• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

The whole giving us data up to 2003 was a truly shocking bastardisation and wilful intellectual dishonesty with data from you Scara. The thing is, I'm absolutely convinced you know its a BS response but I can't work out why you do it.
Why's that? I stated at the top of my post I was listing the years with a higher number of deaths per 1000 and that's what I did.

I don't need to go through 600 pages of your drivel on here to prove that you haven't advocated for letting people die in favour of 'saving' the economy. Those that have to unfortunately read them on a daily basis know what your thoughts on that are.

As for cowering indoors, I've just got back from a lovely dinner and have many plans for the coming year which involve trips to the Great Barrier reef, Tasmania, gigs and a fast recovering economy, now that the public health emergency has been addressed.

2003 was a year I remember well, and trust me, 2021 will be infinitely better.
So you didn't spend any time cowering indoors? You didn't give your govt limitless rights to control and direct your population whenever required?

Because if not, your recollection of events and that of all the Australian newspapers differ greatly.

So you didn't spend any time cowering indoors? You didn't give your govt limitless rights to control and direct your population whenever required?

Because if not, your recollection of events and that of all the Australian newspapers differ greatly.

I spent some time in lockdown yes, in three different countries including the UK. Fact is the only country which stuck it out and followed the scientific advice for long enough was Australia (Melbourne to be precise). As for calling cowering, maybe that's one of the many areas where you've been getting it wrong. I call it doing my bit to help the health service, who if I hadn't cowered would be over run and dealing with horrific consequences. Instead of replying so quickly why don't you take a minute to remove your head from own arse and stop coming out with the same contrary flawed arguments. I'm embarrassed for you.

I spent some time in lockdown yes, in three different countries including the UK. Fact is the only country which stuck it out and followed the scientific advice for long enough was Australia (Melbourne to be precise). As for calling cowering, maybe that's one of the many areas where you've been getting it wrong. I call it doing my bit to help the health service, who if I hadn't cowered would be over run and dealing with horrific consequences. Instead of replying so quickly why don't you take a minute to remove your head from own arse and stop coming out with the same contrary flawed arguments. I'm embarrassed for you.
Not for me, thanks.

Some of you might find this interesting and instructive:
https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/Hysteria-Audiobook/B07V9XPNWJ

It would certainly help you to understand why so many people currently feel the way they do.

The whole giving us data up to 2003 was a truly shocking bastardisation and wilful intellectual dishonesty with data from you Scara. The thing is, I'm absolutely convinced you know its a BS response but I can't work out why you do it.
bricks and giggles. 100% sure on this.

Last edited:
German word of the day - Fremdschämen

Would you like that with an example of a cup of tea and an illustrative sandwich?

anyway from the regulator when this was going on.

https://www.cas.mhra.gov.uk/ViewandAcknowledgment/ViewAttachment.aspx?Attachment_id=103741
For me the problem is that because the general infection control approach has been so shambolic, all the eggs have been put in the vaccination basket. They have to get this right as we cannot rely on other measures to protect the vulnerable. I understand why the JCVI are doing it but it is nonetheless a fairly big risk to do this without data on how vaccinated immunity changes in the interval between doses they are proposing or to evaluate the uptake differences when you lengthen the interval between doses.

For me the problem is that because the general infection control approach has been so shambolic, all the eggs have been put in the vaccination basket. They have to get this right as we cannot rely on other measures to protect the vulnerable. I understand why the JCVI are doing it but it is nonetheless a fairly big risk to do this without data on how vaccinated immunity changes in the interval between doses they are proposing or to evaluate the uptake differences when you lengthen the interval between doses.

Well said. And I might add, in the longer term, the whole vaccination program might fail regardless.

We do now at least have a huge and increasing pool of test cases to look at and steer the ongoing vaccination strategy. Expect more changes.

Would you like to explain how terrible life was in 2003? How people were dying on the streets, corpses rotting in mass graves?

Or was it OK actually and not much to concern ourselves with?

No I wouldn't as it's entirely relative. When mortality was even lower 100 or 1000 years ago you can draw analogies but it's absolutely irrelevant to the fact that we have serious excess deaths last year compared to a 5 year average. We know many of those lives could have been saved if we had locked down fully and had a zero Covid policy. Which is the opposite to what you were pushing. We now can argue, with data, that the economy would have been in a better place and less would have died if we had done the opposite to what you and Julie HB and others have pushed for a year.

Back