• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

1660.jpg

Notice periods would be set accordingly, probably 9/12 months for top players, gardening leave would be a thing, it would settle the market and likely reduce talent hoarding
It will also mean clubs can give notice to a non performing player.

Would mean the end of transfer fees though, would this just widen the gap as it basically means whoever pays the most wages get the best players?

It will also mean clubs can give notice to a non performing player.

Would mean the end of transfer fees though, would this just widen the gap as it basically means whoever pays the most wages get the best players?

Yep, either resign, retire, redundancy.

For a part, but players will want to play, less likely to move to a club with limited time when they know they have to give the best of a seasons notice before they can get a game somewhere else.

It works in every other industry.

Ronaldo got what he wanted. Can't help but see this as a positive for United too.

Will be interesting to see if any big club somewhere will go near him. Several managers lost their job at Juventus after they brought him in. Can't really say signing him had a positive impact, perhaps just at the start.

Another manager and a planned DoF out the door at United after they signed him. Now all this.

He's just not a very good player anymore, limited to being a great finisher, not much else, but with the ego of a superstar. Not that I'm putting all those managers losing their jobs just on him, but signing him doesn't seem to have the positive impact his name and reputation may make people believe.

I think most well run big clubs will stay well clear. Wouldn't want us to go anywhere near him.

Ronaldo got what he wanted. Can't help but see this as a positive for United too.

Will be interesting to see if any big club somewhere will go near him. Several managers lost their job at Juventus after they brought him in. Can't really say signing him had a positive impact, perhaps just at the start.

Another manager and a planned DoF out the door at United after they signed him. Now all this.

He's just not a very good player anymore, limited to being a great finisher, not much else, but with the ego of a superstar. Not that I'm putting all those managers losing their jobs just on him, but signing him doesn't seem to have the positive impact his name and reputation may make people believe.

I think most well run big clubs will stay well clear. Wouldn't want us to go anywhere near him.
There’s no way any top club comes in for him. It’ll be Portuguese home coming, or a US type swan song I reckon?

Yep, either resign, retire, redundancy.

For a part, but players will want to play, less likely to move to a club with limited time when they know they have to give the best of a seasons notice before they can get a game somewhere else.

It works in every other industry.
I'd Iike to see reform since financial doping, but I'm trying to think what a comparative industry would be, as the employees are multi million pound assets?

In terms of the players I tend to see the contract as a 2 way thing - the club commit to pay the player to train for the term rather than select them, although it is usually selection that causes the rift between the two parties. Inl guess in reality the length of contract is also to protect their resale value rather than the expected length of the commitment.

Maybe release clauses so the player can buy themselves out but the club are protected by the player not fulfilling their end of the bargain?

It seems to be me Ronaldo drops out of Europe for the £££ or takes a pay cut at a lesser European club that gets CL so he can try and keep pushing his CL numbers and maybe pick up some lesser domestic trophies. I wonder if he'd have been happier being rotated at City and picking up a few gongs and goals in the easier games?

Whoever pays the most wages gets the best players now.
True, but whilst a player is under contract at least the club receive compensation / can refuse to sell. I think taking away the fee and allowing notice to be given would just make it even worse. And a player on notice at their own request will be likely to contribute through fear of injury too.

I'd Iike to see reform since financial doping, but I'm trying to think what a comparative industry would be, as the employees are multi million pound assets?

In terms of the players I tend to see the contract as a 2 way thing - the club commit to pay the player to train for the term rather than select them, although it is usually selection that causes the rift between the two parties. Inl guess in reality the length of contract is also to protect their resale value rather than the expected length of the commitment.

Maybe release clauses so the player can buy themselves out but the club are protected by the player not fulfilling their end of the bargain?

the only carry that value in the current system, if transfer fee's went away they'd become "x a week" players instead

I won't be surprised if this is a face saving spectacle engineered by cr7's pr team after he found the epl now different from the one he left.

If they get Cr7 off the books and get dejong immediately, I think man U will be good for top 4 this season.

So Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Chelsea and Liverpool will all miss out?

Considering how Utd look at the moment despite labouring with the unproductive Martial up front it makes you wonder how even more lethal they would be if Kane replaced him in the summer. I for one would not blame him if he had an eye on moving there. And if Conte left they would be zero chance of getting him to sign a new contract. We would then have to decide do we sell him in the summer or let him leave on a free next year.

Considering how Utd look at the moment despite labouring with the unproductive Martial up front it makes you wonder how even more lethal they would be if Kane replaced him in the summer. I for one would not blame him if he had an eye on moving there. And if Conte left they would be zero chance of getting him to sign a new contract. We would then have to decide do we sell him in the summer or let him leave on a free next year.
They do look good but steady on, Ole went on a run of something like 13 wins in a row and was the next Fergie. Lets wait till the end of the season and see how they are doing.
If Kane wants to leave and won't sign in the summer then we need to cash in. We'd get the best part of £100m from Utd.

They do look good but steady on, Ole went on a run of something like 13 wins in a row and was the next Fergie. Lets wait till the end of the season and see how they are doing.
If Kane wants to leave and won't sign in the summer then we need to cash in. We'd get the best part of £100m from Utd.
We would
We can sign Osihmen for that and fix another issue
Don’t think that’s a criticism of Kane because he is bloody brilliant but if he needs pots to be happy he can leave
We can use the money

Back