• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Confederations Cup 2013

Moura and Ramires should start in their best XI. Although I'm not sure who gets dropped.

actually

Cesar
Alves Dante Silva Marcelo
Sandro Ramires
Oscar Moura Neymar
Hulk

I think Lucas Leiva will be in and around their World Cup squad. Brilliant player, finally back from injury and I have no doubt if relatively fit he'll be a key part of Liverpools team next year.

Japan move the ball around well - when they can get it! Not the best game. Brazil, for all their ability, don't seem to be completely intune as a team. But lots of individual stars.

Ramires was disciplined as he turned up a day late or something. Shame Bernard isn't going to get any time on the pitch but maybe it's best for us if he doesn't.

Lucas is so so good. Love seeing him play!

It's the way he just glides/powers past people. There's certain players in the game currently who do exactly what fans love to watch, get at the opposition quickly and commit them.
Messi, Cristiano, Neymar, Lucas ...oh and that welsh kid at Spurs too.

It's frightening to face that

Mazacar is certainly a brilliant trio. You add to that Schurrle and de Bruyne and it really is ridiculous.

Quite crazy that all 3 could have been at Spurs too (if rumours are said to be true).

Twice in one game!!

That Hulk is brick though

...and the Official Other Games thread for the hatrick : ) Mumorn - just yanking your chain.

Hope to catch more of this cup. Looks worth watching for once. No teams pulling out this time. When do Spain play?

...and the Official Other Games thread for the hatrick : ) Mumorn - just yanking your chain.

Hope to catch more of this cup. Looks worth watching for once. No teams pulling out this time. When do Spain play?

think Spain are up against Uruguay tomorrow.

think Spain are up against Uruguay tomorrow.

Si si! Will have to catch the highlights. I think its the combination of being in Brazil and the European team not pulling out for once, looks like they all want to win.

Used to be that certain cups were not that sought or respected. Club and international - the 2nd English cup, Club World, UEFA cup, Confederations - but with football such a big game now, and with the resources available, it seems that these tournaments are being more hotly contested now. I guess as a player you don't get many chances to win medals, so why not go for it!

Last edited:
Brazil-Japan was an enjoyable match. Thought Brazil will be very nervous but they didn't let it affect them much. Missed the third goal but first 2 goals were well-taken, especially Neymar's goal. Looking forward to the Mexico-Italy match as it has the potential to be an entertaining one.

Is it me or is there more sound problems tonight on BBC Three's coverage? First it was cutting out a lot, and now the picture is ahead of the sound!

Back