• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

I think it was reported that Levy was the one carrying out the negotiations for Spence. Of course, that doesn't mean he went off on his own accord to get in a player no one wanted. More that Paratici was involved in the bigger, more important deals and Levy undertook negotiating for a young prospect player.
Levy knows Spence's agents the Smiths so if a relationship (working and/or social) is already there it makes sense that he deals with it.
You can always introduce a stranger (Paratici) into a deal, but what would be the point?.
Besides no-one has spoken out negatively about this deal unless you're (not you) taking Contes words as divisive, when all he's ever said is he understands the clubs strategy and this is clearly within that strategy he quotes.

Bad error last night (used his wrong knee) but he hasn't been bad in other games.
Obviously we are hoping his on the ball skills and passing would uplift our playing out from the back and I think it has helped.

Better than Davies? Who knows.

Bad error last night (used his wrong knee) but he hasn't been bad in other games.
Obviously we are hoping his on the ball skills and passing would uplift our playing out from the back and I think it has helped.

Better than Davies? Who knows.

Several errors. Difficult conditions, had to play with real risk, didn't do well at all though.

Think he's a decent player, good fit for the system, but like at Barca these mistakes are costly.

I still think Davies is at least as good.

Several errors. Difficult conditions, had to play with real risk, didn't do well at all though.

Think he's a decent player, good fit for the system, but like at Barca these mistakes are costly.

Agreed. Davies isn’t the quickest, biggest or best passer, but IMO he’s the least mistake-prone of ALL our back six, starters and backup alike.

Last edited:
club signing = Patrici now not Levy, why would anyone recruit someone in charge of bringing players in and then do it themselves.

The only quote on "club signing" is from Conte, and he never stated Levy completed this transfer so i am unsure where you have somehow equated that to mean Levy miraculously scouted and bought the player himself.

It was Levy that was involved in the negotiations for Spence, club signing or not.

Ok firstly are you really quoting newspaper articles at me as fact? It’s basically just full of conjecture and here say but ok, let’s assume for a moment they are correct, the athletic stated Levy “took over” negotiations from Patrici to allow him to focus on other targets meaning Patrici started the negotiations including identification of said player so the point still stands.

I like Davies but think Lenglet is better for us given his much greater ability on the ball. There's probably not much to chose between them defensively though

I wouldnt mind us signing Lenglet in the summer, assuming the fee is sensible. We need to spend big bucks on a central and probably another right sided CB to understudy Romero so is Lenglet is cheap-ish its probably a good bet

Ok firstly are you really quoting newspaper articles at me as fact? It’s basically just full of conjecture and here say but ok, let’s assume for a moment they are correct, the athletic stated Levy “took over” negotiations from Patrici to allow him to focus on other targets meaning Patrici started the negotiations including identification of said player so the point still stands.
Pa-rat-ici
Think of him as a daddy rat. He does look a bit like a rat nowadays.

I like Davies but think Lenglet is better for us given his much greater ability on the ball. There's probably not much to chose between them defensively though

I wouldnt mind us signing Lenglet in the summer, assuming the fee is sensible. We need to spend big bucks on a central and probably another right sided CB to understudy Romero so is Lenglet is cheap-ish its probably a good bet

I would be gutted if we we signed him, he is ordinary when it comes to defending.

I know some on here don't rate him, but I'm quite pleased to see this. Doesn't preclude us signing a bigger-bucks LCB but I think he's quite decent. He'll also look a lot better if the new manager wants to try to dominate games and keep the ball, rather than sitting back and playing on the counter

If he is an option rather than the starter I’m happy

If he is an option rather than the starter I’m happy
He seemed to be becoming a recent spacegoat on here, never understood it myself. Think he looks a decent enough defender and I like him coming forward with the ball and has put in some good crosses for Kane and others. With a more possession based coach could be more valuable. Pretty low fee, shouldn’t be anything to complain about really but I’m sure Twitter says different….

He seemed to be becoming a recent spacegoat on here, never understood it myself. Think he looks a decent enough defender and I like him coming forward with the ball and has put in some good crosses for Kane and others. With a more possession based coach could be more valuable. Pretty low fee, shouldn’t be anything to complain about really but I’m sure Twitter says different….
Would also hope that he improves in his second season, once he's comfortable with the country/team/league etc.

I would imagine we would only be signing him if the new manager has confirmed it. Or unless we think we can pull Barca’s pants down and sell him for abit of profit later on.

The weakest part of our squad is our defence, we have been crying out for quality central defenders for ages. Romero is head and shoulders our best central defender, last summer we were lusting over Bastoni but now you appear to be satisfied with Lenglet and deem him "decent".

We need an upgrade on the defenders we have because this season they have shown they are not good enough by the way we have shipped goals in buckloads.

I have no idea if this story is true or not but I am aghast that a Spurs fan would feel signing him on a permanent deal is a good thing. To challenge for trophies we need to increase the quality of our defence not maintain the stagus quo.

Back