• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

BonganiKhumalo.jpg

I don't think he will leave because he has just bid ?ú500m for Battersea Power Station to be their next stadium. He is only in his 40's, he's not an old man and he and his son looked to be enjoying it on TV last night. Wonder what his 6 kids think of him blowing their inheritance on a Football Club?

No-one has mentioned Schweinsteiger. I've never seen him playing so poor.
He used to be the man who played well when it was really needed.

fudge me. They might as well get on with it and create a European Super League.

Who decides how the CL money gets distributed amongst English teams? UEFA or the FA? I wish someone would have some balls and distribute the money equally between ALL the PL teams, and maybe even lower league teams. Or make a certain % go to local community projects in the teams' areas.

The two-tier system being created by the Champions League is getting out of hand; the financial difference between 4th and 5th will be much bigger than between PL and Championship. And at least in the latter you have promotion and relegation, so teams HAVE to change every year.

What is this sport going to look like in a decade's time?

I don't think he will leave because he has just bid ?ú500m for Battersea Power Station to be their next stadium. He is only in his 40's, he's not an old man and he and his son looked to be enjoying it on TV last night. Wonder what his 6 kids think of him blowing their inheritance on a Football Club?

Who gives a fudge what they think, they did nothing to earn that money. He's still one of the richest men in the world, they'll have to make do with the billion or so he leaves for each one.

I think this s going to do the opposite. He's finally won what he's always wanted and he'll want it again. He'll want to win more titles, more cls. His ultimate dream is a new stadium, larger global fanbase (this will go a long fudging way) and eventual self-sufficiency, so he can watch his beloved Chelsea get by themselves, with an occasional cash infusion if needed.

fudge me. They might as well get on with it and create a European Super League.

Who decides how the CL money gets distributed amongst English teams? UEFA or the FA? I wish someone would have some balls and distribute the money equally between ALL the PL teams, and maybe even lower league teams. Or make a certain % go to local community projects in the teams' areas.

The two-tier system being created by the Champions League is getting out of hand; the financial difference between 4th and 5th will be much bigger than between PL and Championship. And at least in the latter you have promotion and relegation, so teams HAVE to change every year.

What is this sport going to look like in a decade's time?

Exactly, soon 5th place not 4th will be equivalent financially to being relegated. The Champions League is creating mini Leagues inside existing Leagues where the teams in the CL are just so out in front in terms of money it's unreal.

Apparently his 'dream' is Barcelona in blue shirts, so he will want to win the CL but actually playing stylish football which is why they are desperately seeking and courting Guardiola.

These rich Russian types are desperate to be the best but at the same time respected and part of the elite. He will hate Chelsea's outsider status, they want to be one of the establishment. It's like the Stadium, they don't just want a new stadium but one that's iconic and admired around the world as such by not just football fans but architects and people like that.

Exactly, soon 5th place not 4th will be equivalent financially to being relegated. The Champions League is creating mini Leagues inside existing Leagues where the teams in the CL are just so out in front in terms of money it's unreal.

If this article is correct then it will be next season!

That's why it was so important to keep at least Chelsea and Arsenal on their toes with us taking a CL spot this season,
now we're seeing what seems to be a new Sky 4 emerging. Liverpool and ourselves are parked.
Both Arsenal and Chelsea are linked to heavy hitters in the transfer market,
we'll lose our stars and shop on a lower shelf again.

If it's English clubs that generate the bulk of the revenue why don't the PL use their clout to insist they increase the number of clubs from England? After all that's the second time an English club from outside the top four has won the bloody thing in the last decade or so.

Those revenues will plug the gap in Chelsea an Emirates Marketing Project's accounts and solves Arsenals post-Emirates transfer woes. Yesterday has turned out to be lasagne-gate on steroids. It took us half a decade after that terrible day to finally make the breakthough. Don't think it will ever happpen now... applications for new members to the CL club are officially closed.

Those revenues will plug the gap in Chelsea an Emirates Marketing Project's accounts and solves Arsenals post-Emirates transfer woes. Yesterday has turned out to be lasagne-gate on steroids. It took us half a decade after that terrible day to finally make the breakthough. Don't think it will ever happpen now... applications for new members to the CL club are officially closed.

The only thing that will prevent this from happening is a firm salary cap in every league.

To clarify:
Chelsea go into the CL as winners, which is a place in the group stages.
City, United, Arsenal have all qualified for group stages.
Tottenham had qualified for a CL qualifier but since UEFA only allow four clubs from a country, we lose out.

Our qualifier place goes in the mix, I think it was Anderlecht that were going to benefit.

I think you'll find Anderlecht would have automatically been in the group stages, but are now bumped down to the qualifiers.
i.e. Chelsea take Anderlechts group spot, Anderlecht get our qualifier spot, we get sweet F.A.

Even more of a disgrace, but we knew the rules.

Need to weed out the brick like partisan kebab fc, put all of these into a pre pre pre qualifier allocating less to these minows is the way forward, waste of a spot

The only thing that will prevent this from happening is a firm salary cap in every league.
Which would be brilliant. The problem is that there are so many leagues it's hard to implement without the money men getting worried about a fall in revenue. The NBA has a salary cap (restrictions on the signings of players) and a 'hard salary cap' that they absolutely must not pass. It's great for competition. 6 different winners of the Finals in the last 10 years.

I disagree; the thing that has to change is the extreme disparity in teams' revenues caused by the Champions League.

If you only cap the salaries, then the top teams will have brick loads of money floating around, which will just end up going on insanely high transfer fees instead. Teams with smaller revenues still won't be able to compete.

It works in American sports because there's no such thing as transfer fees.

Back