• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Obviously the guy who posted a little Liberals are scum rant at 6:15 today [emoji23] What is a Liberal Grays? And seeing as we're pigeonholing, what would you class yourself as?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I don’t care that you find the term old, so therefore my post stand last and I don’t care?

I also didn’t call them scum so that’s factually incorrect. As for not agreeing with every element of liberalism isn’t pigeon holing then, I just think there is gaping holes in their holier than thou exteriors and find their lack of acceptance a lot less than the right oddly.

I am just a normal person who calls things what they are and don’t waiver to be in some popular side, it is just what it is to me.

I don’t care that you find the term old, so therefore my post stand last and I don’t care?

I also didn’t call them scum so that’s factually incorrect.

I am just a normal person who calls things what they are and don’t waiver to be in some popular side, it is just what it is to me.

I'm not sure you could define 'Liberals' other than you think you're against them :) Calling things what they are is admirable. Maybe you'd extend that to treating people as they come too, rather than put them into crude groups. Or is that too liberal?

I'm not sure you could define 'Liberals' other than you think you're against them :) Calling things what they are is admirable. Maybe you'd extend that to treating people as they come too, rather than put them into crude groups. Or is that too liberal?

People who regard themselves as liberals as much as they are pigeon holed as such, as do people on here who like to put people in groups of left or right. I just call as spade a shovel

In the interests of looking to get this thread back on topic, I think one of the biggest things people are missing with coronavirus and the world reaction to it is that it has never been -and won't be- universal.
Different places will see themselves as "fit" to "re-phase normal life" back in at different times. We will likely see a situation where one area which might be in their summer is "OK to do their stuff" and anyone from a shelter-territory visiting will have to quarantine on their return from a visit to said-area. Stuff like that.

People 'demand' it all in the modern world.

They want things as cheap as they can, and fast as they can.
They want guaranteed safety wherever they go.
They want quality without paying top rate.
They want vast wealth without having to support an unequal system against the societal discomforts of large-scale inequality.

It isn't for me to say what is right and wrong, but it is clear that you cannot have all of that. Personally, I think the notion of "guaranteed safety" has always been somewhat ridiculous. Life is a risk, it is simply about taking care to mitigate risk factors wherever possible. There are no guarantees.

Thus anyone who thinks we will be on universal "lock down" for too much longer is simply not being realistic. Again, I am not saying what is right or wrong, just what I believe to be a reality based on where our society currently is both in real-time and in terms of the values and traits it has largely chosen to adopt.

Me? I will continue to practice safety measures which hopefully mitigate my risk factor whilst also looking to live my life as best as is possible without being a thick, inconsiderate clown shoe.

That’s their biggest issue, liberals are the most intolerant of all folk, they just band names about to shut down arguments or go into hiding when they don’t want to answer tough questions. I think that’s been shown further on too.

Fact is it’s 2020 and I don’t feel shame in the British Empire or get defensive, nothing to do with me what they did before me anymore than it is Prince Harry for Henry the 8th lobbing off his wives heads.

People hate the Brits, a lot of it is jealousy, makes sense as we are a country that punched above its size for most of its time, they hate us but want to be part of us, I see it as flattering.

I get that the British government has been slow to react a government i did not vote for by the way. I also feel that they have used the scientific advisers as a bit of a kop out of taking decisions themselves.

But what was the real alternative for them. Go against their own advisers and if it went wrong they would have been blamed for the deaths.

This is now like the Mourinho thread where it looked like i was defending him and it looks like im defending the government and i am not. I did not vote in the last election, if Corbyn had not talked about another referendum i would have voted for him, i liked him.

But i find it distasteful when people from other countries pile in to criticise and mock a country that is in a crisis and particularly when that country has done so much to help others.

Whether you like Johnson or not and even if you go back to Blair and Cameron who i both hated. None of our leaders even if they are not your cup of tea are anything like Trump. I disagreed on everything with Blair but i could see his politics were not actually motivated by hate like Trump's is.

As for the British or English thing. My GHod the empire finished long before any of us were even born, we as a country should be criticised for that still??? But we have to allow other countries to move on from there mistakes.

Being English is even worse then being British because being English is not allowed. Even Scotland and Wales have their own national assemblies but no the English cant have that.

Culturaly Englishness is being demeaned and knocked down. It is one reason why brexit happened. Politicaly i actually feel on the whole i am in the centre. Let me just say this and not as a threat if people keep putting the Englush down and treating them unfairly then it wont be long before we get our own Trump.

I get that the British government has been slow to react a government i did not vote for by the way. I also feel that they have used the scientific advisers as a bit of a kop out of taking decisions themselves.

But what was the real alternative for them. Go against their own advisers and if it went wrong they would have been blamed for the deaths.

This is now like the Mourinho thread where it looked like i was defending him and it looks like im defending the government and i am not. I did not vote in the last election, if Corbyn had not talked about another referendum i would have voted for him, i liked him.

But i find it distasteful when people from other countries pile in to criticise and mock a country that is in a crisis and particularly when that country has done so much to help others.

Whether you like Johnson or not and even if you go back to Blair and Cameron who i both hated. None of our leaders even if they are not your cup of tea are anything like Trump. I disagreed on everything with Blair but i could see his politics were not actually motivated by hate like Trump's is.

As for the British or English thing. My GHod the empire finished long before any of us were even born, we as a country should be criticised for that still??? But we have to allow other countries to move on from there mistakes.

Being English is even worse then being British because being English is not allowed. Even Scotland and Wales have their own national assemblies but no the English cant have that.

Culturaly Englishness is being demeaned and knocked down. It is one reason why brexit happened. Politicaly i actually feel on the whole i am in the centre. Let me just say this and not as a threat if people keep putting the Englush down and treating them unfairly then it wont be long before we get our own Trump.

I will say that yes, Johnson is not nearly as poor as Trump.

The blame game will continue forever and a day. I read an interesting piece which said Johnson was so reliant on his experts that THEY let hime down when some withheld their fears that covid19 was going to be far worse than at that time projected. The article said had they been more forward, Johnson would've listened. I do remember him saying all along that he was listening to medical experts.
The under-funding of the NHS, lack of PPE, is a whole other issue, and one where the government deserves criticism IMO.

The evils of the British empire (and there were many) are oft quoted.
Yet they are any worse to what the Spanish , French, German or Portuguese. done.
Or what horrors carried out in the name of both the Christian churches.
Many of these countries still display statues or name roads, buildings etc of some their "heroes".
Ultimately the "civilised" European has a lot of blood on their hands.
That shouldn't be forgotten and lessons should be learned from it, but why it is used to beat the British (an mainly the English) with a stick baffles me. But using it against a present day briton is totally nonsensical.

In the interest of total parity it should be pointed out that India, China and Asia aren't exactly hot beds of equality and overflowing with the milk of human kindness.

Reactions: DTA
The evils of the British empire (and there were many) are oft quoted.
Yet they are any worse to what the Spanish , French, German or Portuguese. done.
Or what horrors carried out in the name of both the Christian churches.
Many of these countries still display statues or name roads, buildings etc of some their "heroes".
Ultimately the "civilised" European has a lot of blood on their hands.
That shouldn't be forgotten and lessons should be learned from it, but why it is used to beat the British (an mainly the English) with a stick baffles me. But using it against a present day briton is totally nonsensical.

In the interest of total parity it should be pointed out that India, China and Asia aren't exactly hot beds of equality and overflowing with the milk of human kindness.
Sounds like we've all been c.unts at some point:D

I will say that yes, Johnson is not nearly as poor as Trump.

The blame game will continue forever and a day. I read an interesting piece which said Johnson was so reliant on his experts that THEY let hime down when some withheld their fears that covid19 was going to be far worse than at that time projected. The article said had they been more forward, Johnson would've listened. I do remember him saying all along that he was listening to medical experts.
The under-funding of the NHS, lack of PPE, is a whole other issue, and one where the government deserves criticism IMO.

The underfunding part was a different government and near enough all those key cabinet people are either on the backbenches or booted out altogether.

PPE is a different story where we need to get ahead of things and sort out our procurement.

I also didn’t call them scum so that’s factually incorrect. As for not agreeing with every element of liberalism isn’t pigeon holing then, I just think there is gaping holes in their holier than thou exteriors and find their lack of acceptance a lot less than the right oddly.

He does that a lot. Don't take it personally.

Back