• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Confederations Cup 2013

I think Italy played really well and deserved to win. They had so many chances to score in the first half but wasted them. It is a pity for Italy that Balotelli was injured. He would have scored those chances. Italy was also unlucky in extra time as they hit the post. It was really surprising to see the quality of all the penalties. All were well-taken penalties. It is obvious both Spain and Italy have practised penalties. Italy have a mixed record in penalties as they won the 2006 WC Final but lost the 1994 WC Final and the 1990 WC semifinal. They should have went all-out for goal in extra time instead of relying on penalties.

Nothing against Spain but it is getting boring seeing them winning almost every major tournament since 2008. Want to see Brazil win but just can't see their shaky defence stopping Spain.

I think Italy played really well and deserved to win. They had so many chances to score in the first half but wasted them. It is a pity for Italy that Balotelli was injured. He would have scored those chances. Italy was also unlucky in extra time as they hit the post. It was really surprising to see the quality of all the penalties. All were well-taken penalties. It is obvious both Spain and Italy have practised penalties. Italy have a mixed record in penalties as they won the 2006 WC Final but lost the 1994 WC Final and the 1990 WC semifinal. They should have went all-out for goal in extra time instead of relying on penalties.

Nothing against Spain but it is getting boring seeing them winning almost every major tournament since 2008. Want to see Brazil win but just can't see their shaky defence stopping Spain.

Overall it was a fairly close game i thought. Italy created a lot more chances in the first half, but Spain created the better chances in the second half. Spain were easily the better team in extra time and also had a ball hit the post iirc?

Like you I was really impressed with the penalties. I wondered what Buffon and Casillas said to each other after the penalties were done, when that picture on the previous page was taken. "fudging hell, I didn't get close to any of those" or something like that seemed appropriate :)

Although I'm hoping too that there will be a new winner of the World Cup next season (come on you Argies!) I think a Brazil-Spain final in this looks very interesting. Overall the two best teams of the tournament and a great preview between the hosts and the defending champions a year ahead of the WC.

Will also be interesting to see Paulinho up against a team where Brazil aren't dominating possession.

Who was it that said that the Confederations Cup was a waste of time?

Cracking game of football!

Must say this Confederation Cup has been much more entertaining than the many previous editions. Maybe all the big teams are taking it very seriously now. But it would have been much better if New Zealand had been playing instead of Tahiti. New Zealand would have given much better fight to Spain and Uruguay instead of Tahiti getting hammered by them.

One minus point about this Confederation Cup is the timing of all the matches. Almost all the matches came at 3am, Asian time. I know all the major tournaments are being scheduled to cater for the prime time TV telecast in major Europeans nations. But unfortunately, this makes it harder for the rest of the world to watch these matches. The Confederation Cup Final is coming at 6am in Asia which is a terrible time to watch a major Final. I guess it is going to be the same for the WC next year with the matches probably coming at 12am, 3am and 6am time.

Anyway, hoping Brazil can stop Spain in the Final. It will be boring to see Spain winning yet another major tournament. Looking at the Brazil team, they are lacking a top class player who can lift the team like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or Rivaldo. They rely too much on Neymar who is still young. Also their defence is so weak. It will be a good achievement for Brazil if they can beat Spain to win the tournament in front of their fans. Also, Brazil are unbeaten in something like 50 years at home. It will affect their morale if they are to lose that record before the WC.

Spain will beat Brazil tonight. But next year, Germany will knock out Spain and then Brazil will beat Germany in the final. You heard it here first.

I might have said this already, but I'm looking forward to seeing Paulinho up against top class opposition in a game where Brazil won't be dominating.

Ugh, I was all jazzed up for this game after that Brazil anthem and then that fudging twunt started speaking.

Come on Brazil! I called it towards the beginning of the tourney that I fancied brazil to beat Spain. Long way to go

Back