• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Confederations Cup 2013

Crying shame GDS never made the grade with us at Spurs.

He's an absolute legend whenever he plays for Mexico.

Moura and Ramires should start in their best XI. Although I'm not sure who gets dropped.

actually

Cesar
Alves Dante Silva Marcelo
Sandro Ramires
Oscar Moura Neymar
Hulk

Hulk has a 1 in 4 strike rate at international level and you want him to be the spear head of their attack, funny that coming from someone called diego_maradona

So fudging happy for Tahiti

Happy because they got hammered ?
Tahiti shouldn't be in this tournament. The only reason they are here is because of some strange World Cup qualification format for Oceania. Tahiti won a meaningless second round but New Zealand won the third round to progress to the play-off match against a Concacaf team. Don't know why Tahiti represents Oceania instead of New Zealand in the Confederation Cup. After getting hammered by Nigeria, can see Tahiti doing even worse against Spain and Uruguay.

Last edited:
Tahiti shouldn't be in this tournament. The only reason they are here is because of some strange World Cup qualification format for Oceania. Tahiti won a meaningless second round but New Zealand won the third round to progress to the play-off match against a Concacaf team. Don't know why Tahiti represents Oceania instead of New Zealand in the Confederation Cup. After getting hammered by Nigeria, can see Tahiti doing even worse against Spain and Uruguay.

The tournament shouldnt exist end of story.

The tournament shouldnt exist end of story.

This is supposed to be a mini rehearsal to next year's World Cup. It is a good idea but they should have made sure only the fully deserved teams compete. Without Australia, New Zealand is the only decent team from Oceania. They should disband Oceania and combine it with Asia to have more competent teams.

Tahiti represents Oceania because they won the Oceanic cup, it's fair enough that they're in the tournament. I personally prefer watching an underdog in a tournament. Fair enough, they might not put up much of a fight but at least you get goals, unlike in the 2010 world cup which was the biggest pile of brick I've ever had the mispleasure of seeing complete with everyone playing for the 1-0. I still can't believe a team that played as medicore and unimpressive as Spain did won a World Cup.

Happy because they gave it their all and even scored a goal.

You see teams like San Marino who just seem content on defending and trying to break on the counter, but they are quite clearly brick. At least Tahiti won the Oceanic cup (yes, more trophies than Arsenal in the past 8 years). They didn't sit back and defend, actually played a high line and thought fudge it, We'll attack you, you attack us. I was so happy when they got a goal, loved how all the Brazilians were cheering Tahiti and booing when Nigeria attacked :lol:

Tahiti represents Oceania because they won the Oceanic cup, it's fair enough that they're in the tournament. I personally prefer watching an underdog in a tournament. Fair enough, they might not put up much of a fight but at least you get goals, unlike in the 2010 world cup which was the biggest pile of brick I've ever had the mispleasure of seeing complete with everyone playing for the 1-0. I still can't believe a team that played as medicore and unimpressive as Spain did won a World Cup.

Was with with 100% up to the BIB.

Very good tournament so far. Although I didn't watch the Tahiti game yesterday as I figured the outcome was a foregone conclusion.

Several of the teams seem to be in a good place, they all seemingly want to have a real go at winning it, but there's not the same pressure as in a World Cup or European Championship so the players can relax a bit more and express themselves.

Been watching the Spain U21s throughout the European Cup and I think they play better than the senior team. Maybe it's an easier level for them as most are already top players capped by the first team etc but they just looked more ruthless, they attacked better, they kept possession when needed but always wanted to penetrate and score goals.

I always get the feeling that the Spain senior side show respect to opposition. fudge that brick. They just seem to pass for the sake of it, I do find it boring. I admire what they do, they keep possession very well and they are a very good team full of very very good players but damn, I just want some aggression, some ruthlessness to their play.

Although in honesty I think it matters about opposition. If a team is going to sit back and try and soak Spains pressure up, then the game is always going to be boring. That is why I can't wait to see Spain play Brazil, because Brazil won't do that, we should get a full blown end to end game which will be exciting. That is where I enjoy Spain, when they do have to be ruthless because just keeping possession won't be good enough.

Back