• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

Probably best to judge him from the 80 odd Premier League games he's played, rather than a one off game for Belgium.

Not that I'm particularly fussed if we sign him -- for the money mentioned -- anyway.

I think we'd be able to get 15m for Townsend - not sure 20 + him represents a great deal thinking about it

Love to know who you'd buy then.

I have been warned by our mods not to be confrontational so will try to bite my tongue... but to label a player, who has scored the number and quality of goals he has, as "utter garbage" based on one international game is beyond pathetic....

What's beyond pathetic is you believing that I base my opinion on one international game.:rolleyes: ;)

Love to know who you'd buy then.

Austin would be first choice replacement for Kane, I don't think we lose too much if one or the other is injured.

I would bring in a difference (runner), striker too, in the mold of Martial or Berahino who can play across the front 3.

Not that fussed or opinionated on the midfield other than bringing in a squad player like Diame who I think is undervalued and would 100% sell Bentaleb to bring in Schneirdlin.

My first choice defender and #1 transfer target would have been Stone, and would have gone with him and Dier for next year (Sell Vertonghen), but we signed Wimmer.

I am not that fussed regarding Lloris, I'd sell for the reputed 30m that Levy wants. I think we can replace for 15m.

:p:D

The point was you was dismissing a poor international performance from Benteke in the last page but wasn't for Townsend...

I dismissed Benteke's performance because he had just gone soemthing like 15 matches in imperious form and was the sole reason Villa avoided the drop. Townsend was crud in the league and exactly the same today.

My only comment about Townsend was that anyone thinking of buying him - maybe bedazzled by his England exploits - would have thought twice about putting in a bid after that performance.

What's beyond pathetic is you believing that I base my opinion on one international game.:rolleyes: ;)

My bad in that case... though in my defence your post was pretty dogmatic.

If you think Benteke is "utter garbage" - as opposed to possibly being inconsistent - I guess there is not much to discuss on the subject

I dismissed Benteke's performance because he had just gone soemthing like 15 matches in imperious form and was the sole reason Villa avoided the drop. Townsend was crud in the league and exactly the same today.

My only comment about Townsend was that anyone thinking of buying him - maybe bedazzled by his England exploits - would have thought twice about putting in a bid after that performance.

I think thats a bit of a contradiction tbh

One bad international game won't put off potential suitors, for Townsend or Benteke

Hang on.. 15 games!

What about the other 30 from this season. If he doesn't start, he will return to type.. not dissimilar to a certain togo player on our books. Benteke needs to be starting. He will not get that with Kane here. It has disaster written all over it.

People say that Kane needs to be pushed.. bull$hit, Kane is if not, is certainly one of the most highly driven players the premier league has seen in years, he doesn't need pushing.

tim-sherwood-449897.jpg

Hang on.. 15 games!

What about the other 30 from this season. If he doesn't start, he will return to type.. not dissimilar to a certain togo player on our books. Benteke needs to be starting. He will not get that with Kane here. It has disaster written all over it.

People say that Kane needs to be pushed.. bull$hit, Kane is if not, is certainly one of the most highly driven players the premier league has seen in years, he doesn't need pushing.

He played in total 32 games in which he scored 15 goals, considering he was on the return from a serious knee injury he needed a few games to obtain match fitness. Benteke will not replace Kane he will play alongside him.

Eriksen Kane Lamela could work as a 3 behind Benteke - If Eriksen can keep his defensive contrinution up it'd probably help the team in a defensive sense as Chadli often shirks this side of his game.

Back