• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Sigh. Trying to convince myself that RM are cynically leading Eriksen up the garden path in order to flush out a Pogba deal.

Still hoping Eriksen ends up deciding he's better off staying put and signing a new contract.

Sigh. Trying to convince myself that RM are cynically leading Eriksen up the garden path in order to flush out a Pogba deal.

Still hoping Eriksen ends up deciding he's better off staying put and signing a new contract.

I think Eriksen indicated he wanted to leave early doors last season, particularly the moment when Poch took him out for dinner presumably to get him to sign off like Kane and son had done.

I believe Madrid will prioritise Pogba even if the early going has been frustrating because they believe Pogba is a better player, fans would be more appeased and the commercial returns are tenfold that of signing Eriksen.

I reckon this could drag on, I don’t think Madrid will properly move on this while Pogba is up for grabs, he might end up with a choice between us and Utd...if so I reckon he will still move.

At one stage I was thinking just like you, now I just want him gone
Why? Just because he's talked about leaving? Surely most players are thinking about leaving at some time or another? Doesn't necessarily mean they won't continue giving their all once they've come round to staying put.

I remain concerned that Eriksen will be a tough act to follow. His vision, work ethic, positional play and almost telepathic understanding of how to make the team tick make for a rare combination. Of course he also has his drawbacks, which player doesn't?

But whoever comes in for him could well take a season or two to adjust, and even then there's no guarantee they will be an upgrade.

So for me it remains a case of be careful what you wish for.

Why? Just because he's talked about leaving? Surely most players are thinking about leaving at some time or another? Doesn't necessarily mean they won't continue giving their all once they've come round to staying put.

I do not care what players think, but if a player does not want to be here and says it in the press or in an interview then he can go. We have lost better players and we are still here.

I do not bear Eriksen any ill will, but i have been supporting Spurs since primary school and that was before Eriksen was born, and I will be supporting them long after he has retired from football. He wants out, fine he can go.

Is this ‘Eriksen Sage’ with Madrid a part of our ‘special relationship’ (which reminds me of the special relationship between the US & the UK where America does what the fcuk it likes and the UK bends over - without custard lube - and smiles while getting shafted)?

His vision, work ethic, positional play and almost telepathic understanding of how to make the team tick make for a rare combination. Of course he also has his drawbacks, which player doesn't?

You are right of course.

But an alternative view is that we are too reliant on him and when he is not playing or out of form we struggle, well that is what I tell myself :D

Maybe if he goes Poch finds another way for us to move forward without him.

I do not care what players think, but if a player does not want to be here and says it in the press or in an interview then he can go. We have lost better players and we are still here.

I do not bear Eriksen any ill will, but i have been supporting Spurs since primary school and that was before Eriksen was born, and I will be supporting them long after he has retired from football. He wants out, fine he can go.
So I guess you also wanted Son gone a couple of seasons back when he made it known to Poch he wanted out.

"I came close to leaving," he told Standard Sport. "I went to the gaffer's office and told him I didn't feel comfortable and wanted to leave for Germany."

Fortunately Poch talked him round and look what happened. :D

So I guess you also wanted Son gone a couple of seasons back when he made it known to Poch he wanted out.

"I came close to leaving," he told Standard Sport. "I went to the gaffer's office and told him I didn't feel comfortable and wanted to leave for Germany."

Fortunately Poch talked him round and look what happened. :D

Son went to Poch who talked him around so i was none the wiser.

What I actually said in my earlier post was:

"I do not care what players think, but if a player does not want to be here and says it in the press or in an interview then he can go."

From what I remember Son did not give any interviews saying he wanted to leave he just approached Poch who talked him round. I do not worry about what I do not know about. Eriksen on the other hand has had over a year to sign a new contract and added to that has now said he wants out.

Last edited:
Back