• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Copa America 2015

I thought it was a 1 match ban as an automatic result of the card. Then a committee was formed to set the actual punishment. In a hectic tournament schedule it partly makes sure no player becomes eligible because the committee hasn't met up yet if the games are close together I think.

I don't think it was ever set as a 1 game ban and then revised.
Right, the one game ban was because of the red, the 4 games then set by a committee because they wanted to set the actual punishment (he was also having a go at officials after the game when he found out abut the red), also bearing in mind he had a yellow previously.

There also seems to be a lot of hoo-haa with Arturo Vidal. Smashed his car up while driving drunk - lucky he didn't kill anyone ! Apparently Chile are imposing a zero tolerance by police to drink driving. But because of the Copa, his charges are likely to be done at a later date ... and most probably dropped. Media blowing it up and some outcry too due to his actions.

Brazil football seems to be in in all kinds of trouble now ! After getting humiliated at their own World Cup last year, they have lost to Colombia in Copa America and have now lost the U-20 WC final to Serbia ! Even worse, they had their best player Neymar injured at the WC and now he got stupidly send off and got banned in the Copa America, both times against Colombia !

A man with principles...

Chile defender Gonzalo Jara has incurred the wrath of his club side Mainz following his controversial actions at the Copa America, with the Bundesliga outfit prepared to let the player leave.

Television images appeared to show Jara poking Edinson Cavani's backside in the 1-0 win over Uruguay before then falling to the ground holding his face after the Uruguayan responded by flicking his hand onto the Chilean's chin.

Mainz' sporting director Christian Heidel told Bild: "We do not tolerate that. What makes me more angry than the prod, however, is what happens after. There is nothing I hate more than theatrics. He knows that if an offer comes in, he can go."

A man with principles...

Chile defender Gonzalo Jara has incurred the wrath of his club side Mainz following his controversial actions at the Copa America, with the Bundesliga outfit prepared to let the player leave.

Television images appeared to show Jara poking Edinson Cavani's backside in the 1-0 win over Uruguay before then falling to the ground holding his face after the Uruguayan responded by flicking his hand onto the Chilean's chin.

Mainz' sporting director Christian Heidel told Bild: "We do not tolerate that. What makes me more angry than the prod, however, is what happens after. There is nothing I hate more than theatrics. He knows that if an offer comes in, he can go."

Fair play to him. Don't expect the rest of the football world to follow though, especially South America, they just accept it as good play. Diving, theatrics, it's all seen as part of the game to them. Not trying to sound sanctimonious as there are plenty of British players who cheat, but they take it to a new level.

Argentina's win over Columbia was tough, the keepers played their parts well. Now Brazil are struggling with Paraguay. T Silva's handball was a very silly give away.

Brazil are out ! Paraguay put the pens away better, one terrible miss against Brazil's two. Dunga must be feeling lowww, to say the least. Change of manager ?

Dunga is dreadful, can't believe they even reappointed him.

Good players, especially big-name players, seldom become good managers. Don't know why teams keep on appointing former players as managers. Even Argentina have tried and failed with Passarella and Maradona in the past. So it was really stupid of Brazil of appoint their former captain Dunga as manager for the second time. They were never convincing in any of the matches here, even losing to Colombia. Losing their key player Neymar should not be a excuse for them not to play well as they have many other good players.

i said it before, Brazilian football is dire right now. Horrid

Back