• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

Only time will tell, he definitely divides opinion but that's 100% genuinely my view. I'm my mind he didn't set the epl alight, just scored a lot of goals. So did Bent. Anyway appreciate that's not everyone's (including a lot of the media's) view. I just struggle to hide more concern on this one and thought the Belgian Journo's view on him was telling. I have followed this board for about 15 years and never been compelled to post before this. Sincerely hope I'm wrong should we sign him...

I think it is impressive if at 22 you are contributing to 49% of your club's league goals (scoring or assisting). I think the £25m price tag is not because he is necessarily worth that right now but rather the potential that he possesses.

If 25m is too much for Spurs fine, but they need to bring someone in and soon. And by the way buying Benteke in August when he has had no pre season would be a brain dead idea when you consider what happened with Ade last season

I think it is impressive if at 22 you are contributing to 49% of your club's league goals (scoring or assisting). I think the £25m price tag is not because he is necessarily worth that right now but rather the potential that he possesses.

If 25m is too much for Spurs fine, but they need to bring someone in and soon. And by the way buying Benteke in August when he has had no pre season would be a brain dead idea when you consider what happened with Ade last season

Levy doesnt give a fcuk about important details such as this

David Villa = £5m + (£100k x 52 wages) = £5m + £5.2m/yr

Say he stays for 2 years and is sold for £3m; that equates to £5m + £10.4m - £3m = £12.4m spent

Benteke = £25m + (£50k x 52 wages) = £25m + £2.6m/yr

Say he stays for 2 years and is sold for £20m; that equates to £25m + £5.2m - £20m = £10.2m spent

They don't want any of those players. The likes of Caulker, Townsend and Sigurdsson would interest Lambert I imagine but I doubt we'd want to lose any of them.

What if he scores 500 goals and Emirates Marketing Project offer us £12bn for him?

But what about if he stays for 1 year, flops, then sold for £5m?

Which is why the 'what if' game is silly.

Trying to work out how much he will be worth in two years is also a bit strange. As there are few factors you can accurately predict, and the factors you can predict are based on what you think of him as a player to begin with.

They don't want any of those players. The likes of Caulker, Townsend and Sigurdsson would interest Lambert I imagine but I doubt we'd want to lose any of them.

Releasing important squad players would not do us too many favours, we would just strengthen in one are and weaken in another

Aston Villa have stated categorically that they do want a combination of cash and players

This is the same Villa that refused to sell Gareth Barry to Liverpool because Liverpool did not offer enough cash, and the same Villa that benched Darren Bent for most of the season due to differences between manager and player. I do not see Villa backing down from their £25m price tag. As a club we need to do the deal or move on

David Villa = £5m + (£100k x 52 wages) = £5m + £5.2m/yr

Say he stays for 2 years and is sold for £3m; that equates to £5m + £10.4m - £3m = £12.4m spent

Benteke = £25m + (£50k x 52 wages) = £25m + £2.6m/yr

Say he stays for 2 years and is sold for £20m; that equates to £25m + £5.2m - £20m = £10.2m spent

David Villa was believed to be on £130K a week at Barca

I rate all of those players, but I would let them have Sigurdsson in heartbeat if it meant securing Benteke.

Because they nearly got relegated and would benefit from solid mid-table players like those four. All England internationals.

Lambert seems to favour youth and it looks like he wants to bring through a group of players together, I doubt that he would be interested in Hudd, Parker or Defoe.

Because they nearly got relegated and would benefit from solid mid-table players like those four. All England internationals.

TO the first bit they are nothing more than average players, besides being an England international means fudge all. Have you not seen how average England is?

Bottom line Villa have made it clear they do not want our cast offs

Back