• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Hopefully Eriksen will react to this in a positive way,and it benefits us, rather than have had his confidence destroyed.

I have seen enough to still have lots of faith that he will become excellent for us in the future, in the short term if he can improve his corners so they beat the first man that would be great.

Denmark boss criticises Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen after sloppy performance

Denmark boss Morton Olsen has criticised Christian Eriksen saying that the playmaker needs to iron out the errors in his game.

Olsen made the comments in the aftermath of his side’s 1-0 defeat to Portugal. The points were sealed by Cristiano Ronaldo in the 95th minute when he rose highest to bury the ball past Kasper Schmeichel, a win which lifts Portugal off the bottom of their Euro 2016 qualifying group.

Denmark remains in second, level with leaders Albania who have four points, however Olsen was clearly not impressed with what he saw from the Spurs playmaker.

Olsen told reporters:”With so many matches he must be able at a high level to pick up the ball and help to control the game

“He has not now, and therefore we blame him. And he must be able to handle the criticism, and he does, too.

“It’s a brutal world out there, otherwise you have to play at another level. It is not Ajax no more. It is no development. He is only 22 years old, I know.

“But he has been four years in the national team and had a fantastic season for Tottenham last year. So with the tools he has, he must stand the criticism. He has also been told by us.”

Eriksen has enjoyed a successful start to life in the Premier League following last year’s switch from Ajax and was named Tottenham’s player of the season for 2013/14.

However, things haven’t quite gone to plan under new boss Mauricio Pochettino and the 22-year-old has been struggling for form during the opening weeks of the season.

And Olsen blames his player’s poor form on sloppiness and reckons the 22-year-old must learn:”He must fix the mistakes he makes,” added the former Ajax manager.

“I remember his first two touches of the ball in the second half. It’s something you can criticise a player like Christian Eriksen for. It should not take place. He must not make the mistake, it is sloppiness.”

Both Spurs and Eriksen will be hoping for a speedy return to form as Pochettino’s men make the trip to face Emirates Marketing Project on Saturday.

I agree 100% with the manager. These are my chief issues with him. In fact, I find it laughable that so much attention on perceived 'lack of heart' is being aimed at Ade when for me, Eriksen has been the biggest culprit of all by some distance. Here's to him digging a little deeper and discovering another layer of mental strength and desire; he is, as many have said, a young man.

his role within the team has changed from last year. He was arguably very hit and miss under AVB when there was an alleged system in place. Under Sherwood where the team seemed to have a lot more freedom, he was our player of the year, he roamed and scored goals. but defensively was a liability.

This year, stats have shown he's worked much better and harder defensively. Could mean that his freedom/goals dry up but if it helps the team overall, I see no issue. I didn't watch him for Denmark but if the Danish posters on here say he was poor then I'm inclined to believe them. I don't think he's been poor for us this season though. Would I like for him to dictate play? yes. Would Poch? Probably not - I imagine he'd prefer one of Mason or Capoue to do that like Schneiderlin did for his Saints team.

I agree 100% with the manager. These are my chief issues with him. In fact, I find it laughable that so much attention on perceived 'lack of heart' is being aimed at Ade when for me, Eriksen has been the biggest culprit of all by some distance. Here's to him digging a little deeper and discovering another layer of mental strength and desire; he is, as many have said, a young man.

Eriksen was the one ray of light from the disaster of last season. though I admit Adebayor hit a purple patch for us.

Eriksen has scored more goals than Ade this season and does not play as our striker.

Adebayor is a more senior proffesional than Eriksen therfore he has less excuses than Ade for percieved 'lack of heart'

Steff you are one of and have always been one of my very favourite posters on gg since forever but I am going to disagree with you on this instance....I did not see the Portugal vs Denmark game so I cant really comment what he did/didnt do. I actually roared sherwood on last season when he went for our players after the Chelsea defeat but looking back I have to admit I was wrong, it was wrong to go after our players.

Eriksen is our future imo and a damn talented footbaler... yes he hasnt hit the ground like he did last season and he can go missing in games sometimes I wont deny that, in terms of our future, he and Lamela are massive....Ade just seems content to pick up his wages for minimal effort.

Adebayor is a FAR bigger culprit in that respect. Personally I think Eriksen gets too much criticism. Not saying he doesn't deserve it when he plays bad, but he's usually high on the list of those to blame for both Spurs and seemingly now Denmark whenever either team loses, even when he does create chances in a sloppy overall performance.

Eriksen's one of the players id say has been most underwhelming this season and were it not for the fact we know he had played well last season he'd be getting a lot more criticism atm imo

Eriksen's one of the players id say has been most underwhelming this season and were it not for the fact we know he had played well last season he'd be getting a lot more criticism atm imo

And yet he's still our second top scorer and has still created chances even during poor performances.

Just seems like the number 10 position is always an easy target if a team loses.

chances created is a stat a lot of people are using against your opinion of Adebayors performances this season, isn't it?

im not sure where all this stick he's supposedly getting is being posted tbh, i don't recall seeing any - much like Adebayor, we know what he's capable of so when he doesn't reach those heights people question why

Add to the fact it feels a little wrong to start having a pop at a player who recently contributed to three much needed points, though I accept Ade contributed as well and I have obviously had a pop at him.

still think eriksen has done more than Ade this season though.

Add to the fact it feels a little wrong to start having a pop at a player who recently contributed to three much needed points, though I accept Ade contributed as well and I have obviously had a pop at him.

still think eriksen has done more than Ade this season though.

Understatement.

argument for eriksen from a post sometime back in this thread:

But to bring it back to Eriksen, I'm still kind of in awe of the fact we signed him, should have sunk in by now but still has a very beautiful element of unbelievability to it as he's a player that has caught my eye for many years. He has that moment of silky grace in him but also has shown very natural goal scoring instincts - which was my only worry as one could say scoring goals in the Dutch league is easier but he's made the transition and long may he do his thing at our club.

chances created is a stat a lot of people are using against your opinion of Adebayors performances this season, isn't it?

im not sure where all this stick he's supposedly getting is being posted tbh, i don't recall seeing any - much like Adebayor, we know what he's capable of so when he doesn't reach those heights people question why

I think "assist of the assister" is the stat they are claiming it is. Eriksen actually created two great chances for Adebayor against WBA, more than the other two attacking midfielders.

Quite a few posters have said we should drop Eriksen, or drop him for the big games.

I despair sometimes. I think even Eriksen himself would admit he hasn't started this season in the best of form. He was probably our best player in the 2nd half of last season along with Adebayor. He's still contributed goals, assists and good moves and passing this season, even while being off form. Its the mark of a good player. Even when he's not on his A game, he still contributes.

Ultimately, Eriksen is 22 years old and is already a player who is one of the most technically gifted, confident and assured players we have. He will only get better IMO and so while he shouldn't avoid criticism where warranted, I think we have to acknowledge that he made a big step-up from Dutch football to English football and took to it very well at the age of 21. He's going through that difficult '2nd season" syndrome where he has become a marked man and also because he is adapting to a new role and new position under a new manager.

He's still done well and against Southampton the relationship he looks to have been building up with Lamela, Ade and Chadli in terms of the rotation of positions and movement and work-rate started to look very promising.

So let's just see how this takes us and let's stop bitching like a bunch of 5 year olds about our talented players.

argument for eriksen from a post sometime back in this thread:

I'm pretty sure this is me, and I'm still in the same mindset but the Danish Coach has a fair point, that he seems to be making basic mistakes quite often. There's no denying that even from his biggest fan.

He gets a lot of stick for a 22 year old who regularly sets up (**** game) and scores valuable goals (winning goal v southampton).

He can play better, but you have to give the young lad some slack. He needs enjoy his football and express himself. His confidence will return because he has the raw talent.

his role within the team has changed from last year. He was arguably very hit and miss under AVB when there was an alleged system in place. Under Sherwood where the team seemed to have a lot more freedom, he was our player of the year, he roamed and scored goals. but defensively was a liability.

This year, stats have shown he's worked much better and harder defensively. Could mean that his freedom/goals dry up but if it helps the team overall, I see no issue. I didn't watch him for Denmark but if the Danish posters on here say he was poor then I'm inclined to believe them. I don't think he's been poor for us this season though. Would I like for him to dictate play? yes. Would Poch? Probably not - I imagine he'd prefer one of Mason or Capoue to do that like Schneiderlin did for his Saints team.

Good post, Mumorn.

I personally think he is having a good season and is one of the last players I worry about. I think he's warming up as well. He's been better than Lamela in my opinion, it's just their contrasting previous seasons which muddy the water. Apart from Chadli he's been our best attacker for me.

Back