• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Stellini - Acting Head Coach for a small part of the season

Will he change formation?

I just hope we continue to see a bit more attacking football while he has part control of the team.

Anyone know what his management style is? What type of football he has played when he has coached away from Conte?

At least Stellini knows every inch of how Spurs currently set up and their automations. He has seen at close range, who is doing well and who has not.
So he and Mason are well placed to make a quick impact, rather than some new manager who has to learn who our players are in fine detail.

Get this pasta merchant out.

It's like sacking Chris Martin from Coldplay, putting the bass player on vocals and expecting them to be anything but still bland.

This guy only knows Conte's mind-numbing tactics.

I'm not very happy with this choice. I might be surprised but if he just plays conte tactics it's not going to go well.

I would have preferred Mason for the remainder of the season..

I didn’t see this as being the interim solution but the club must be convinced that any dressing-room issues, especially after Conte’s rant, are now dealt with or they would surely have just put Mason in charge.
It will be interesting to see whether previous non-starters get more of a look-in, and if we play with a bit more attacking intent. Hopefully the players have the fight in them that we now need for every single game until the end of the season. Prove Conte wrong.
Good luck to Stellini and Mason. COYS!!

Challenge with changing formation is lack of time to bed it in. More likely is trying change the way the formation is played and attacking vs defensive intent, and bringing in some players like Richie who are clearly hungry but not had the chances under Conte

Challenge with changing formation is lack of time to bed it in. More likely is trying change the way the formation is played and attacking vs defensive intent, and bringing in some players like Richie who are clearly hungry but not had the chances under Conte

They will all have played variations of 4 at the back/5 in midfield for almost all their careers, and for their national sides. We've been the big outlier. So I'm sure everyone can revert back to normal pretty quickly

I didn’t see this as being the interim solution but the club must be convinced that any dressing-room issues, especially after Conte’s rant, are now dealt with or they would surely have just put Mason in charge.
It will be interesting to see whether previous non-starters get more of a look-in, and if we play with a bit more attacking intent. Hopefully the players have the fight in them that we now need for every single game until the end of the season. Prove Conte wrong.
Good luck to Stellini and Mason. COYS!!
Amount of change depends whether Stellini has told Conte he's left him to become a number one (unlikely if he's got all Conte's backroom staff), or Conte has said he's taking a break and is happy for his backroom staff to stay in employment. If its the second, I don't think we'll see massive changes, as Stellini would basically be saying he thought Conte was wrong all along. I would expect similar set up, but subtle changes, like dropping Son when Stellini was in charge before.

Amount of change depends whether Stellini has told Conte he's left him to become a number one (unlikely if he's got all Conte's backroom staff), or Conte has said he's taking a break and is happy for his backroom staff to stay in employment. If its the second, I don't think we'll see massive changes, as Stellini would basically be saying he thought Conte was wrong all along. I would expect similar set up, but subtle changes, like dropping Son when Stellini was in charge before.
Conte is unlikely to take another job before the summer, and I assume Stellini and co's contracts were in line with Contes ie ran to the summer.
I'm doubt Conte is vain enough to really care too much about how Stellini wants to proceed with these 10 games. And the truth is, it's probably wise to not change too much anyway. More mentally boost the players and perhaps take the handbrake off a bit.

I don’t really expect massive changes, regardless of Stellini’s motivations. And I’m not sure it would be a good idea to try to do that anyway with just 10 critical games left. Leave that for the new appointee in the summer. I’ll be happy if the players look like they are enjoying how they are playing and with an approach that is less - seemingly - based on stubbornness. Perhaps we will be a bit less predictable which might work in our favour.

Back