• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

There's still more than 6 weeks to go. Remember how long we were negotiating about Ade with City last summer - practically the whole window.

Its essential we get our targets in ASAP, the season starts 17th aug not 31st aug like Levy seems to think, the sloppy start has cost us last 2 seasons

There's still more than 6 weeks to go. Remember how long we were negotiating about Ade with City last summer - practically the whole window.

As we started about £12m apart in valuation (£18m cf £30m), there's a lot of bartering to be done.

And therein lies the rub.

Ade was unfit when he signed for us and with no pre season and that was the beginning of a very unproductive season for Ade, 5 league goals if I remember rightly

And therein lies the rub.

Ade was unfit when he signed for us and with no pre season and that was the beginning of a very unproductive season for Ade, 5 league goals if I remember rightly

Benteke will be fined if he doesn't show up for training and he doesn't have much to gain by doing so. His new club would want him fit. Ade had to train on his own IIRC.

Its essential we get our targets in ASAP, the season starts 17th aug not 31st aug like Levy seems to think, the sloppy start has cost us last 2 seasons

very true and i would honestly be rather disgusted if we're going into another season without concluding our transfer activity (or at least getting 75% of it done).

Us going into this season without having finished our transfer buisness wouldn't be as bad as the two last seasons though. The team we have now is much more "complete" than the gaping holes that was there before parker and ade joined. We'll have a good team, just not as good as it could have been.

very true and i would honestly be rather disgusted if we're going into another season without concluding our transfer activity (or at least getting 75% of it done).

I'd get ready to be disgusted KD. I still think we wont have a striker signed up before we play Crystal Palace. I'm praying the appointment of Baldini might help us change our ways, and we have all our main incomings sorted by season kick-off, but I am not holding my breath

I'd get ready to be disgusted KD. I still think we wont have a striker signed up before we play Crystal Palace. I'm praying the appointment of Baldini might help us change our ways, and we have all our main incomings sorted by season kick-off, but I am not holding my breath

Then we can't moan when we miss out by 1 point for the 3rd consecutive season after slow starts due to not getting transfer in.

I don't really think we missed out the 2011-12 season due to no striker in, that was just a choke.

Last year we definitely missed out because we didnt strengthen up front, so I make it 1 year that's happened to us. Will we strengthen up front this summer? Almost definitely. Lets just hope it improves what we got or at the very least contributes to a lot of our goals next season.

Then we can't moan when we miss out by 1 point for the 3rd consecutive season after slow starts due to not getting transfer in.

Totally agree, I know people will say a season isnt defined by what happens in the opening few games, but who knows what a 'bedded-in' Adebayor or Dempsey would have made to our performances v WBA and Norwich at home

Totally agree, I know people will say a season isnt defined by what happens in the opening few games, but who knows what a 'bedded-in' Adebayor or Dempsey would have made to our performances v WBA and Norwich at home

The performances v WBA and Norwich at the start of last season were really disjointed. We didn't have a gameplan or system that worked, square pegs in triangular holes, just blatantly obvious that we hadn't bedded in players or system during pre-season.

We do not want that again, we have to decide if it is 433 with Benteke up front and go for it... not fanny about with systems until game 1, change it at half time, change again for game 2 and then change it all on game 3...

I think that the difficulty signing Ade last summer was that Emirates Marketing Project were reluctant to do a deal whilst there was a chance that another club might come in, pay the full amount and not want them to subsidise his wages. I don't think that there was a deal there to be done until the close of the window.

You have to hope we have the deal for Benteke concluded before the start of the season; the way things are going for Arsenal and their targets they might put in a late bid that outdoes us...and Benteke is an Arsenal fan after all....

We still have the squad that finished last season plus Kaboul and Sandro back and both Benny and Ade will be fully fit for the opener.

We still have the squad that finished last season plus Kaboul and Sandro back and both Benny and Ade will be fully fit for the opener.

The worry I have about Ade is he is a confidence player. If he feels that Benteke arriving may be dependant on his leaving either before or afterwards will he give it his all? If Benteke doesn't arrive but that Ade knows we are open to offers for him, will he really be trying?

The worry I have about Ade is he is a confidence player. If he feels that Benteke arriving may be dependant on his leaving either before or afterwards will he give it his all? If Benteke doesn't arrive but that Ade knows we are open to offers for him, will he really be trying?

I'm not sure how Ade would cope with being second choice either. My guess is that we will sell him this summer

We should offer Ade plus cash for Benteke, gets rid of Ade and gives Villa a great replacement, even if its just for a season.

We should offer Ade plus cash for Benteke, gets rid of Ade and gives Villa a great replacement, even if its just for a season.

I can't see Learner paying +£100k wages, he's only just about managed to clear out O'Neill's expensive signings. I also think that Lambert wants to build a team based on youth. Either way, I can't see them being interested in Ade and I cannot see his ego settling for signing for Villa.

Back