• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Not as I can remember, as the only "victims" of our abysmal second half performance were ourselves. Much like you don't necessarily have to investigate suicides. I'm not saying that Fulop did it on purpose, but there has been no mentions of anybody looking into it. Without any post-match critical analysis, would any match fixing Grobelaar-ish schemes ever be uncovered? (not that I know how he got busted, but there are several examples of gambling influences and such)

I may be overly critical, but looking at the replays the missES are so unreal.

Which makes it all the better to rig as there will be less focus on this game.

Gomes had quite a few games where he did similar. Made an early mistake and then proceeded to spend the rest of the match looking like he'd drop the ball into his own net every time it came near him. After his early mistake, Fulop clearly lost his head. If he hadn't made that early mistake, I reckon we'd all be sitting here talking about how Arsenal's participation in the Europa league will affect their ability to keep RVP.

I'm quitting spurs. I really really can't be bothered with heartache anymore it's not healthy on my lifestyle. I ruined a wedding for a few people yesterday as I got loads of people to watch the extra time and penalties in our barn. This was my best mates wedding had an argument withy mrs, smashed some glasses kicked some chairs missed out on a hog roast, am now broken down in Cornwall (2nd time in 3 days) and am waiting the RAC. Football did this to me

Which makes it all the better to rig as there will be less focus on this game.

Gomes had quite a few games where he did similar. Made an early mistake and then proceeded to spend the rest of the match looking like he'd drop the ball into his own net every time it came near him. After his early mistake, Fulop clearly lost his head. If he hadn't made that early mistake, I reckon we'd all be sitting here talking about how Arsenal's participation in the Europa league will affect their ability to keep RVP.

Mistake...what mistake? I never saw him make any 'mistakes'.

Unfortunately, Gomez really is that brick. He needs about five clear chances before he puts away his fifth tap in.

As for Robben, he's a bottler. He'd be fudging superb at Spurs, amazing when everything is going for him but a bit of pressure and he cracks. And does he ever do anything other than cut in and shoot?

The pressure clearly got to the Bayern players. And we all (rightly) feel sorry for ourselves right now but imagine what the Bayern fans and players will go through. Every home game they will remember this game and the manner in which they were defeated. They've been building up to this in the city ever since it was announced.
Regarding the Bayern fans and players - I remember going for a fag after the final penalty kick, going to the toilet after then buying a pint and sitting at my table while Chelsea were lifting the cup and there were still players lying down on the pitch sulking. That must have been incredibly hard to take, absolutely gutted for them.

Before the game everyone was talking about them being more likely to win on their home patch, but the added pressure is huge! That pressure told in the end I feel, they were very paniccky in the final third I think.

I'm quitting spurs. I really really can't be bothered with heartache anymore it's not healthy on my lifestyle. I ruined a wedding for a few people yesterday as I got loads of people to watch the extra time and penalties in our barn. This was my best mates wedding had an argument withy mrs, smashed some glasses kicked some chairs missed out on a hog roast, am now broken down in Cornwall (2nd time in 3 days) and am waiting the RAC. Football did this to me

...and your bricky car!

sounds like a fun night you had!

i'm amazed at the Harry Out posts.

he's taken us to 4th, 5th and 4th. when was the last time we had the stability of the same manager taking us into his 4th season - a manager that is clearly good enough to get us CL football?
Exactly. Did anyone expect us to finish 4th at the beginning of the season? Not very many. We've done so, and been shafted by Chelsea making an incredible run to the final and winning the thing. Some people need to put things in perspective.

...and your bricky car!

sounds like a fun night you had!

Great night and day mate. Did a speech and it was mustard got a great reaction mrs didn't record it though as the memory on camera went. Gutted. West ham fans there, awful awful ending to the wedding though.

Anyone want a Mazda eunos by the way? bricky little hairdressers car...

we'd all be sitting here talking about how Arsenal's participation in the Europa league will affect their ability to keep RVP.

I like that scenario much better.

Anyway, I'm still not saying he did it on purpose, but the stakes were so incredibly high albeit not for him. And with a WBA with no pressure it's a little strange no one seems to raise an eyebrow over it, that's all. It was after all a ?ú20M punch in the wrong direction.

Gomez & Robben surely didn't turn THAT brick overnight? But enough money can probably make you 'turn' into anything it wants you to...

Oh ffs did you not see Gomez last night after they lost? That guy looked like he would have given up every euro he had to win that game.

A real sliding doors moment

I cannot stop thinking that last night was a 'sliding doors' moment for us, and needless to say we have stepped (more like pushed) through into a room that is so dark it is difficult to see where we're heading.

The only thing i will say about last season is, from being so far in front in 3rd place and then still only rescuing 4th place in the last 4 games of the season, does in anyones eyes look a bit of a f*ck up. I will not go into player or manager assasination, or pick holes in individual games, i think thats been done a thousand times over, but the total of everything did add up at the seasons end to another good top 4 finish. But.

Of course this wasn't the seasons end for us, two other teams were gonna play out a CL qualifier on our behalf.

So many elements of Chelsea's win tinkles me off. Obviously just the racist/chavvy/plastic fans for starters, the ridiculous owner, and captain c*nt. The way they won it was a joke (i think Greece won Euro 2004 playing better football), i fully went along with the 'its written in the stars' line, just sat there knowing they were gonna pull it out regardless of how high the odds were against it happening.(of course this scenario kicked off long before the final, think napoli etc) It was like a ridiculous Hollywood feel good/against adversity script that only a B list film studio would believe in. I even called Robbens penalty miss and Olics' miss in the shoot out, too the Mrs who looked at me as if i was watching this on Sky+. When Mueller scored i was 'get in there', at last the break through, but it was always there, a strong feeling that it didn't matter, they were gonna pull through. This feeling wasn't there because of our involvement, but as luck would have it we were right in the way of it:cry:

This result really puts us in a difficult spot. Holding on for players for starters. The obvious two, bale & modders (i fully expect modders to go, in fact chelsea may as well of held a pitch signing last night) but maybe some others will start bleeting and really keep the club too busy on the trying to keep players side. On the other side of trying to attract players, how attractive do we look now? offering the Europa lge as bait is like fishing with just a hook (for the record i like the europa lge and would love us to take it seriously, the final was amazing this year) the majority of modern players (of a class standard) all want CL. I wonder if our target list has been blown to pieces.

Sadly the game is about money, and we must of lost a bucketload last night:cry: We are on the verge of a new stadium, every penny counts. We are a young Top4 side, next year in the CL would have cemented us in peoples (think top players, top managers) minds, the ball would have kept rolling and the upward curve continued. I have a real uncertainty of how things will play out. Even with HR, imo HR does think the most important thing is himself and does he wanna be in the CL? 'for sure', BUT does he wanna be in the EL 'not a chance'. Remember at our club all he gets to look after is the team, no behind the scenes stuff, wheeler dealing etc to keep him engaged, his and levy's relationship is strictly business. Hopefully he has got the focus and enthusiasm that we all want our manager to have. But i have my doubts, it may just fizzle out next year.

Of course our loss is enough teams gain. Chelsea have effectively jumped to 4th place and are safely, along with the other 'real top 4', neatly installed in the group stages of next years CL. Even arsenal have come up smelling of roses in 3rd, we should have easily submitted them to our fate last night, no CL and RVP jumping ship. Now we are just EL heavyweights, but i pray we are not a carcass of a talented team waiting to be picked over by the 'big boys'.

I am very nervous about what that one result last night has done for us.

Luckily the sun is shining next week and life will seem good.

Good call!

BTW, we Spurs fans do not "cheat", we just "type rationally". But I kindly disagree that we should ban usage of the word "if", as there would be precious little to discuss on this board. And while I agree that anyone makes their own luck there is no denying that, in the lack of better phrasing, Chelsea has been very good at it. And it's a bit harsh on Bayern to refer to them as brick, when they by all accounts should have won that game, if... :D

haha - ill give you that 'if'.

Look Bayern had all the chances, they had a penalty, they hit the post etc etc etc and im sorry but if you cant convert any of those and convert enough to win you are kinda brick. Chelscum just sat back and told them to break us down here ya go... here is a chance... score... but Bayern couldnt. In my eyes that kinda means theyre brick.

Cech didnt have many saves to make did he? Not that I remember anyways.

I guess all in all I do think Chelscum deserved it - unfortunately for us. Im hurt like mad but I also think we will come back stronger, more determined, and more experienced than this season.

Just to depress even more...........

An article on revenue from the Champions League next season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-stand-to-lose-out-on-80m-Europe-bonanza.html

For English clubs it has almost doubled due to UEFA new contracts with TV and Sponsors and the fact that English clubs make the most due to the TV market being worth more than the other Leagues. :cry:

If anything is ruining football it's the Champions League and the obsession around it. Due to the massive money involved it's creating wealth divides in Leagues that are going to be unbridgeable. They talk about Financial Fair Play but it's the Champions League that is giving so much money to clubs that give them an unfair advantage.

I take back everything I said Jordinho, brick threads a plenty and you are nowhere to be seen, we need a batman style light to shine...

We'll bounce back. We'll be challenging for top spot next season for sure. The lads just have to keep it going like they did last season.

Really?
When we got CL last time, Who did we sign?

Im actually kind of glad that we didn't get CL so Levy and Joe Lewis don't get a bonus for being tight fudgers.

Back