• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

A few posts ago you were saying it is easy to make the right choice in hindsight. Now you are saying that herd immunity was actually the right choice. So which is it?

Distancing, isolation, testing, tracing and all done quickly was the right choice then as it is now. It saves lives. Singapore and SKorea have shown this to be the correct course of action if done correctly.
Herd immunity is my choice, I think it's far better for the country as a whole.

Our current strategy is better if you care about Northern, old people.

I wouldn't want to live in a country that does what it's told the way S Korea and China do.

We’re in for a lot of UK deaths, and continuing massive UK economic disruption, for quite some time if lots see that as the reason to do as they want.

We’re in for a lot of UK deaths, and continuing massive UK economic disruption, for quite some time if lots see that as the reason to do as they want.
We probably are either way.

I prefer to minimise disruption to normal life as much as possible.

I wouldn't want to live in a country that does what it's told the way S Korea and China do.

Quite an odd sentiment to bear given the current scenarios as to why people are being asked to do what they are told.
Outside of covid I'd maybe agree with you re China, but the example isn't right now.

By the same logic then you have ruled out Lake Como, for there the people will kowtow when asked to do so.

Czech's out drink majority of nations for beer yet the pubs are closed, true, beer is available from other sources but there has been no huge outcry at what is perceived the right thing to do given the current climate - it is just sheer British bloody mindedness that drives you to still go out and mingle etc rather than just accepting that the situation is quite abnormal.
(There is no outcry at the restrictions as a whole, not just beer :) )

This really isn't quite the same as sticking two fingers up to the establishment <or whatever suits>, this is quite serious until there is a solution.

Quite an odd sentiment to bear given the current scenarios as to why people are being asked to do what they are told.
Outside of covid I'd maybe agree with you re China, but the example isn't right now.

By the same logic then you have ruled out Lake Como, for there the people will kowtow when asked to do so.

Czech's out drink majority of nations for beer yet the pubs are closed, true, beer is available from other sources but there has been no huge outcry at what is perceived the right thing to do given the current climate - it is just sheer British bloody mindedness that drives you to still go out and mingle etc rather than just accepting that the situation is quite abnormal.
(There is no outcry at the restrictions as a whole, not just beer :) )

This really isn't quite the same as sticking two fingers up to the establishment <or whatever suits>, this is quite serious until there is a solution.
Bloody mindedness is right.

I'd like to help out but I'm a bit busy living life.

Let's hope that doesn't come back to bite you in the ass then.

I get that desire, I feel the same here but difference being I also accept that for the time being I need to adjust slightly.
My health is my risk and that's one I'm willing to take, rather than stopping life for some unspecified stretch of time.

Most people I've met are of a similar opinion but then there's probably some selection bias there as the others are probably hiding under their beds.

My health is my risk and that's one I'm willing to take, rather than stopping life for some unspecified stretch of time.

Most people I've met are of a similar opinion but then there's probably some selection bias there as the others are probably hiding under their beds.

yep I’m of the same.

if you are high risk stay home if you leave home and get it that’s on you, you know the risk.

I know my risks living still and I take that, it’s on me.

There are so many selfish attitudes from a lot of people who only care for their own health and not that of others. Ok, so you don’t care if you get sick, or not, as it’s your own choice.

That would be all well and good if the first day you were contagious was the first day that you were extremely unwell and so stayed at home and didn’t risk spreading the illness.

As it is, you can carry the virus around with you, passing it to many others around you and forcing the vulnerable to stay indoors as the virus is kept alive. Should the vulnerable stay indoors for good now to allow everyone else the freedom to do what they want without any care for how it affects others?

One doctor said to act as if you have the virus, even if you don’t, so as to take actions to prevent its spread. Yes, I understand it’s frustrating not to ‘live your life’ but that’s going to be for a far shorter period of inconvenience if people comply with the measures in place, rather than if they don’t.

yep I’m of the same.

if you are high risk stay home if you leave home and get it that’s on you, you know the risk.

I know my risks living still and I take that, it’s on me.

That’s the attitude that fudges up the health service and means it won’t be able to cope.

Plenty of people who get this virus who aren’t ‘high risk’ will need hospital treatment to get over it. Once the hospitals are full of those people then the ‘high risk’ people can’t get the help they need and people die.

See Italy for evidence.

As long as you’d all be happy not to receive NHS treatment if you did get the virus.

(Though even then, it’s not just your health - you’re also increasing the likelihood of others getting it when just nipping out to the shop for essentials).

Back