• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

So pretty much as we all thought, he has created the most chances for us and is our second highest goalscorer.

I think currently he needs to be our go to guy, we need to give him the ball as much as possible, I will stress that there are periods in game where he drops out of sight sometimes, basically our coaching needs to be reminding him that he has the ability to grab a game by its neck and dictate it. Some players are very talented but allow periods in game, in their career to pass them by. The very very best players can dominate games, obviously our last player to do this was Bale and he was just incredible.

I have no worries that this guy does not have the tools but I feel we can with the right patience, encouragement & gentle nagging he will improve and be a superstar for us, interesting that most of my friends who support other teams still insist that he has been one of our better players this season.

I feel Eriksen is adept for most tactical systems though physically he is not right for certain positions in the team, wouldnt play him as gk:D or in any defensive position, and he does not have the pace to be effective on the flanks. he should be allowed to dictate play centrally as a cm or as an am with the license to roam.
For anyone missing VDV this player is very much in his mold but will need a little more time to develop to prove that point.

Hopefully see a fired up Eriksen from now on, a player that should be well down on the food chain of us eating and sh*t*ng out our players imo.

great comeback game for eriksen, i think it was the lack of options up front that was always the problem for him this season. hopefully we get to see sodaldo again in the next league match to confirm.

I'm quite happy for Poch to keep flipping Olsen the metaphorical bird if it motivates Eriksen in any way: he consistently made good decisions today, and I couldn't care less about any player's international career as long as he performs for us.

3 goals for Eriksen and 4 for Chadli. Yep, let's drop Eriksen. It's Lamela and Adebayor that need to pull their fingers out.

i actually thought lamela played very well today , as well as one could hope for someone trying to play himself into a successful career against the champions, and was very unfortunate to have been in and around the activity that led to two of the goals for city......i dont think city scoring either of those two goal was directly down to lamela...this is a team game.....for the first aguero scored in a crowded box when we should have dealt with that and the 2nd wasnt a penalty

i actually thought lamela played very well today , as well as one could hope for someone trying to play himself into a successful career against the champions, and was very unfortunate to have been in and around the activity that led to two of the goals for city......i dont think city scoring either of those two goal was directly down to lamela...this is a team game.....for the first aguero scored in a crowded box when we should have dealt with that and the 2nd wasnt a penalty

I thought Lamela was poor. Gave the ball away in dangerous positions in our half and didn't create much in theirs.

3 goals for Eriksen and 4 for Chadli. Yep, let's drop Eriksen. It's Lamela and Adebayor that need to pull their fingers out.

Need to look at the larger picture and include assists... And recognize that Eriksen wasn't having the best of games this season. His performance today is exactly what we need to expect from him on a going basis.

Lamela needs to find his feet and sharpen his decision making ; seen enough of Soldado to confirm that we need to drop Ade.

I thought Lamela was poor. Gave the ball away in dangerous positions in our half and didn't create much in theirs.

you see i can count how many times he gave that ball away with just a couple / few fingers in the kind of situations you mention

and i thought he created plenty that contributed to the free flowing transition from defence to attack that we saw.

Unlike many, i dont consider the final pass in the final third the only way to judge a key pass and being a creative player when our team has the ball.....sometimes a simple pass through a corridor..well weighted and accurate that frees someone else up to push the tempo or attacking progression is enough for me and lamela has enough of that today to make me feel ..."okay son, you did good considering how **** you seemed last year"

This! Went backwards today. People go on about Soldado, but Eric needs a goal too. Off the pace and was the odd man out in an otherwise functional forward set up.

why arent you laying it think on chadli though based on your criteria for how well the players did?

he gave it away occasionally? didnt really produce much onus to the attacking play.....had some poor delivery etc etc

maybe you arent being objective for this game alone? and you are also factoring in that he has had a storming start to the season

why arent you laying it think on chadli though based on your criteria for how well the players did?

he gave it away occasionally? didnt really produce much onus to the attacking play.....had some poor delivery etc etc

maybe you arent being objective for this game alone? and you are also factoring in that he has had a storming start to the season

Well because Chadli has 4 goals already and looks a goal threat, that's why he's been given more slack. Lamela is yet to score league goal.

you see i can count how many times he gave that ball away with just a couple / few fingers in the kind of situations you mention

and i thought he created plenty that contributed to the free flowing transition from defence to attack that we saw.

Unlike many, i dont consider the final pass in the final third the only way to judge a key pass and being a creative player when our team has the ball.....sometimes a simple pass through a corridor..well weighted and accurate that frees someone else up to push the tempo or attacking progression is enough for me and lamela has enough of that today to make me feel ..."okay son, you did good considering how **** you seemed last year"

He just flatters to deceive. He reminds me of a less talented Ronaldo when he started out, all the tricks up his sleeve but the end product is not there consistently enough. Typical Spurs player really; nice, neat passes and pretty on the ball but needs to toughen up.

Need to look at the larger picture and include assists... And recognize that Eriksen wasn't having the best of games this season. His performance today is exactly what we need to expect from him on a going basis.

Lamela needs to find his feet and sharpen his decision making ; seen enough of Soldado to confirm that we need to drop Ade.

you see i think that's crazy.

you have seen 'enough'? 1 game the guy steps up and has a decent / good game....just 1 and then its "i have seen enough to say we should drop ade"...how about ade against qpr...? or ade when he was scoring and assisting most our goals in the latter part of last season? did that like never ever happen?

so all ade has done vs solly's , what......2 goals from open play in 32 matches and lacklustre...low ebbed displays.....and then he pops up with a solitary good game and suddenly thats enough?

jeez...for you ade is finished no matter what he does

Well because Chadli has 4 goals already and looks a goal threat, that's why he's been given more slack. Lamela is yet to score league goal.

Then solly is **** then....hah....that debate is concluded :D

but on a serious not he didnt look a goal threat today...so why isolate lamela and say everyone else in the front 4 were part of a functional unit when in fact ...chadli didnt do much if anything?

He just flatters to deceive. He reminds me of a less talented Ronaldo when he started out, all the tricks up his sleeve but the end product is not there consistently enough. Typical Spurs player really; nice, neat passes and pretty on the ball but needs to toughen up.

what you call flattering to deceive i call a technical player that is necessary in EVERY SINGLE successful team.....

has somebody hacked your account? i used to think you were one of those guys that appreciated the little things can come together into great achievements.

and ronaldo was much more of a trickster than lamela is even trying to be these days\ . i underline that because in the beginning he tried to be flashy but the league put paid to that......these days he is just trying to be an efficient cog in the wheel. case in point...that chance from mason early on would never have happened if not for lamela's contribution...and thats one of the flashier ones he did

and as for him not scoring..its only a matter of time...the kids actually has been hitting the woodwork from half chances.....half chances.....not necessarily clear cut ones ...

i'm okay with what he is doing so far...keep doing the same thing and the goals / assists will come

speaking of which...who cares if he scores or not as long as he contributes to the teams success?

Because the immediate topic of discussion was Lamela. I didn't think Chadli was pulling up trees today either. But yes, he has been playing better than lamella four goals so far.

Last edited:
Because the immediate topic of discussion was Lamela. I didn't think Chadli was pulling up trees today either. But yes, he has been playing better than lamella four goals so far.

not talking about the immediate topic , which yes it was about lamela, but rather the comment you said that lamela was the ONLY guy not functioning properly today in that attacking quartet (obviously you can tell i dont agree with that either ;))

Back