happen. But contingencies are in place in case it does get bad. Carry on.

The modellers predicted a huge spike in cases after restrictions were lifted. Didn't happen, and because it didn't happen they are now predicting another huge spike in cases? Yet numbers are falling.

Just say, we haven't got a clue what will happen. But contingencies are in place in case it does get bad. Carry on.
They love still being in the public eye
The MSM pick up on it and yet again it's doom and gloom
Lockdown in winter inevitable, utter gonad*s

8th day in a row of week on week falls in cases
Expect that good news will be all over the MSM tonight
Course not it's not doom and gloom

A lot of children in my kids school have had it since the return, also, I do wonder if the reported numbers are down partly because people are not reporting it now, its anecdotal, but I know of people involved in events/entertainment who have had positive tests, isolated, but not reported it to test and trace so that colleagues don’t get pinged and the venue have to close. It doesn’t sit right with me, but I understand peoples desire to be able to pay their bills.

A lot of children in my kids school have had it since the return, also, I do wonder if the reported numbers are down partly because people are not reporting it now, its anecdotal, but I know of people involved in events/entertainment who have had positive tests, isolated, but not reported it to test and trace so that colleagues don’t get pinged and the venue have to close. It doesn’t sit right with me, but I understand peoples desire to be able to pay their bills.

The daily testing isn't how we really know how much of the population has it. The amount of tests can fluctuate.

The ons figures and symptom study are more reliable. The ons has 150k random tests a week. The symptom study collects information from over a million people each day. They then extrapolate this to the population. The ons is a bit behind but the symptom study (which is daily) is showing a fall.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/data

Both account for asymptomatic cases as well. Not just those that are sick.

The daily testing isn't how we really know how much of the population has it. The amount of tests can fluctuate.

The ons figures and symptom study are more reliable. The ons has 150k random tests a week. The symptom study collects information from over a million people each day. They then extrapolate this to the population. The ons is a bit behind but the symptom study (which is daily) is showing a fall.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/data

Both account for asymptomatic cases as well. Not just those that are sick.

Like they do the Christmas telly.

We've got a bit more now from Public Health England's statistics on the Delta variant. Some 12,407 people were admitted to hospital in England up to 12 September who were either confirmed or likely to have the Delta variant of Covid-19, PHE says.

Of this number, 6,230 were under the age of 50 and 6,167 were aged 50 or over.

Of the 6,230 under 50, 4,517 (73%) were unvaccinated, 848 (14%) had received one dose of vaccine and 721 (12%) had received both doses.

Of the 6,167 aged 50 or over, 1,786 (29%) were unvaccinated, 435 (7%) had received one dose of vaccine and 3,913 (63%) had received both doses.

A small number of virus samples from people admitted to hospital could not be matched with vaccination records

Big breaking headline as always from the Beeb
But actually cases are down 23% from the previous week so why not go with that as the headline, no of course not

upload_2021-9-17_16-57-17.png

I am due to enrol on a uni course for two years in the next week but I think covid is going to ruin the experience for me so I am postponing for a year.

And so back to work - happy to do that from home.

Back