• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

The relaxing of the rules are going to come with more strict guidelines though which include social distancing where possible, now football can’t do therefore you can argue it should get through a loophole but surely it’s a risk not worth taking especially when every level down has decided sensibly to end? You could argue like has been levelled this week, because of the nature of contact and virus bringing back a contact sport misses the current mood and tone.

For me it’s a high profile flirtation of what we know spreads a virus regardless of “rules”
Completely agree.
I guess (I do really want to see their decision making published) the angle is that everyone will be socially distanced off the pitch.
However, the contract tracing is going to include anyone you come into contact with at less than a metre - so that is everyone involved in a corner. One person gets CVD 19 and suddenly both teams have to quarantine for 14 days.
I really don't see how it's feasible without creating exceptional rules - which is not acceptable for me.
And in line with my views re; Cummings and anyone breaking the rules except under serious health endangering circumstances, it will be the end of football for me. It will clearly put £ before people - that's not acceptable.

Maybe I'm missing something here? I hope I am, because I quite like football.

The framing of the question was very simple and easy to ascertain, it was a direct response to your statement that you are happy to "turn a blind eye" to Cummings actions, despite disagreeing with those actions, because he is important to Brexit.

So you clearly think Brexit is more important than your own morals and more important than the lives of the residents of this country.
Good to know.
Safe to say I have just lost all respect for you.

I’m sure something has entered water system and has shut down many peoples ability for rational thinking.

Last edited:
Never had any for you.

Interestingly the police have said the guy has no case to answer and at most he broke a minor rule, which is exactly what i said.

So people like you who are trying to political point score are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
I was talking about your morale introspection, nothing political in the slightest.
Keep deflecting if you can't look at yourself. It's your life.
All the best. Stay safe.

I was talking about your morale introspection, nothing political in the slightest.
Keep deflecting if you can't look at yourself. It's your life.
All the best. Stay safe.

My morals are fine. He broke a minor rule, not risking anyone. Thats not deflecting anything your trying to be provocative because frankly you have lost an argument, even the police had no major issue with it and they aint no tory lovers.

My morals are fine. He broke a minor rule, not risking anyone. Thats not deflecting anything your trying to be provocative because frankly you have lost an argument, even the police had no major issue with it and they aint no tory lovers.

The police are not there to assign guilt.

That’s the courts - they also had enough of an issue to turn him away if the saw him.

That’s not the issue, the actual issue is the government has now lost authority to ask for us to do our civil duty

Millions are tinkled, I’m meh over it but people that have lost family/jobs etc are not.

Reactions: DTA
Completely agree.
I guess (I do really want to see their decision making published) the angle is that everyone will be socially distanced off the pitch.
However, the contract tracing is going to include anyone you come into contact with at less than a metre - so that is everyone involved in a corner. One person gets CVD 19 and suddenly both teams have to quarantine for 14 days.
I really don't see how it's feasible without creating exceptional rules - which is not acceptable for me.
And in line with my views re; Cummings and anyone breaking the rules except under serious health endangering circumstances, it will be the end of football for me. It will clearly put £ before people - that's not acceptable.

Maybe I'm missing something here? I hope I am, because I quite like football.
if you think it thru to some logical conclusions, as you have, it does appear unworkable or easily collapsible, if applying the guidelines as written. Testing is inherently retrospective to some degree, even if testing daily, so there is no way to full proof football.

Personally, as we will not be allowed to attend, and the state of our season as it was, and due to the gap we have already not had football, rolling round to Aug/Sept would be the best plan all round. It feels like summer already, lets just try and enjoy that.

Ahhh the old Cummings can't be a protective father because Jan from the NHS has a different set of circumstances.

Or cos a single mum with covid has to look after her child, means he should when he had a better potential solution available to him and his family?

Thats kind of dumb really

Aye, but if it's shouted loud enough, often enough and with sufficient emotion (genuine is best but not necessary) then that's the sort of 'argument' that carries the day right now.

Aye, but if it's shouted loud enough, often enough and with sufficient emotion (genuine is best but not necessary) then that's the sort of 'argument' that carries the day right now.
To be fair, Cummings probably applauds that - it is literally out of his playbook.
And the fact that has become so prevalent over the past few years is testiment to his skills.

Looks like the antibody study is putting the estimate for the cumulative number of infections in the UK at about 4.5 million (with the upper end of the confidence interval touching 6 million).

Good to see Johnson shut down Kuensberg there too.

He is also avoiding perfectly reasonable questions though. He was asked whether if someone is instructed to self isolate for 14 days, are there any exceptions where there are childcare issues. Perfectly valid question, given it was seemingly a valid exemption previously. This would have been a perfect opportunity to clarify. But he avoided it.

I missed the start of the presser, what was the interaction with her?

She basically wanted to ask the scientific advisors to comment on Cummings.

Johnson wouldn't allow the question to go to them, as it was obviously political (and she pretty quickly got bounced off the screen).

Last edited:
He is also avoiding perfectly reasonable questions though. He was asked whether if someone is instructed to self isolate for 14 days, are there any exceptions where there are childcare issues. Perfectly valid question, given it was seemingly a valid exemption previously. This would have been a perfect opportunity to clarify. But he avoided it.

Maybe he saw it as a provocative question.

The press wasted a week of asking meaningful questions and they roostered it up.

I’m not crying over spilt Guinness

Back