• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

the big thing on the Oxford vaccine is it's deployment ability far outweighs Pfizers which requires -70C storage. the logistics from transport to storing make it almost unviable as the sole solution to COVID, it's simply too difficult.

Even at 70%, if we're attempting herd immunity (and you need 60-80% to achieve that) then it's quite positive as you can store it in a fridge and roll out across the globe easily.

Don't forget if you want the human population to be vaccinated against COVID, you're talking ~3.4bn people requiring a vaccine.

the big thing on the Oxford vaccine is it's deployment ability far outweighs Pfizers which requires -70C storage. the logistics from transport to storing make it almost unviable as the sole solution to COVID, it's simply too difficult.

Even at 70%, if we're attempting herd immunity (and you need 60-80% to achieve that) then it's quite positive as you can store it in a fridge and roll out across the globe easily.

Don't forget if you want the human population to be vaccinated against COVID, you're talking ~3.4bn people requiring a vaccine.

It far easier to manufacture than the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines too

The nashing of teeth of our Australian posters is defeaning.

Two things I will take home from this pandemic are that scientists have no truth as different ones come up with different answers and the is a palpable hatred of people in warm countries to those that live in colder climates.

The nashing of teeth of our Australian posters is defeaning.

Two things I will take home from this pandemic are that scientists have no truth as different ones come up with different answers and the is a palpable hatred of people in warm countries to those that live in colder climates.

Scientists are learning about an unknown disease and are publishing hypotheses to help get us through this. There isn't an objective truth right now. And the Scientists are the reason why we might see an end to this

Supporters will be permitted to attend events in stadiums in England when the national lockdown ends on December 2, says Boris Johnson.

The decision will provide a major boost to governing bodies, which have been forced to postpone events or hold them behind closed doors during the coronavirus pandemic, as well as individual clubs that have been trying to survive without revenue from ticket sales.

The Prime Minister says stadiums in areas that fall within Tiers 1 and 2 - deemed to be low and medium risk, respectively, by the Government - will be allowed to welcome a limited number of fans when the lockdown ends on December 2.

But grounds in Tier 3 areas - the highest risk - will have to continue to hold events behind closed doors.

it's a bit laughable seeing as nearly the entire country will still be locked down.

Shouldn't we now start to see a reduction in cases based on the lockdown?

it's a bit laughable seeing as nearly the entire country will still be locked down.

Shouldn't we now start to see a reduction in cases based on the lockdown?

It doesn't make sense that in Tier 2 I could sit with 2,000 (socially distanced) people in a sports stadium (presumably without being obliged to eat anything), but I couldn't sit with 20-30 (socially distanced) people in a pub (unless that pub also serves 'substantial' meals. Not clear whether I would have to eat said meal, or whether pub just has to offer food. Either way, Tim Martin's donations to the Tory party have paid off for him).

I just dont get it...

So hairdressing/waxing/massage allowed throughout? What is a substantial meal? A main meal? What if i want two starters and a dessert instead, can i not buy a drink?

The previous tier system DID NOT WORK. That's why nearly EVERY place that went to Tier 2, eventually went Tier 3. What is different here that will solve that, and push us back from Tier 2 to Tier 1?

Back