• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circumcision

Re: INfant circumcision. The best one

I had it done when I was 6. Cried at the time, only because I was wearing MC Hammer trousers for a day or so. Not had a problem with the chap since, looks rather handsome actually...

Typically my forum namesake has now changed to 'Alan Hutton' someone who knows about bad tackles... fix!!!

You have a right to believe what you want and to circumcise or not as you choose. I don't criticize your choice. I am an observant Jew, therefore I follow the traditions and teachings of my religion. End off.

There. Nicely fixed.[/QUOTE]

:ross:

So much potential in a thread, yet so little controversy. So, Christopher Hitchens:

[video=youtube;Xx_ov2NiNo4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx_ov2NiNo4[/video]

Circumcision part starts after a couple of minutes, but the first part provides some context. Well worth watching imo.

I'm sure there are muslims who say that 9 out of 10 men prefer mutilated women. So what? Does that make female genital mutilation right?

Obviously this is completely illogical. You have no idea what would have happened if you weren't circumcised...

You're right, you had no say in the matter. If you as an adult wanted that procedure you should obviously be free to chose it.

At what point does the "GHod told me to do it" excuse stop working? I'm assuming you agree that it stops at some point?

I'd say it stops well before an unnecessary surgical operation is performed on an infant.

The argument from antiquity is as much use in this discussion as it was when people were discussing abolition and equality between genders.

Sorry mate, ****e example - no man, Muslim or not would condone a clitoris being removed... Who wants to work harder (no pun intended). Unless it's an ex-husband...

I did this at a later age due to some medical reasons and it was not fun. My dingdong was swollen for a month, even had to a week off of work because I couldn't walk properly and the pain was beyond anything I'd experienced in that region of the body.
To say that you support this kind of thing done to humans without their consent is crazy and just plain wrong, baby or not, religion or not. Only vile, deluded people support this done upon a person they are supposed to love.

That being said, the result after the surgery was splendid, but if I could have been without it I would.

I'm confused... I assumed the original post was some sort of in-joke

But are people really talking about circumcising an infant? This is 2014, right?

But are people really talking about circumcising an infant? This is 2014, right?

Yep, where paedos have it easier in terms of communication...

EDIT - trying to add context to the whole time theory. Things change...

You have a right to believe what you want and to circumcise or not as you choose. I don't criticize your choice. I am an observant Jew, therefore I follow the traditions and teachings of my religion. End of.

Interesting that you bring up rights there. Do you believe your belief system gives you the right to cut bits off other people? Especially infants.

Did GHod really say to cut the end of your knobs off? Did he call it a knob, or a penis, Johnson, ****, dingdong, willy, pee-pee, doodle, shaft?

Did GHod really say to cut the end of your knobs off? Did he call it a knob, or a penis, Johnson, ****, dingdong, willy, pee-pee, doodle, shaft?

From the reading around i have done. it was not a GHod it was a profit (that's why the Muslims and Jews do it) and to start with it was only the very tip of the foreskin. This was to symbolize giving a part of your self to GHod, it was only when Jews started to pull there foreskin forward to hide the fact that they where Jews, that they started to remove the whole foreskin.

It has nothing to do with cleanness or any other nonsense that you get told.

You have a right to believe what you want and to circumcise or not as you choose. I don't criticize your choice. I am an observant Jew, therefore I follow the traditions and teachings of my religion. End of.

How do you feel about Metzitzah?

Are you saying that I shouldn't criticize your choice either? Or is it just that seeing as my choice is rational you have no basis to criticize me?

At least this post is honest, no attempts at rationalization. People do it because religion...

For you the fact that this is a religious tradition might be the end of the discussion, for many people it is. And you of course have every right to end your involvement in this conversation at this point. However many people now understand that just because a practice is a religious tradition doesn't make something right, it doesn't put something beyond criticism, and if your opinions are put out in the open marketplace of ideas people will voice their objections. The discussion will thus go on without you and personally I hope this barbaric religious tradition takes its place in history along with so many other religious traditions.

If you should chose to continue partaking in this conversation, might I ask what exactly it is you observe to as an observant Jew? How orthodox are you? Do you follow every instruction in the old testament for example? Or do you pick and chose to follow those instructions that match with the current culture around you?

Sorry mate, ****e example - no man, Muslim or not would condone a clitoris being removed... Who wants to work harder (no pun intended). Unless it's an ex-husband...

I wish you were right...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_circumcision

Unfortunately it's still very much a hot topic. And, just as unfortunately, the "it's my religious tradition" excuse still seems convincing to many people and much of the media.

Im not a jew but am circumcised. Im glad I have done it, speaking on a purely non homosexual basis, I think aesthetically its better than an uncircumcised one, I have also been told by number of girls and I think it is way more hygienic.

That said, I understand why some think it is mutation and no one should be forced to do this when younger. Barring religious reasons, its easier done when younger than when youre a 40 yr old and the pain could be excruciating.

Not getting in to the religious debate but if you find a decent doctor and pay decent money the child will barely show any signs of discomfort. Obviously that's not to say you know how a child of a few weeks is feeling. My sons had it done at 2 weeks old. And in my whole life I have never heard of a woman having it done in my culture. I think it might be more common in the less developed parts of Africa where levels of education are non existent.

The esthetics of it is a red herring by the way.

Imagine a world where this practice wasn't common and had no ties to religion and it became known that some celebrity had this done to their infant for esthetic reasons. Imagine the public uproar. The condemnations. The "this is what's wrong with modern society" reactions. Most of those reactions justified of course.

It's unnecessary plastic surgery, on an infant. If people find it esthetically pleasing or not is irrelevant.

The esthetics of it is a red herring by the way.

Imagine a world where this practice wasn't common and had no ties to religion and it became known that some celebrity had this done to their infant for esthetic reasons. Imagine the public uproar. The condemnations. The "this is what's wrong with modern society" reactions. Most of those reactions justified of course.

It's unnecessary plastic surgery, on an infant. If people find it esthetically pleasing or not is irrelevant.

Whateva ugly w1lly!! :lol:

Back