• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

[QUOTE="LutonSpurs, post: 1327597, member:

What they did was some weird indecisive brick fest.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree was very indecisive. I can forgive them for mistakes but not for the lack of leadership.

WHO made some pretty some pretty questionable judgement calls and critically many came early on in this whole pandemic. The problem is as far as I could see is that they were the gold star of voices to listen to at the start

About the only thing Trump has ever been right about is that they are in China's pocket.

Can someone tell me what the picture in this is meant to mean?

I see things like this a lot so called intelligent people write something genuinely interesting and then finish with some millennium thing i dont understand.

I had the same question. Presumably its thread. Weird to write that when meaning I will post a thread? Undermines their credibility!

shielding the at risk and care homes means we wouldn’t have to have shut down fully.

We are now going to have an unacceptable unemployment levels and buffoons in charge with no idea how to stop it.

This is it really.

Im in a high risk category because of my Parkinson's and well i actually got it but survived. So im allowed back to work but if i had been told to shield for a year to save the economy and all the brick that follows i would have.

I had the same question. Presumably its thread. Weird to write that when meaning I will post a thread? Undermines their credibility!
Glad its not just me then.

Oh by the way welcome to old age haha. Dont understand my son half the time, cant help but think private education was wasted on him.

Can someone tell me what the picture in this is meant to mean?

I see things like this a lot so called intelligent people write something genuinely interesting and then finish with some millennium thing i dont understand.

It means thread. He has done that because of the character restriction on Twitter. There is a thread below that Tweet, which is why I posted it. He talks about the expected effectiveness of the Oxford vaccine and some treatments.

A summary, there is no magic bullet on the horizon, the vaccine appears to be only partially effective but that the treatments can help reduce the symptoms of people who have caught it. Life isn't going to return to normal any time soon.

It means thread. He has done that because of the character restriction on Twitter. There is a thread below that Tweet, which is why I posted it. He talks about the expected effectiveness of the Oxford vaccine and some treatments.

A summary, there is no magic bullet on the horizon, the vaccine appears to be only partially effective but that the treatments can help reduce the symptoms of people who have caught it. Life isn't going to return to normal any time soon.

A partially effective vaccine is still good though, it should help towards slowing the spread by increasing herd immunity and making the symptoms more mild in people who do catch it.

I wonder how long the UK will be paying off the Corna hit for? First we had Austerity post banking crisis. Then Brexit with the lower pound and reduced growth. And now Corona. It could be decades of belt-tightening. From circa 2010 to 2030? Will we get back to a more prosperous place ever again?

What’s in this new normal? Will I be able to hug my mother? The answers landed on “I hope so.” But no promises. 15/

this is some top shelf scaremongering.

What’s in this new normal? Will I be able to hug my mother? The answers landed on “I hope so.” But no promises. 15/

this is some top shelf scaremongering.

He's just trying to present some complex information in a relatable way. The summary being that the vaccine and treatments currently being trialled look likely to help but not be game changers. I am speaking to a friend tonight who is involved in the periphery of the Oxford trial, I'll ask him what he thinks.

What a weird point to make. People die from other reasons so i'll link that to people dying from a global pandemic.

People drive a car with their hands, that doesn't mean you should drive a car with your feet.

No, it's not a weird point at all, and your second paragraph underlines exactly what I've been saying about the figures from the very start.
There is a lot of people quoting figures that have absolutely no idea what they mean.
I work in this sector, I'm in a "key worker" position during this, I deal with it every day of my life (death doesn't take days off), there has been very little "published" figures that are worth the virtual paper they are written on.

What are the rules to your absurd philosophy? How old and ill does a person have to be before you stop trying to let them live as long as possible?

I don't think that it is appropriate for you to challenge Scara like this on a faith position that he obviously holds dear. I might seem absurd to those of us who don't believe and there is obviously scant evidence to support it, but it is his belief system and we should respect that.

He's just trying to present some complex information in a relatable way. The summary being that the vaccine and treatments currently being trialled look likely to help but not be game changers. I am speaking to a friend tonight who is involved in the periphery of the Oxford trial, I'll ask him what he thinks.

The rest is very good, but there was no need for this part I pointed out.

Thank you for that.

Between you my son and the kids at work i will understand things better.

Always said with the new years honour list they should release the new words and phrases of the past year.

I wonder how long the UK will be paying off the Corna hit for? First we had Austerity post banking crisis. Then Brexit with the lower pound and reduced growth. And now Corona. It could be decades of belt-tightening. From circa 2010 to 2030? Will we get back to a more prosperous place ever again?

When i get home i will try and find some links. But try googling debt relief and debt reset. The is an idea of debt reset gaining traction.

Apparently even in medieval times the kings did it to the local peasants because they realised if they had to much debt the would be an uprising.

I think we all on here dont want another 1939 to 1945 period, so we should look to find ways to stop the breeding ground for the second world war.

The have been times when countries have rightly tried to get rid of Africa's debt. If the rest of the world could do that it could de escalate tensions. Hopefully stop tw*ts like Trump being elected.

When i get home i will try and find some links. But try googling debt relief and debt reset. The is an idea of debt reset gaining traction.

Apparently even in medieval times the kings did it to the local peasants because they realised if they had to much debt the would be an uprising.

I think we all on here dont want another 1939 to 1945 period, so we should look to find ways to stop the breeding ground for the second world war.

The have been times when countries have rightly tried to get rid of Africa's debt. If the rest of the world could do that it could de escalate tensions. Hopefully rstop tw*ts like Trump being elected.

Inflation and low-interest rates effectively allows governments to take the money back (from those who keep cash in a bank). Amazing how little relationship money has to bartering anymore. Money was an improvment to bartering as you could exchange apples for a currency that could be used to buy something else from a 3rd party. Relatively simple. Now....smoke and mirrors doesn't even get close. Money works because we believe it. Have faith in it. And if there is enough faith then powers that be are learning that they can add 20 billion today, strikeout 50billion tomorrow etc from an economy...they bolster the financial markets, spend cash where they like. But can they pull the cash back out of the system before anyone notices and our faith erodes?

I disagree. I think the government went too far, too fast.

The cost to the economy will last decades.

Or they were caught in limbo-land? Neither decisive and fast like some Asian nations, Germany etc, who then opened quicker. Or managed like Sweden where they remained open (but protected segments of the population). Instead, we got warm half-arsed Boris scramble.

Back