• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I answered all of this about a week ago - just look back at when we were discussing it. Personally, I believe a lot more could have been done, and the things that have been done, could have been done better. If you are defending this government's performance, what does that make you, if not a government apologist?

As I said you talked about how things needed to be communicated better, the time used better to boost track and trace but no measures of how you would make a lockdown harder and what additional restrictions you'd put in place for people in terms of what they can/can't do.

I'm not defending the governments performance at all, they've done some things OK and others terribly and if you'd read my posts you'd know that.

Sages latest minutes is quite interesting.

no proof curfews work
Wanted circuit breaker 3 weeks ago

SAGE also asked the government to consider:

• Advice to work from home for all those who can;
  • Banning all contact within the home with members of other households (except members of a support bubble)
  • Closure of all bars, restaurants, cafes, indoor gyms, and personal services (e.g. hairdressers)
  • All university and college teaching to be online unless absolutely essential.

Interesting, some of the mayors like Burnham (seems to be the most vocal) are refusing any additional restrictions which would seem to go against this.

In some warped logic you take one death out the Covid column and stick it in suicide or cancer because of delayed treatment and its better, because all that matters are Covid figures. So let's lock everyone back down

ive come to terms there is no coming back from this

Which ever side of the fence you sit most agree we’ve got the weakest most pathetic excuse for a PM and Government (Raab and Rishi aside) in years - they have no plan and have spent billions on awful tech and failed projects.

Interesting, some of the mayors like Burnham (seems to be the most vocal) are refusing any additional restrictions which would seem to go against this.

issue I have with Burnham and the obese one from Liverpool Anderson? Is they are pushing for the hardest of lockdown but don’t want to take ownership about what that means for jobs.

own your choices.

As I said you talked about how things needed to be communicated better, the time used better to boost track and trace but no measures of how you would make a lockdown harder and what additional restrictions you'd put in place for people in terms of what they can/can't do.

I'm not defending the governments performance at all, they've done some things OK and others terribly and if you'd read my posts you'd know that.

Harder is a misnomer. Something you seem fixated on. Effectiveness is everything. Any lockdown measures need to be effective - they need to work as you are stopping a nation or local area from being free and functioning. If you're to implement lockdown, make it meaningful. Have some soldiers out and about. Use the army and the nations small labs to get a rapid testing network established etc etc. I've covered it already.

More interesting what things do you think the government has done OK?

Well if there was poor management the lockdown didn’t work, if it did there wouldn’t be a second.

Also it’s completely ignoring the damage it does in other areas - jobs etc

so as long as you don’t care about anything else other than covid, they sometimes work.

And I’ve shown examples were lockdowns haven’t worked - so to claim they 100 percent work is rubbish.

Happy for you to show me where I said they work 100% and I will retract that statement. But actually it seems to be the other way round - you’re suggesting lockdown 100% doesn’t work.

Australia is the perfect example of the fine balance - most states got it right, Melbourne didn’t and we’re paying the consequences. Just like you in the UK.

Can anyone these 2 questions?...

When you get Coronovirus, For how many days would you expect to give a positive result to a test? I mean, If you had symptoms and went for a test which was positive, How many days on average would you still be positive? Is it just a small window or would you remain positive way after you recovered/No longer had symptoms.

Secondly, Is Covid like a cold/flu in that you are most contagious before you actually show symptoms? Or is contagious for a long period?
FWIW...

Well, we are being told that some hosiptals in the north are heading towards being overwhelmed. And that's with some restrictions already in place.

I'd imagine if governements all over the world thought there wasn't anything to worry about they wouldn't be closing things down, and spending billions and billions of pounds.

If things go really pear shaped and we have emergency wards leaving people to die, where will the proponents of opening up be then? Will they still be shouting out in support of it from the roof tops? No, they will be skulking in the shadows and looking for unicorns.

Sages latest minutes is quite interesting.

no proof curfews work
Wanted circuit breaker 3 weeks ago

SAGE also asked the government to consider:

• Advice to work from home for all those who can;
  • Banning all contact within the home with members of other households (except members of a support bubble)
  • Closure of all bars, restaurants, cafes, indoor gyms, and personal services (e.g. hairdressers)
  • All university and college teaching to be online unless absolutely essential.

So SAGE suggested a short sharp lockdown 3 weeks ago and the government said no

The government are doing what they’ve done since Day 1 of this; ignoring reality until there’s no other option. The only thing that’s guaranteed is that there will be a widespread lockdown before Christmas - once the hospitals are overrun.

A man in the United States has caught Covid twice, with the second infection becoming far more dangerous than the first, doctors report.

The 25-year-old needed hospital treatment after his lungs could not get enough oxygen into his body.

Reinfections remain rare and he has now recovered.

But the study in the Lancet Infectious Diseases raises questions about how much immunity can be built up to the virus.

The man from Nevada had no known health problems or immune defects that would make him particularly vulnerable to Covid.

What happened when
  • 25 March - First wave of symptoms, including sore throat, cough, headache, nausea and diarrhoea
  • 18 April - He tests positive for the first time
  • 27 April - Initial symptoms fully resolve
  • 9 and 26 May - He tests negative for the virus on two occasions
  • 28 May - He develops symptoms again, this time including fever, headache, dizziness, cough, nausea and diarrhoea
  • 5 June - He tests positive for the second time, and is hypoxic (low blood oxygen) with shortness of breath
Scientists say the patient caught coronavirus twice, rather than the original infection becoming dormant and then bouncing back. A comparison of the genetic codes of the virus taken during each bout of symptoms showed they were too distinct to be caused by the same infection.

"Our findings signal that a previous infection may not necessarily protect against future infection," said Dr Mark Pandori, from the University of Nevada.

"The possibility of reinfections could have significant implications for our understanding of Covid-19 immunity."

He said even people who have recovered should continue to follow guidelines around social distancing, face masks and hand washing.

Scientists are still grappling with the thorny issue of coronavirus and immunity.

Does everyone become immune? Even people with very mild symptoms? How long does any protection last?

These are important questions for understanding how the virus will affect us long-term and may have implications for vaccines and ideas such as herd immunity.

So far, reinfection seems to be rare - there have been only a few examples out of more than 37 million confirmed cases.

Reports in Hong Kong, Belgium and the Netherlands said they were no more serious than the first. One in Ecuador mirrored the US case in being more severe, but did not need hospital treatment.

However, it is still early into the pandemic, and the history of other types of coronavirus means protection is expected to wane.

As countries endure a second wave of the virus, we may start to get clearer answers.

A man in the United States has caught Covid twice, with the second infection becoming far more dangerous than the first, doctors report.

The 25-year-old needed hospital treatment after his lungs could not get enough oxygen into his body.

Reinfections remain rare and he has now recovered.

But the study in the Lancet Infectious Diseases raises questions about how much immunity can be built up to the virus.

The man from Nevada had no known health problems or immune defects that would make him particularly vulnerable to Covid.

What happened when
  • 25 March - First wave of symptoms, including sore throat, cough, headache, nausea and diarrhoea
  • 18 April - He tests positive for the first time
  • 27 April - Initial symptoms fully resolve
  • 9 and 26 May - He tests negative for the virus on two occasions
  • 28 May - He develops symptoms again, this time including fever, headache, dizziness, cough, nausea and diarrhoea
  • 5 June - He tests positive for the second time, and is hypoxic (low blood oxygen) with shortness of breath
Scientists say the patient caught coronavirus twice, rather than the original infection becoming dormant and then bouncing back. A comparison of the genetic codes of the virus taken during each bout of symptoms showed they were too distinct to be caused by the same infection.

"Our findings signal that a previous infection may not necessarily protect against future infection," said Dr Mark Pandori, from the University of Nevada.

"The possibility of reinfections could have significant implications for our understanding of Covid-19 immunity."

He said even people who have recovered should continue to follow guidelines around social distancing, face masks and hand washing.

Scientists are still grappling with the thorny issue of coronavirus and immunity.

Does everyone become immune? Even people with very mild symptoms? How long does any protection last?

These are important questions for understanding how the virus will affect us long-term and may have implications for vaccines and ideas such as herd immunity.

So far, reinfection seems to be rare - there have been only a few examples out of more than 37 million confirmed cases.

Reports in Hong Kong, Belgium and the Netherlands said they were no more serious than the first. One in Ecuador mirrored the US case in being more severe, but did not need hospital treatment.

However, it is still early into the pandemic, and the history of other types of coronavirus means protection is expected to wane.

As countries endure a second wave of the virus, we may start to get clearer answers.

This is a frightening prospect, with the way our government are managing things.

Reactions: DTA
The government are doing what they’ve done since Day 1 of this; ignoring reality until there’s no other option. The only thing that’s guaranteed is that there will be a widespread lockdown before Christmas - once the hospitals are overrun.
Even the WHO don’t recommend lockdowns, dunno why Boris thinks that’s the way to go... unless Tory venture capitalists donors are hoping the wave of bankruptcies leads to some easy pickings...

So with the re-infection case, which is super rare, the world is not moving until we have mass vaccinations - and then the possibility that the rare but likely instance of a vaccinated person getting infected and the world will panic again. It really is important to manage this information better.

So with the re-infection case, which is super rare, the world is not moving until we have mass vaccinations - and then the possibility that the rare but likely instance of a vaccinated person getting infected and the world will panic again. It really is important to manage this information better.
Yup, I see even epidemiologists and virologists are getting exasperated with the MSM for their clickbait sensationalism.

Why would the world panic?

Because a large amount of people are incapable of basic thinking?

Sinlge handedly? I am no Khan fan but this is untrue. The cuts to services caused this primarily.

He is mayor, he has a direct mandate for policing in London. Yeh cuts do not help but police presence is not the only reason behind knife crime.

End of the day, its happened on his watch and not only that his responses to such crisis is met with arrogance.

Back