• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

So Dier is in talks about a new contract and allegedly we now want to keep Lenglet.

The funny thing is that when you come on here during a match or just after another woeful defensive display most on here agree that we need better defenders. But no, lets offer them new contracts or make them permanent, heck, what is the worst that can happen, right?

Personally I doubt that a Lenglet/Dier defence will inspire us to win silverware anytime soon.

Maybe the plan is just to turn him? Exercise our £12m clause and then flog him somewhere for £5m more?
Unlikely.

I’d like to see him given a go alongside Romero in a back 4. I think he is better than Dier, though probably too slow and lacks the physicality to be top class in the PL.

Unlikely.

I’d like to see him given a go alongside Romero in a back 4. I think he is better than Dier, though probably too slow and lacks the physicality to be top class in the PL.

I don't think he's anywhere near good enough. Pace and aerial ability are the two key things we need for Romero's partner, and he doesn't really have either. We need a new Vertoghen.

I don't think he's anywhere near good enough. Pace and aerial ability are the two key things we need for Romero's partner, and he doesn't really have either. We need a new Vertoghen.
Whoever plays regularly with Romero needs to be a fudging beast in the air because Romeros toilet at judging aerial challenges
Ndicka is a no brainer on that front for me, and free too.
I’d double the rumoured lenglet fee and buy Kilman from wolves too
That would give us two left footed, physical LCBs

I'm desperately clinging to the hope that we'll announce Ndicka on a free as soon as his season finishes.

I don't get Lenglet at all. He just reminds me of Richardo Rocha.

If this is the level of CB we are seriously considering then we have issues. Especially as there’s no manager at the club. Makes no sense to me.

We need far better. Some will say oh he’s a decent back up etc. Fella can’t defend Simple as. Worrying stuff coming from the club if it’s true they are going to offer Dier a new contract too. Bang Average

Whoever plays regularly with Romero needs to be a fudging beast in the air because Romeros toilet at judging aerial challenges
Ndicka is a no brainer on that front for me, and free too.
I’d double the rumoured lenglet fee and buy Kilman from wolves too
That would give us two left footed, physical LCBs
I’ve been talking about Ndicka for a while as you know…. I’m just not convinced we’ll push the boat out in terms of the required wages to get him.

If this is the level of CB we are seriously considering then we have issues. Especially as there’s no manager at the club. Makes no sense to me.

We need far better. Some will say oh he’s a decent back up etc. Fella can’t defend Simple as. Worrying stuff coming from the club if it’s true they are going to offer Dier a new contract too. Bang Average

I'd be happy keeping Dier as our 3rd CB - he's more than adequate for that and a good leadership influence. But we definitely need a new starter alongside Romero, and a new prospect as 4th choice (moving beyond Tanganga)

Back