• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

fudge me dead, I said Farage being an anti-lockdowner is no surprise, because most right wing nut jobs think the same. You lot need to start fudging reading posts and not just replying to what you think someone said. It’s fudging tiring.

I was not referring to your post, I addressed that tweet directly with you.

You need to stop being so angry

Where did I “throw insults around?” By calling you anti-lockdowners? If that’s not an accurate term then what is? Or did I insult you by calling Farage right wing nut job?

Can you define an excess death?

And once again, because I would happily go along with a better plan than lockdown if one existed, but I’m still fudging waiting for someone to even attempt an answer at that question.

The chart Clearly shows what SAGE class as excess deaths.

shall we go for that definition?

There’s been pages and pages of plans and ideas and approaches - I’m fact some of which Vallance was pushing for....

Sir Patrick discussed herd immunity in a number of media interviews.

"Our aim," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that morning, is to "try and reduce the peak - not suppress it completely, also because most people get a mild illness, to build up some degree of herd immunity whilst protecting the most vulnerable".

To many, his words appeared an unequivocal endorsement of herd immunity. They also appeared to explain the government's reluctance to order the kind of lockdowns and social distancing measures that were already in place in many other countries, despite cases increasing and worrying scenes in hospitals in Italy.

The chart Clearly shows what SAGE class as excess deaths.

shall we go for that definition?

There’s been pages and pages of plans and ideas and approaches - I’m fact some of which Vallance was pushing for....

Sir Patrick discussed herd immunity in a number of media interviews.

"Our aim," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that morning, is to "try and reduce the peak - not suppress it completely, also because most people get a mild illness, to build up some degree of herd immunity whilst protecting the most vulnerable".

To many, his words appeared an unequivocal endorsement of herd immunity. They also appeared to explain the government's reluctance to order the kind of lockdowns and social distancing measures that were already in place in many other countries, despite cases increasing and worrying scenes in hospitals in Italy.

By herd immunity you mean the famous “let it rip” then? Or am I supposed to infer more details from the title?

I’ve not seen any one talk about how they would get 20,000 cases and +200 deaths per day down.

See markys post above. The thread is littered with this kind of thing.

Also littered with posts from Cancer charities, Hospital Doctors, Epidemiologists etc who say that lockdown is not necessarily the way to go as there are unintended consequences etc.
Even a bigwig at the WHO said the constant Lockdown policy needed to stop..does that count as Random as well?

It'll be 4-6 months imo...Grim!

Yeh no way it is going to be a month, not in a million months of Sundays. The Aussies are on here lauding up about their success of their lockdown and power to them because they got the first one right we did not so comparisons are pointless now because as we stand today we are in a totally different place they were before they went into lockdown, no least because we have already had a 3 month lockdown. The fact we got that wrong and regardless of your beliefs all stats Covid or otherwise are rocketing north goes a long way to explain why people are reticent to believe a second is the definitive way to go, first time done properly 100% yeh, now, I dont believe its the way forward.

I would be more supportive of a lockdown had we not built the nightingale too late, left it as a white elephant and closed it when in fact we could have left it open ready for this wave so we could separate services so that hospitals could be used to concentrate on other illness, we could not even get that idea right.

By herd immunity you mean the famous “let it rip” then? Or am I supposed to infer more details from the title?

I’ve not seen any one talk about how they would get 20,000 cases and +200 deaths per day down.

20,000 cases on the back of PCR tests or actually Ill people?

30 percent of outbreaks are in hosptials/care homes - maybe stopping those would be a start?

The Aussies are on here lauding up about their success of lockdowns because they go the first one right we did not so comparisons are pointless now because as we stand today we are in a totally different place they were before they went into lockdown

See this is why it’s hard to take you seriously. This is just patently incorrect. Victoria endured two lockdowns, the second of which took roughly 4 months and that was coming down from ~700 cases a day - funnily enough, similar figures at similar times to the UK.

The only difference is, our Government took decisive action and today we recorded our 4th day in a row of 0 new cases and 0 deaths.

Yeh no way it is going to be a month, not in a million months of Sundays. The Aussies are on here lauding up about their success of their lockdown and power to them because they got the first one right we did not so comparisons are pointless now because as we stand today we are in a totally different place they were before they went into lockdown, no least because we have already had a 3 month lockdown. The fact we got that wrong and regardless of your beliefs all stats Covid or otherwise are rocketing north goes a long way to explain why people are reticent to believe a second is the definitive way to go, first time done properly 400% yeh, now, I dont believe its the way forward.

I would be more supportive of a lockdown had we not built the nightingale too late, left it as a white elephant and closed it when in fact we could have left it open ready for this wave so we could separate services so that hospitals could be used to concentrate on other illness, we could not even get that idea right.

Yeah, but i think at this stage it's less about infection control and more about, well, just control. The whole "non-essential purchases vs essential purchases" thing highlights that for me.

Inflated power is a powerful drug and i think our government (and many others who are going down this harsh lockdown route) are hooked!

See this is why it’s hard to take you seriously. This is just patently incorrect. Victoria endured two lockdowns, the second of which took roughly 4 months and that was coming down from ~700 cases a day - funnily enough, similar figures at similar times to the UK.

The only difference is, our Government took decisive action and today we recorded our 4th day in a row of 0 new cases and 0 deaths.

But you got things right early on and the damage from the first lockdown to other parts of society are not comparable between the UK and Australia which is why the two are not comparable. We have seen more damage to other factions of society in the UK from the first lockdown be it jobs, welfare or NHS you yourself have argued that Aus did not experience the same levels of damage. This is not about where Australia was or where you are now its about where the UK is now and how we move forward.

That damage to peoples lives needs addressing almost as critically as Covid, I posted direct quotes from Drs over the last week, each different Dr saying the same things so for us to just continue with our Covid National Health Service will see a knock on effect of deaths that will last years after Covid has gone.

Sorry if the idea of caring about wider society makes you feel uncomfortable, I cant help that

Last edited:
Can’t wait to see what this thread is like after you’ve all spent the next 3 months in lockdown. fudging hell is unbearable enough already.

If we spend 3 months in what I think you consider a lockdown to be, the will not be a country left.

Some restrictions sure, but time to find a way to live with the virus, stop being afraid of death and realise that it is part of life. Remember that we need to leave some sort of country for future generations to live in.

Back