• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

There's gifs of Ronaldo falling over the ball after attempting stepovers as well as RVP swinging at thin air missing the ball entirely then ending up on his arse, should we not sign them given the opportunity?

I'm fairly on the fence with this one, we should not buy a player for 20m+ when he moved for 6m the last year, that kind of transfer makes it apparent that our scouting team weren't up to scratch, should be able to find our own benteke, or just any fudging striker for the love of GHod. Do think the Belgian would make a great addition to our squad but at 20m any player should. Either come to an agreement with Villa that works for both parties or move on to other targets.

if we signed an unknownish striker for 7-10 mill most fans would be up in arms......for example right now we can buy lets say Hosiner, or Finnbogason, maybe Gameiro, what do you think the reaction will be :lol

Galatasaray signed Yilmaz for 4 mill last summer and he is now worth 20 mill in this market.

im open to taking a chance on a cheap type signing. Who knows we might get lucky and it might just pay off;)

when you mentioned humbling i thought it was a piece detailing how cr@p he is :)

the fact that he might instigate another move in a year or twos time to a bigger club is only if he has been a roaring success at Spurs. So we will get our money back and simply go and find someone else

Berbatov stayed at Spurs for a two years (he wanted to leave after one) Modric was with us 4 years but after he had a couple of good seasons between 2009 and 2011 he wanted to leave on the back of them. Footballers nowadays are cnuts, and as fans we cant expect much loyalty

sorry the bit I found humbling was teams expressing an interest in players to gauge their reaction and then moving for them a year later.....benteke isn't impressive in that respect....behaviour maybe compared to Bale who isn't acting like a tit.

I'm not sure that is his reasons, if you have a quote I'd be happy to stand corrected.

I'd also like to know out of those 14 games, what his actual mins on the park were.

No quotes, however i do not think it is because of his bad jokes.

Tottenham Hotspur are set to table an opening bid of £20 million for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke next week.

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas is expected to make the first move in his bid to sign the Belgium international by submitting a formal offer, in a clear attempt to test the resolve of Aston Villa chairman Randy Lerner.

Though Villa are insistent that any bids under £25 million will be instantly rejected, Spurs are confident of completing a deal for Benteke and believe the price tag placed on the 22-year-old is unrealistic.

Villa have made it clear that only a straight cash offer will be considered and they are not interested in any Spurs players as part of the deal, but Villas-Boas has the backing of chairman Daniel Levy to kick off what is certain to be a bitter battle to prise the forward from Lerner.

Spurs are prepared to offer Benteke around £70,000 a week – a significant increase on his current salary at Villa Park – and can promise him first-team football, with Emmanuel Adebayor set to be sold before the start of the season.

But Lerner is believed to be in combative mood over the future of Benteke, who stunned Villa manager Paul Lambert on Monday by handing in a transfer request.

Benteke has been given extended leave by Lambert and is not scheduled to make his first appearance at pre-season training until Thursday.

Spurs are likely to have made their first bid by that time and are determined to press for a resolution before they fly out to Hong Kong for the Barclays Asia Cup later this month.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10177293/Tottenham-Hotspur-set-to-offer-Aston-Villa-20-million-for-striker-Christian-Benteke.html

Other papers are suggesting that the opening bid will be £20m

Am I the only one who thinks thats a litte bit too much for an opening bid for this guy?

£20m would be absolute max, I would pay for him

Other papers are suggesting that the opening bid will be £20m

Am I the only one who thinks thats a litte bit too much for an opening bid for this guy?

£20m would be absolute max, I would pay for him

you're not alone. I completely agree.

If Levy thinks we can afford it, I'm all for it. I think fans should worry less about how much we spend and more about giving the players a chance.

Maybe it's a high opening bid as Levy doesn't want to play the game this time and just wants to bid with something that has at least a chance of being accepted and wrapping up the deal quickly?

Maybe it's a high opening bid as Levy doesn't want to play the game this time and just wants to bid with something that has at least a chance of being accepted and wrapping up the deal quickly?

I think it is all part of the game....... we as spurs fans think wow were committed to getting a striker and are unlucky that such a decent bid has been rejected.

Villa fans get to respect the regime for saying no.

Whatever the jousting it would be best for all parties if this was resolved one way or another by the end of this month........you all know by now that I rate him but I would be genuinely shocked if Levy sanctions northward of 20m for him.

I guess we shall know pretty soon how serious our transfer committee is regarding Mr Christian Benteke.

If Levy thinks we can afford it, I'm all for it. I think fans should worry less about how much we spend and more about giving the players a chance.

Levy's absolute first priority is the financial well-being of this club, that's not going to change, and we should be thankful for it. But there's still room to be uneasy about spending 25 million on someone who is, if we're being honest with ourselves, both a one-season wonder (so far), and a player carried more by expectations of what he will become as opposed to what he already is.

Don't know how Villa can value Benteke at 25m after just 1 season. Benteke has never played for any big club so far. So, not sure if he can handle the pressure of expectations at a big club. Remember Bent scored 18 league goals for Charlton before joining us and 24 league goals for Sunderland after leaving Spurs. In between that, he was a flop at Spurs.

At the end of the day AVB clearly thinks this guy is who he needs to make his team work upfront - if we CAN do the deal financially let's do it rather than leave another manager ham-strung.

No excuses from AVB if Levy brings in Benteke and Paulinho for such a large out lay- the workman can't blame his tools any more if that happens - I'd expect top 4

At the end of the day AVB clearly thinks this guy is who he needs to make his team work upfront - if we CAN do the deal financially let's do it rather than leave another manager ham-strung.

No excuses from AVB if Levy brings in Benteke and Paulinho for such a large out lay- the workman can't blame his tools any more if that happens - I'd expect top 4

Just imagine, if we do spend 25m for Benteke, we would have spend a total of 42m on 2 players who were virtually unknown until a few months ago. It is a big gamble. Would prefer us to spend that on more established players.

Back