• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

There is a lot of low hanging fruit to take tax from pensions before they screw up the Income and savings of the working generations who are struggling to build up meaningful pensions anyway.

I have been going in once a week, but I work outside of London. Still I feel I am doing my bit for the recovery. Long term we may see a fundamental shift in working habits but the shock of that happening straight away is not sensible.

Certainly interesting.

I was looking at the various countries cases/deaths data the other day, just out of interest due to the increase in positive tests in France, Spain etc. The increase in new cases has been long enough to see a related increase in hospital admissions and deaths and it appears that that hasn't happened.

Why is this?

Off the top of my head.
The people we are testing are more random, asymptomatic etc rather than people already in hospital and frontline staff etc.
Furthermore if viral load is relatable to severe cases, the covid precautions we are taking (masks, hand washing etc) are helping to reduce that.
Treatments and protocols within hospital have become more finely tuned along with more available manpower to deal with patients.
The first wave could well of killed off the weakest.
The virus itself could be weakening, I'm not aware if there is any evidence of mutations so far?

It is worth considering if the steep slope of the first wave of infections is only like that because of the limitations of testing early on. Say we had 200k tests a day from Feb 1, that graph would look very different. Furthermore it is interesting that ourselves and Italy do not appear to have the same uptick in infections and I wonder if that is because both of us (for different reasons) had a longer 'non lockdown' period where the virus went unchecked and so logically infected a larger proportion of our populations?

FWIW I'd make a big call and say a vaccine won't be necessary, not in the way we imagine ie to get the world back to normal, for starters it will take too long and two I think this will end up in the flu jab category ie vulnerable people take it if your worried. Of course if this virus shows little or no antigenic drift it wouldn't even require yearly shots. Plus do not forget if it's not commercially viable the pharma's will lose interest anyway (much like the Sars vaccine).
And if treatments also get to a point that literally barely no-one dies from it, the fear of Covid will evaporate.

As a sidenote: The figures for a develop country like the USA is a sh.it show.

Last edited:
Certainly interesting.

I was looking at the various countries cases/deaths data the other day, just out of interest due to the increase in positive tests in France, Spain etc. The increase in new cases has been long enough to see a related increase in hospital admissions and deaths and it appears that that hasn't happened.

Why is this?

Off the top of my head.
The people we are testing are more random, asymptomatic etc rather than people already in hospital and frontline staff etc.
Furthermore if viral load is relatable to severe cases, the covid precautions we are taking (masks, hand washing etc) are helping to reduce that.
Treatments and protocols within hospital have become more finely tuned along with more available manpower to deal with patients.
The first wave could well of killed off the weakest.
The virus itself could be weakening, I'm not aware if there is any evidence of mutations so far?

What you have to remember is the steep slope of the first wave of infections is only like that because of the limitations of testing early on. Say we had 200k tests a day from Feb 1, that graph would look very different. Furthermore it is interesting that ourselves and Italy do not appear to have the same uptick in infections and I wonder if that is because both of us (for different reasons) had a longer 'non lockdown' period where the virus went unchecked and so logically infected a larger proportion of our populations?

FWIW I'd make a big call and say a vaccine won't be necessary, not in the way we imagine ie to get the world back to normal, for starters it will take too long and two I think this will end up in the flu jab category ie vulnerable people take it if your worried. Of course if this virus shows little or no antigenic drift it wouldn't even require yearly shots. Plus do not forget if it's not commercially viable the pharma's will lose interest anyway (much like the Sars vaccine).
And if treatments also get to a point that literally barely no-one dies from it, the fear of Covid will evaporate.

As a sidenote: The figures for a develop country like the USA is a sh.it show.

have you seen the research that’s out saying the tests are super sensitive, which isn’t a bad thing as such - but they are picking up cases where the virus in the infected is such a low level they are not infectious - but is counted as a case - correctly.

On the USA I think the cases and deaths are starting to drop, or at least peaked.

given what’s gone on over there with protesting on going maybe it’s the same?

have you seen the research that’s out saying the tests are super sensitive, which isn’t a bad thing as such - but they are picking up cases where the virus in the infected is such a low level they are not infectious - but is counted as a case - correctly.

On the USA I think the cases and deaths are starting to drop, or at least peaked.

given what’s gone on over there with protesting on going maybe it’s the same?
I think the whole gamut of testing and the flakiness of it has been one thing that has surprised me during the pandemic.

The tech and knowledge required to develop reliable PCR and serologic tests is hardly unknown or groundbreaking especially considering the resources all parties were throwing at it.

I think the whole gamut of testing and the flakiness of it has been one thing that has surprised me during the pandemic.

The tech and knowledge required to develop reliable PCR and serologic tests is hardly unknown or groundbreaking especially considering the resources all parties were throwing at it.

Testing and death recording is a mess

Back