• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

still find it remarkable we're not allowing father's in hospital for longer than 2 hrs following the birth of a child, but if the woman gave birth on the floor of a pub we can all happily kick back until 10pm and then get kicked out.

All the stats seem to be totally flawed, are there any that aren't
They just make them up to suit their end goal

It seems there are so many ways of presenting the stats that it doesn't help.
So just looking at the figures for where I live, I've seen the number of infections over a week, the number of infections per week extrapolated up to per 100k population, the 7 day average and something else that I can't recall now. It's not difficult to understand or find out the difference if you have the time to bother looking for it, but not everyone has and it's not always readily explained.

On a separate note I saw that 3 students in Norwich have been fined £10k each for holding a house party for 100 people. I doubt the fines will get paid but regardless of whether one agrees or not with restrictions, that's just totally irresponsible behaviour and it's right that they are fined.

What kinds of pricks would choose to do more damage to their own region like that?

fudging halfwits.

£1 per head for being in tier 2
£2 per head for being in tier 3

Is the answer you are looking for

What about South Korea or other Asian countries? They're a shining advert for handling this well, wearing masks whenever possible and using basic common sense approaches.

We don't see the value in masks because of our culture, it's much more commonplace in many Asian societies who have dealt with the brunt of similar pandemics before.

They wear them all the time - does that really answer the spike we are now seeing?

It makes sense to wear a mask outdoors during cold weather - I went out on Sunday and the mask kept my face warm nicely, so was a benefit. Also, I didn't have to smile at all the 'humans' I met.

NEW: Two of government's scientific advisers tell the FT thousands of deaths - between 3,000 and as many as 107,000 - could be avoided by January if a circuit breaker lockdown is imposed over half term. Scoop by @AnnaSophieGross ft.com/content/25edce…

The problem sage have is convincing people that they are not just trying to ramp up scaremongering - this is laughable.

Last edited:
NEW: Two of government's scientific advisers tell the FT thousands of deaths - between 3,000 and as many as 107,000 - could be avoided by January if a circuit breaker lockdown is imposed over half term. Scoop by @AnnaSophieGross ft.com/content/25edce…

The problem sage have is convincing people that they are just trying to ramp up scaremongering - this is laughable.

That's some range? 3000 - 107,000 behave

It makes sense to wear a mask outdoors during cold weather - I went out on Sunday and the mask kept my face warm nicely, so was a benefit. Also, I didn't have to smile at all the 'humans' I met.

been wearing mine when mandated but have been taking it off when walking on my own outside, got off the train yesterday and it was binning it down so left it on, you are right, lovely and warm

100000 deaths be January is patently absurd.

With lead in times to deaths that implies that more or less the whole population are infected by what end of november?

50 million cases...with the fatality rate running at something like 2 per thousand infections.

For pities sake!

Scientists obviously work on worse case scenario because no one is going to day "hey you got the toll wrong" if they over estimate where as even if one believed restrictions are OTT they are unlikely to advise that in case they are wrong.

still find it remarkable we're not allowing father's in hospital for longer than 2 hrs following the birth of a child, but if the woman gave birth on the floor of a pub we can all happily kick back until 10pm and then get kicked out.

This isn't true, individual NHS trusts are allowed to set their own limt on how long they can stay after. My mate had a kid 2 weeks back and was able to stay there for 2 days until they left hospital.

Back