• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

For an initial six months, it's probably perfect for him. Playing in a good league, without as much pressure as if he'd joined a club in the top 6, and for a team that should be able to accommodate his playing style.
At the end of the season, he can assess whether he's able to take a step up.

I suspect he wants to play at the World Cup. Brentford provides him a way of seeing if he can still play at a high level, without the pressure of needing to produce immediately. Maybe he won't continue after this year, but he gets to go out on his own terms.

I'm pleased for him but also worried for him. I know he's got medical clearance but it's got to be a concern for him and his family. I wouldnt want to be a player who clattered into him and caused some problem.

I'm pleased for him but also worried for him. I know he's got medical clearance but it's got to be a concern for him and his family. I wouldnt want to be a player who clattered into him and caused some problem.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of inter club contact about that prior to games, just to make the situation clear that it's "business as usual".
Even a bit of hesitation in a tackle could end up hurting all involved.

I have the same concerns.
But if anything does happen - the EPL is one of the safest places to be. Probably safer than being at home or going shopping.

So neither he or Dele played today.

Stupid fudging clubs, massive narrative opportunity, turned it into a completely pointless game.

Ooh the tantalising ‘we’ll see’ parents drop when they don’t want to crush the initial dream!

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte says that midfielder Christian Eriksen returning to Spurs would be "a good opportunity for him, for me and for the club".

Conte signed Eriksen, 29, for Inter Milan in January 2020 and together they won last season's Serie A title.

Eriksen was released after suffering a cardiac arrest playing for Denmark in last summer's Euros but he has now joined Brentford on a six-month deal.

"It would be good for me to have him again, to work together," said Conte.

"I'm the first person to be happy to see him again on the pitch because we spent a really good time at Inter Milan together.

"We won the league, we spent two important seasons together. I wish him all the best for the future. And you don't know what will happen."

Eriksen made 305 appearances for Tottenham, scoring 69 goals, after joining them from Ajax in August 2013.

Conte met him by coincidence last weekend, at a hotel they were both staying, and the Spurs boss said there were no talks to bring Eriksen back to the north London club last month.

"I was lucky because I met him on Sunday and it was good to speak with him," Conte added. "It was great for me to see him with his family.

"Honestly, I was surprised about the situation because in my mind, I thought Christian needed more time before coming back to play in England.

"For sure, Eriksen is part of Tottenham's story. But now he's signed for Brentford, only six months, and [then] we'll see what happens."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60319987

Back