• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

can anyone say how erisken has played in the last two premier league games?

if he is starting in the middle my guess is he hasnt been playing as well as he could have?

i havent seen any tottenham games recently

His application can't be faulted, but the creative spark we saw at time last season has yet to emerge this. Though we're two games in, so there will be plenty of opportunities for him to show his quality. Hopefully him and lamela will have a great working relationship.

His application can't be faulted, but the creative spark we saw at time last season has yet to emerge this. Though we're two games in, so there will be plenty of opportunities for him to show his quality. Hopefully him and lamela will have a great working relationship.

Its all there imo. His passing. His exceptional touch to control fast difficult balls. He has an ability to receive the ball in tight spaces and move it forward accurately into feet, that no one else can match in our team. Not to mention his free kicks. Yesterday he was quietly brilliant. I just about rated him MOM, though it was a team display and Rose, Dier, and Capoue were excellent too. Lamela also started to shine.

Its all there imo. His passing. His exceptional touch to control fast difficult balls. He has an ability to receive the ball in tight spaces and move it forward accurately into feet, that no one else can match in our team. Not to mention his free kicks. Yesterday he was quietly brilliant. I just about rated him MOM, though it was a team display and Rose, Dier, and Capoue were excellent too. Lamela also started to shine.

I agree with most of your post but can't see how you could give him MOM to be honest...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I agree with most of your post but can't see how you could give him MOM to be honest...

Who would you have gone for?

I agree he wasn't stand out. Rose, Dier, Lamela were more noteworthy. But partly as we're not used to them playing at that level. I just thought he put in a great team performance. Constantly recycling the ball, receiving and playing people in. Kind of like Modric used to, playing the ball before the assist. There was not much in it, but if asked who would we have missed the most from yesterdays performance, I'd choose Eriksen. Was also the choice of some papers. It could have gone to a number of player though.

why are people so certain that off the left is his best position? personally id rather see how he fairs in the middle (which after all is his natural position) in what will hopefully be a much better team than last season. we're so quick to judge players on little evidence - let's have some patience for a change

Who would you have gone for?

I agree he wasn't stand out. Rose, Dier, Lamela were more noteworthy. But partly as we're not used to them playing at that level. I just thought he put in a great team performance. Constantly recycling the ball, receiving and playing people in. Kind of like Modric used to, playing the ball before the assist. There was not much in it, but if asked who would we have missed the most from yesterdays performance, I'd choose Eriksen. Was also the choice of some papers. It could have gone to a number of player though.

Don't get me wrong I thought he had a really good game but Chadli,Rose and Lamella ahead of him for me. But Stop! Hammer time so who am I to say, I'm happy we have plenty to pick from for MOM so clearly we are playing more as a team....

why are people so certain that off the left is his best position? personally id rather see how he fairs in the middle (which after all is his natural position) in what will hopefully be a much better team than last season. we're so quick to judge players on little evidence - let's have some patience for a change

I think he's our best option centrally, linking play. Lamela, Chadli, Lennon, all better playing wide than central.

I think he nominally started in the middle with Chadli left and Lamela right. However, I thought he, Chadli, Adebayor and Lamela all swapped places well throughout the match. There were several times when he was in the center forward position trying to run in behind the defense which wasn't something we saw last season at all.

I think he nominally started in the middle with Chadli left and Lamela right. However, I thought he, Chadli, Adebayor and Lamela all swapped places well throughout the match. There were several times when he was in the center forward position trying to run in behind the defense which wasn't something we saw last season at all.

I like this a lot.

I think he's our best option centrally, linking play. Lamela, Chadli, Lennon, all better playing wide than central.
I agree. He has a good eye for an instant release and very good awareness. He also has a very good shot on him. Putting him solely on the left is a waste of his talent.

But the same can be said for Lamela being stuck on the right or Chadli being stuck on the left.

In yesterday's game I think it was obvious that they were all rotating. Even Adebayor was involved in the rotation. At times Chadli or Eriksen were the point man. They moved around very nicely and also flight to get the back back high up the pitch.

The front four and the midfield two worked very week yesterday. Still worried by our defence against the high ball.

What has playing in the middle, his best position, got to do with him not playing well?

pretty sure i gave you a detailed explanation a while back. its around here somewhere

its his best position for you but not for me. hence why i assume that his final third influence on the game may not be as potent as when he was on the left

are they both going to have free roles do you reckon? do we have the fullbacks that can carry the necessary burden for TWO free rollers?

are they both going to have free roles do you reckon? do we have the fullbacks that can carry the necessary burden for TWO free rollers?

I didn't think either of them had been given a free role. Hopefully the QPR game is the blueprint for the future and that involved all of the front four rotating and switching around.

Speaking of full backs, Chadli seemed to have very promising chemistry with Rose on Sunday. Eriksen never really managed to hit it off with his full back last season.

but last season him on the left was loudly brilliant, with more or less the same squad.

would you be okay with him being one of those maestro midfielders that keeps things ticking over and tidy in support of the team rather than him getting into positions to deliver key stats? In essence someone else will have to become the ball player

Light Bulb:- i think i just answered my own question and now know why he may be stuck in the middle

"In essence someone else will have to become the ball player"

we dont have another player like him in our squad currently do we....i.e a modric type

Back