• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

Dempsey did the same thing to get a move here, actually he went one further than Benteke has(so far) and told Fulham he'd never play for them again. Benteke can't afford to do that in a World Cup year.

To damage his WC hopes that would only apply if he wanted to leave in Jan.........surely he will happily see out 1 season:eek: (sods law he'll have banged in 25 goals by xmas.........a sort of good but bad sods law:lol:)

To damage his WC hopes that would only apply if he wanted to leave in Jan.........surely he will happily see out 1 season:eek: (sods law he'll have banged in 25 goals by xmas.........a sort of good but bad sods law:lol:)

People are saying that he can't afford to go on a strike at Villa to force a move to us.

People are saying that he can't afford to go on a strike at Villa to force a move to us.

Thing is, why not?

He refuses to play for Villa during their first three games of the season.

Is he going to be shoved in the reserves? No. All he'll have to do is apologise and they'll play him. They can't afford not to play him. Their only other current option (as far as i know) is Bent.

We really need to get the ball rolling here

If the deal Benteke fails, what alternatives are there actually left in the market?

Negredo is set for Emirates Marketing Project

Damiao could be set for Napoli

Higuain is out of our reach - probably Soldado too

Right now I cant see many strikers available that would actually strengthen Spurs tbh

Thing is, why not?

Is he going to be shoved in the reserves? No. All he'll have to do is apologise and they'll play him. They can't afford not to play him. Their only other current option (as far as i know) is Bent.

Yeah, quite likely that Villa will cave and bring him back into the squad once the window closes. But if that's what he wants then he's not really striking/refusing to play in the way that Tevez did or some other players have done. If everyone understands that as soon as the window closes and he doesn't get his move he'll come crawling back asking to play then it's not the same threat.

That means that if he does make that threat it will be seen as an empty bluff and carry little weight.

there is no need for Benteke to go on strike/not train....Villa have said they will listen to offers, and if someone meets their valuation he can go. All we have to do is meet the damn valuation.

come on Spurs get it done

Sorry...how (too) far ahead am i, thought people were talking of the berba and modders situations and benteke following a similar path (don't think he will do this at villa)..........imo this is gonna play out quite quickly (for levy anyway) so by next friday (26th) is my pick ..sweep stake anyone?

Last edited:
We really need to get the ball rolling here

If the deal Benteke fails, what alternatives are there actually left in the market?

Negredo is set for Emirates Marketing Project

Damiao could be set for Napoli

Higuain is out of our reach - probably Soldado too

Right now I cant see many strikers available that would actually strengthen Spurs tbh

Andy Booth?

Thing is, why not?

They signed Heilinus or whatever his name is.

For those that have seen quite a bit of Benteke, how would you rate his first touch with his back to goal? And with a defender up his arse

It's all gone a bit quiet... perhaps a little TOO QUIET!

There's still more than 6 weeks to go. Remember how long we were negotiating about Ade with City last summer - practically the whole window.

As we started about £12m apart in valuation (£18m cf £30m), there's a lot of bartering to be done.

Where have you got those figures from GB? Everything I've seen has said Villa want £25m and that we were supposedly going to offer £20m.

Where have you got those figures from GB? Everything I've seen has said Villa want £25m and that we were supposedly going to offer £20m.

All the press when Benteke first put in his transfer request said £28m was their price. Burt last night then said £25-30m.

Imperative this gets done. And the earlier, the better. Count me in the camp of "may not be perfect", but better & closer than any other viable alternative.
Oh, and keep Clint around for depth and versatility!

Imperative this gets done. And the earlier, the better. Count me in the camp of "may not be perfect", but better & closer than any other viable alternative.
Oh, and keep Clint around for depth and versatility!

Absolutely, on both counts.

Clint gets goals, could play left wing forward in a 3. The guy shows guts and determination, and turned it around last season. It was playing with 10 when he first came but ended up being a valuable team member.

Benteke, well, it's better than what we have but I think we'd need to keep Ade and JD too.

All the press when Benteke first put in his transfer request said £28m was their price. Burt last night then said £25-30m.

all the press?? did they really?? any proof?? from i saw the vast majority went with 25 mill pounds and its remained consistent until now.

Back