• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Confederations Cup 2013

Agreed, it really grates me that our national anthem is about GHod and the Queen. Isn't it about time it was changed?

I'm more irate about the GHod part. We have a Queen/King, that is a fact. The GHod part is very much an opinion.

agreed, we need a new one, no religion and no monarchy references

something upbeat about not getting carried away and the importance of orderly queueing, i'd sing along to that

I simply cannot remember a more passionate and emotional rendition of a national anthem by a team and their fans than the ones I witnessed in the semi final and final of the Confederations Cup especially when the music stops and the players and fans continue singing, amazing.

Personally I think England should be singing 'land of hope and glory'. In athletics as GB we sing 'GHod save our queen' but during the commonwealth games England sang 'land of hope and glory'. Should be the same in football. Its a lot more up-lifting as well although it does still contain the GHod and monarchy references.

Back