• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Excellent today again once we got our passing tempo and movement going. Microcosm of Eriksen's season today. First half we gave him very little service and he struggled to make an impact. Second half we managed to find him in some time and space and he flourished. Same story all year.

He found more space second half, and even though tired (imo) he had the class. Sometimes when he has less time to think he turns it on more. Been our more important player with Kane for sometime now.

The improvement since the opening half of the season has been so marked, it's unbelievable.

I knew he had more in his locker, but he's exceeding all expectation at the moment.

Totally agree @Finney Is Back; I'd say on current for he's our most important player.

It was voted for by the players, most of whom don't give a fudge about the whole thing. Goal scorers get noticed, other than that you're reliant on media hype (ie. Kante).

Also, Eriksen took it to a different level after the votes had been cast. And Toby was out injured for a while too. Always better to have a good first half of the season if you wanna win these awards.

http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-67

Christian Eriksen

Eriksen may have provided the final, glorious touch to Tottenham’s winner on Wednesday evening, but don’t let that persuade you that the Dane was not also his team’s provider. No player on the pitch managed more than his four chances created. N’Golo Kante may have been the deserving Player of the Year, but Eriksen is the Premier League’s best on current form.

If the statistics above highlight Spurs’ ridiculous chance creation, Eriksen is the one most responsible for making the figures look silly. Over the last eight games he has created 30 chances, seven more than any other player in the Premier League and only 21 fewer than Hull City have created as a whole.

Even across the season, Eriksen’s chance creation has been exceptional; his total of 97 is 16 higher than Kevin de Bruyne in second place. A reminder than Eriksen signed a new four-year deal last September worth just £70,000 a week. That’s £5,000 a week more than Marko Arnautovic and James Morrison, and less than Fraser Forster and Andy Carroll. He’s at least three years younger than them all.

There was a bit on Sky last night before the game. Niall Quinn was speaking in the lead-in to a piece on the partnership between Kane and Dele. He was bigging them up (rightly) and added something that sounded like "oh and Eriksen helps out with 'provides' from time to time".

http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-67

Christian Eriksen

Eriksen may have provided the final, glorious touch to Tottenham’s winner on Wednesday evening, but don’t let that persuade you that the Dane was not also his team’s provider. No player on the pitch managed more than his four chances created. N’Golo Kante may have been the deserving Player of the Year, but Eriksen is the Premier League’s best on current form.

If the statistics above highlight Spurs’ ridiculous chance creation, Eriksen is the one most responsible for making the figures look silly. Over the last eight games he has created 30 chances, seven more than any other player in the Premier League and only 21 fewer than Hull City have created as a whole.

Even across the season, Eriksen’s chance creation has been exceptional; his total of 97 is 16 higher than Kevin de Bruyne in second place. A reminder than Eriksen signed a new four-year deal last September worth just £70,000 a week. That’s £5,000 a week more than Marko Arnautovic and James Morrison, and less than Fraser Forster and Andy Carroll. He’s at least three years younger than them all.
Had a look back through this thread and there some absolute gems in here (GB - is definitely the main source of my amusement... sorry mate!)....

Hopefully the extra 2 years will keep him in the £25m bracket when we sell him to Italy next summer.

During his first 18 months he was our de facto Bale replacement - a matchwinner who dug us out when we were playing poorly.

But since the team has become an effective unit, he's become the least impressive cog in it. His passing is accurate, but uninspiring, and he is always the first to disappear when the chips are down. If I had to rank our starting 11 in order of importance to the unit, he'd definitely be firm last now.

To be fair Alli has kicked him out of his favoured position and he's now stuck in a more peripheral role. But I hope this season to see much more of Son and GKN partnering Lamela in the WFs. And then trying for Isco or Coric again in January as a permanent upgrade.

Doesn't affect that Eriksen's still the player that can most easily be improved upon

I genuinely think Eriksen is the weakest player in our starting 11. He's pretty in minor games, but just isn't a big game player

As long as he's appropriately positioned below all the better players than him - Lloris, Alder, Verts, Walker, Rose, Dier, Alli, Lamela and Kane.

Mason has better vision, while Eriksen has better execution. But I don't think there's much between them.

Eriksen's extra 190 career games, due to coming through at a lower level, is what is helping him edge it I think.

GB. For a very active poster on this message board you have been ridiculously silent on this thread for a while now. Come on mate.... man up and admit that he has proved you completely wrong.

Had a look back through this thread and there some absolute gems in here (GB - is definitely the main source of my amusement... sorry mate!)....

GB. For a very active poster on this message board you have been ridiculously silent on this thread for a while now. Come on mate.... man up and admit that he has proved you completely wrong.

Two points:
Firstly, during the first third of this season I was critical of Christian, I thought he was poor in relation to what he is capable of. In the second half of this season I have been more appreciative as his game improved during the season and I have stated so on this thread, although his corners are still cack.

Secondly, I remember that @Gutter Boy was of the view that Poch was not a good enough manager for us, he also said Toby was not an improvement on what we had and did not want him, last summer he was adamant that Wanyama is a poor player who was not good enough for us and that he would never hold down a first team place at Spurs, while a couple of days ago he liked a post that said Zaha is "toilet".

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess

Two points:
Firstly, during the first third of this season I was critical of Christian, I thought he was poor in relation to what he is capable of. In the second half of this season I have been more appreciative as his game improved during the season and I have stated so on this thread, although his corners are still cack.

Secondly, I remember that @Gutter Boy was of the view that Poch was not a good enough manager for us, he also said Toby was not an improvement on what we had and did not want him, last summer he was adamant that Wanyama is a poor player who was not good enough for us and that he would never hold down a first team place at Spurs, while a couple of days ago he liked a post that said Zaha is "toilet".

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess
So every new signing we make simply check out GB's verdict and allow yourself a knowing smile! :D

Back