• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

So all back on the 8th then

It would be "reckless" to bring back all pupils in England to school together on 8 March, says a joint statement by teachers' unions.

Rather than risk another "spike" in infections, they are calling for a more "cautious" and "phased" return.

Nine teachers and head teachers' unions have urged the government to commit to that date only if the scientific evidence is clear that it is safe.

The prime minister is due to announce the plan for reopening schools on Monday.

The collective statement from education unions says they are committed to bringing children back into the classroom as soon as possible - but have concerns it may lead to another surge in the virus.

They say they are "increasingly concerned that the government is minded to order a full return of all pupils on Monday 8 March" - the government's target for opening schools
Lazy clams gonna lazy.

My partner had OX/AZ jab last weekend . Works in social care so was given one. She was pretty ill for 3/4 days. Fever and aches and bad stomach. Came on about 10/12 hours after.

Worth it in the long run. Couple of people I know been pretty rough afterwards. Anyone else had any issues ?
My mum and dad had it and were pretty ill afterwards.

Yup, looks like they’ve shot the selves in the foot with their unfounded criticism of AstraZeneca vaccine.

Just to rub salt in their wounds, the latest data on the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine from Israel is showing that JCVI’s decision to space apart the 1st and 2nd doses by 12 weeks is looking like the correct one.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...biontech-shot-gives-85-covid-protection-study

View attachment 11064

It wasn´t anything political, honestly, same as the French closing the border to commercial traffic before Christmas.

No difference to side effects after having the flu jab
I often have a dull ache in my arm and also some shivers and cold symptoms for a few days
Marky , My misses has yearly flu jab and they were a lot worse than that. Luck of the draw I suppose. I know what you mean about flu jab but you can function. These side effects were in bed for a couple of days type of side effects.

Marky , My misses has yearly flu jab and they were a lot worse than that. Luck of the draw I suppose. I know what you mean about flu jab but you can function. These side effects were in bed for a couple of days type of side effects.

I’ve had the flu jab annually for almost 20 years. Never had any side effects at all.

Seems that after-effects from vaccine are more common following the 2nd dose, or in those who’ve already been infected with coronavirus before their first dose...

https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/covid-vaccine-pfizer-effects

So far, more than 275,000 people have logged their vaccinations in the app, many of them healthcare workers.

Our data team has analysed reports from nearly 40,000 people who were vaccinated in December: 23,308 people who had received just one dose, and 12,444 who had both.

How does the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine make you feel?

This ‘training’ response can feel a bit like the effects we get when we’re fighting off a real infection, including headaches, fever, chills or shivers, tiredness (fatigue), muscle or joint pains, diarrhoea and feeling sick (nausea).

It’s also common to experience pain, swelling, redness or itchiness at the site of the injection, or swelling of the glands (lymph nodes) in the armpit. While they may make you feel grotty, all these effects are a sign that your immune system is kicking into action to protect you from COVID-19.

At the same time, don’t worry if you don’t experience any of these effects after your vaccine. Your immune system will still be learning to respond to the virus - it’s just not making a fuss about it.‍

Does your second COVID-19 vaccine dose feel worse than the first?‍

After effects are more common the second time around, with around one in five who received their second dose of the Pfizer vaccine logging at least one systemic effect.

Similarly, more people experienced effects in their arm after their second dose, with about half reporting local symptoms like pain and swelling.

Do you feel worse after vaccination if you’ve already had COVID-19?

‍Because many people have been continually using the ZOE COVID app throughout the pandemic, we were also able to compare the effects of vaccination in people who had already had COVID-19 with those who had not.

We found that previous exposure to coronavirus makes it more likely that someone will experience systemic effects after vaccination.

upload_2021-2-20_16-12-2.png

All adults in the UK will be offered their first dose of a coronavirus vaccine by the end of July, the prime minister has said.

More than 17 million people have been given a jab since the UK's Covid vaccine rollout began in December 2020.

The government's previous target was to offer all adults the first dose by September.

But Boris Johnson said he now wants the programme to "go further and faster".

He said the July target would allow vulnerable people to be protected "sooner" and would help to further ease lockdown rules across the country.

NHS England chief executive Sir Simon Stevens said there were "early signs" the vaccine rollout was contributing to a fall in hospital admissions.

Credit where it's due - the Govt have done great with the vaccine.

June - Dec will be an important time for the world.
The UK should be able to open up as much as is realistic with covid, so we will see how the virus operates under those circumstances but with the vaccine across the population.

Australia and NZ will go through winter, so we'll see what a "virus free" country looks like through winter and what the impacts of those small volume wide lockdowns are.

These will be really helpful datasets, especially for countries where the vaccine is still a few years away or don't have the social infrastructure to get widespread vaccination.

Has anyone who has had the jab had any allergies to flag up before hand and therefore had any issues?
I’m waiting to be seen for a suspected allergy to Ibruprofen but that ain’t gonna be until August
I need the jab for work as I won’t be allowed in certain government locations without it, and I’m happy to have it just ti get it done, but it sure I’ll be allowed :(:mad:

Yeah, our neighbours (both early 70s) reported fever and chills, and generally feeling under the weather for 48 hours. Not that they were complaining - they were both very pleased to have had it.

I'm 50 and a Type 1 diabetic. Haven't heard anything yet - have fingers crossed that I get my invite early next week. Will give me two weeks before I'm probably back in the (non-virtual) classroom.

I'd recommend just contacting your GP and pushing for it, what if there's an admin error or something somewhere along the chain? Don't chance it, if you're Type1 diabetes worth asking the question?

Back