• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

That assist for Toney today was brilliant - like he used to do it for Spurs.

Considering how long he has been out, he is playing at an incredibly high level.

This picture from after the game got me quite emotional - two former Spurs players, who have both been through some extremely tough times.

I know we have lost a few players over the last few years from our team when we were really hitting the heights. Jan, Toby, Walker, Wynyama, Denbele but Eriksen is the man/player we really miss. Underated by some but he was our heartbeat which we have never replaced.

His game was never about athleticism, it was technique and vision. I even used to worry that his highest ground covered stats were an issue rather than an attribute as you want him receiving the ball between the midfield and defence lines rather than chasing the ball out wide.
I’d love him back, I did criticise him at the end of his tenure with us but it I think it relates to my point about the game being in his head. He wasn’t happy here at the end and his game suffered, I do think he’s more about the environment than the medals / club rep so I can see a scenario where he’d want to come back to the comfort of the club and work with Conte again, but equally staying with Brentford and having a lot less scrutiny and stress on his performances.

His game was never about athleticism, it was technique and vision. I even used to worry that his highest ground covered stats were an issue rather than an attribute as you want him receiving the ball between the midfield and defence lines rather than chasing the ball out wide.
I’d love him back, I did criticise him at the end of his tenure with us but it I think it relates to my point about the game being in his head. He wasn’t happy here at the end and his game suffered, I do think he’s more about the environment than the medals / club rep so I can see a scenario where he’d want to come back to the comfort of the club and work with Conte again, but equally staying with Brentford and having a lot less scrutiny and stress on his performances.

I don't want him back, no harm to him but i don't think its good to come back.
Also not sure our environment would be good for him now. As you say, the pressure is maybe not a good thing for him.
Despite what some claim his form did drop, but i don't blame him for that, that's down to the club. We knew his mind but tried to change it, even when it was obviously affecting him we wouldn't listen.
I'm thankful for what he gave us, i respect him for the way he never lied, played up to the fans or was a badge kisser. We always knew exactly where we stood with him.
Best of luck on pitch and in life, thanks for some great memories, but please don't come back.

I don't want him back, no harm to him but i don't think its good to come back.
Also not sure our environment would be good for him now. As you say, the pressure is maybe not a good thing for him.
Despite what some claim his form did drop, but i don't blame him for that, that's down to the club. We knew his mind but tried to change it, even when it was obviously affecting him we wouldn't listen.
I'm thankful for what he gave us, i respect him for the way he never lied, played up to the fans or was a badge kisser. We always knew exactly where we stood with him.
Best of luck on pitch and in life, thanks for some great memories, but please don't come back.
No one on here defended him more than me at the time, but that was all about the man, not his form, which I acknowledged was absolute dogbrick. To me it looked like he was going through some kind of deep depression which being the stoic he was, he did his best to conceal from everyone.

No one on here defended him more than me at the time, but that was all about the man, not his form, which I acknowledged was absolute dogbrick. To me it looked like he was going through some kind of deep depression which being the stoic he was, he did his best to conceal from everyone.

I remember when the runours started about a player having mental health issues and my mind jumped straight to Eriksen.
He does strike me as a very sincere principled person and I think our desire to keep him and obvious affection for him put him in a dilemma.
It struck me latter that if we had stood back and said if the offer you want comes in we won't stand in your way, but we'd like you to stay it may all have worked out different.

Back