• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Copa America 2015

Argies coulda snatched it awat last minute, that pass was just too heavy and far past for Higuain.

Very annoyed with Argentina yet again ! They are a team full of top quality players, yet couldn't win when it matters most. They have now lost World Cup and Copa America finals within a year. And both times they were the favourites but couldn't handle the presssure to win ! Both Messi and Argentina were unconvincing throughout the tournament, except for the semi final against Paraguay which they won 6-1.

They have no business losing to Chile, albeit by penalties. They had enough quality to beat Chile but they couldn't lift their game and hardly created many chances. I think the biggest culprit will be Higuain who not only wasted a golden chance to score late in normal time but also missed the penalty. Annoying thing is, Higuain also wasted a golden chance to score against Germany in the World Cup final last year. It is clear Higuain doesn't have the mental strength to play in major finals.

Argentina used to be most successful team in Copa America with 14 trophies but they have now failed to win a major trophy since winning the Copa America in 1993. In fact, Argentina have now lost their last 3 Copa America finals. In the same period, Uruguay have won 2 Copa titles to overtake Argentina as the most successful team with 15 Copa trophies.

Maradona worked hard to bring the winning formula to Argentina. But Messi and company have thrown all that away now. I think history books will probably call this Argentina team of 2014/15 as the strongest Argentina team not to win any Cups. They just lack a winning spirit and passion to win the big trophies. It it unforgivable the way they failed despite having a team of world class stars.

Very annoyed with Argentina yet again ! They are a team full of top quality players, yet couldn't win when it matters most. They have now lost World Cup and Copa America finals within a year. And both times they were the favourites but couldn't handle the presssure to win ! Both Messi and Argentina were unconvincing throughout the tournament, except for the semi final against Paraguay which they won 6-1.

They have no business losing to Chile, albeit by penalties. They had enough quality to beat Chile but they couldn't lift their game and hardly created many chances. I think the biggest culprit will be Higuain who not only wasted a golden chance to score late in normal time but also missed the penalty. Annoying thing is, Higuain also wasted a golden chance to score against Germany in the World Cup final last year. It is clear Higuain doesn't have the mental strength to play in major finals.

Argentina used to be most successful team in Copa America with 14 trophies but they have now failed to win a major trophy since winning the Copa America in 1993. In fact, Argentina have now lost their last 3 Copa America finals. In the same period, Uruguay have won 2 Copa titles to overtake Argentina as the most successful team with 15 Copa trophies.

Maradona worked hard to bring the winning formula to Argentina. But Messi and company have thrown all that away now. I think history books will probably call this Argentina team of 2014/15 as the strongest Argentina team not to win any Cups. They just lack a winning spirit and passion to win the big trophies. It it unforgivable the way they failed despite having a team of world class stars.

Completely agree. They are very hot and cold. Not consistent at all. I wouldn't say they were lucky in the World Cup, but they never really hit top form, Messi did in bursts, but not towards the end of the tournament.

Higuian missed glorious chances that you can't afford to miss in a final.

Messi fails on the big stage again ... great player, but not best ever

Best player in club football history no question, no one comes close for me.

But I agree when it comes to tournament football, he is behind Maradona and Zidane. It doesn't make sense, the CL is arguably a higher standard, so you would think he could master international as well.

will take it to other thread, but its really Messi without Barca is not the same, and its not about team quality (that Argentina squad should win things)

He did look a bit listless during the World Cup final. No explanatation as to why, he seems to love his country, most South Americans are passionate about playing for their countries.

He did look a bit listless during the World Cup final. No explanatation as to why, he seems to love his country, most South Americans are passionate about playing for their countries.

He is a great player, my opinion, he has grown up in one team, one team built around him that plays to him always, the national squad is different.

Perhaps the lesson on Messi is .. if you are looking for his flaw, it's possibly a lack of adaptability.

He is a great player, my opinion, he has grown up in one team, one team built around him that plays to him always, the national squad is different.

Perhaps the lesson on Messi is .. if you are looking for his flaw, it's possibly a lack of adaptability.

I'll be honest, I can't put my finger on why he hasn't won anything with Argentina. As we have seen with Barca, he literally has the ability to jink past 6 or 7 players on his own without any help from Iniesta or Xavi so he should in theory be able to do the same with Argentina. Maybe he just lacks the desire dare I say it?

Agree with Spurs7891 post #49...

When Argentina fail people will always look at Messi.

But that's Argentina's two biggest national finals - four hours of football with no goals scored and for a squad that boasts the likes of Aguero, Di Maria, Higuain, Tevez, Lavezzi. The ultimate flat track bullies , the lot of them .

That Higuain penalty had 'bottle job' written all over it.

Chile deserved it. :( Argentina just didn't seem to be up for it.

With home advantage they also made it a physical affair . Nearly 30 fouls committed by Chile and a couple were possible reds. They played their home advantage well but it were a horrible spectacle.

At Barca they've built the team and adjusted tactics to suit him, with Argentine he's just one of the 11.

Back