• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Glad to hear it. I'm back to normal too pretty much.

I'll be curious to know if I actually had the virus. I think I'll get tested when antibody tests are available.

Glad to hear that too. I will definitely also be queing up to find out if I actually had the virus as soon as possible. Hopefully that will mean I'm immune too, and can resume a more normal life (unless I'm still contagious of course).

I have to admit that I thought Boris' speach today was pretty good. Had to laugh about the comment about 'a lot of them Called Nick' :)

It has been in the news that South Korea has had quite a few false results, with people testing that there clear who then test positive. Also been in the news that the Government are suing the Chinese for their money back or our money back because they sent over tests that dont work.

It is quite clear to me that although I did not vote for this government some of the things have been out of their control and I am prepared to cut them some slack.

I do however think they should have shut down international travel quicker when we saw what was happening in Italy. It is great they got F1 teams to help make ventilators. But they should have been doing the same with PPE, I think some of their reactions have been very slow.

It has been in the news that South Korea has had quite a few false results, with people testing that there clear who then test positive. Also been in the news that the Government are suing the Chinese for their money back or our money back because they sent over tests that dont work.

It is quite clear to me that although I did not vote for this government some of the things have been out of their control and I am prepared to cut them some slack.

I do however think they should have shut down international travel quicker when we saw what was happening in Italy. It is great they got F1 teams to help make ventilators. But they should have been doing the same with PPE, I think some of their reactions have been very slow.

Chinese stuff shipped over not working? Well thats a first . . . .

The furlough period was three months. I think that’s the biggest clue. June seems likeliest. We are 2 -3 weeks behind Italy and I believe they’ve just added another fortnight to their lockdown.

Even when we come out of this stage of lockdown, I think a lot of people will be surprised at what they are still not able to do. Life, imo, is going to remain pretty limited until good therapeutic treatments or a vaccine arrive.

I think we are going to enter a world where certain areas/nations/territories open up in varying degrees until a vaccine is confirmed. My feeling is seasonal temperatures will factor in with curve data. I think in places such as the States you will a lot more "by zip code" operation. For example, California could relax in a different way to (say) NY, and event attendees might be required to use zip codes when purchasing tickets for an event or what-not. It will continue to be a massive battle between common sense, civil rights, commercial realities and the potential of civic unrest.

The biggest issue is we are a society which requires service. We want it all. We want cheap, we want fast, we want safety guaranteed and we want low taxes. It does not take any sort of scientist to figure out that is all impossible together. Especially now.

My preference has always been for proper, well-funded social services and service sector jobs, and for those who want to prosper and be wealthy, all good just be sure to help maintain a civilized, functioning society.

Now we are in an era where people have to decide.
Maintenance of our financial system?
Guaranteed protection from virus?
Payment of society through the time we have a vaccine?

I believe one of those is impossible beyond measure. I suspect we would all have differing views on which one it is.

Sounds like they're only about 80% accurate from what's available online.

Depends on what sort of test. There are several different methods. I read something about this recently. I'll see if I can find it again.
Not exactly what I was looking for, but Here's a thread about anti-body tests, and why they do not work very well at this time, because not enough people have been infected yet.

It's really complicated, but the short version is that it's pretty much useless at this point. The uncertainty is far to high.

The biggest issue is we are a society which requires service. We want it all. We want cheap, we want fast, we want safety guaranteed and we want low taxes. It does not take any sort of scientist to figure out that is all impossible together. Especially now.

My preference has always been for proper, well-funded social services and service sector jobs, and for those who want to prosper and be wealthy, all good just be sure to help maintain a civilized, functioning society.

Now we are in an era where people have to decide.
Maintenance of our financial system?
Guaranteed protection from virus?
Payment of society through the time we have a vaccine?

I believe one of those is impossible beyond measure. I suspect we would all have differing views on which one it is.

I would vote for you, it is the same sort of society i want. I like Corbyn if he had not flipped flopped on the EU i would have voted for him, i felt he was looking for a fairer society. But i also like to make money and enjoy the finer things in life like holidays and nice clothes. I am confused on my own beliefs right now, I have 3 flats we rent out and at the moment I dont really agree that is fair when young people cant get on the property ladder.

I would vote for you, it is the same sort of society i want. I like Corbyn if he had not flipped flopped on the EU i would have voted for him, i felt he was looking for a fairer society. But i also like to make money and enjoy the finer things in life like holidays and nice clothes. I am confused on my own beliefs right now, I have 3 flats we rent out and at the moment I dont really agree that is fair when young people cant get on the property ladder.
It's because you're changing fella, we all do it, at different speeds. Outlook changes, priorities change, de-coupling from the conditioning we were not even aware of, thinking for yourself, emotional intelligence, realisation that the best things aren't things.

They're is a lot of contrary Mary as you move thru that but embrace it, it's still who you are and the aim is to be happy with who you are as that what will reflect outwards.

Back