• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Re: The Official Oh F*** Chelsea Destroyed Footie Thread feat. FSW

A bloke from a CFC fanzine was interviewed on breakfast news this morning (he was on telephone, not camera) and he was the typical Chelsea tosser. Everything is rafa's fault, the fans aren't doing anything wrong and he backs Roman 100%. He only backs the owner because its his money that has bought success and he wouldn't have it that the fans creating a poisonous atmosphere was affecting the team.

So if they back Roman, and Roman backs Rafa, surely then they'd back Rafa too???

Rumours on teletext now that Roman has had enough and is about to jack it.

I'm sure it's not true, but I dream of that day. I'd love him to call in what they owe him as well.

I saw that, figured it was just a spurs fan trolling

Well, it was tweeted by Crackers.

Crackers has a part time job with Talksport now, and isn't prone to posting made-up brick because he will be called up about it later.

"Interim fans".

That's a great line. Would make a snappy little chant, too.

can't take the credit, I saw it on twitter earlier

quite appropriate though

So if they back Roman, and Roman backs Rafa, surely then they'd back Rafa too???

You would have thought so. I don't know if all the bluescum fans feel the same but that bloke said he backed RA 100%. Surely there has to come a time regardless of the money being pumped in where you get cheesed off with the odd decisions and the ridicule aimed at the club and start asking serious questions of the owner. I'm no fan of the spanish waiter but he has a very good point and hasn't been given a chance.

I'm sure it's not true, but I dream of that day. I'd love him to call in what they owe him as well.

They don't owe him anything. He converted the £700m loan to equity. There might be a bit of debt from last summer's spending, but when if sells the club will be solvent. They would have the wage bill to deal with but they would be in much better shape than when Bates sold them.

I can't see him selling now. After the CL win they spent a lot so he still have the enthusiasm. And for a Russian oligarch a high profile position in a foreign country is useful in case you fall foul of the Kremlin.

They don't owe him anything. He converted the £700m loan to equity. There might be a bit of debt from last summer's spending, but when if sells the club will be solvent. They would have the wage bill to deal with but they would be in much better shape than when Bates sold them.

I can't see him selling now. After the CL win they spent a lot so he still have the enthusiasm. And for a Russian oligarch a high profile position in a foreign country is useful in case you fall foul of the Kremlin.

I must admit that I struggle to understand finance, especially high finance. How can he turn Chelsea's debt into equity when they owed him the loan money, but he was effectively lending the money to himself to give to Chelsea, then converts it to equity to buy shares and buy the Club. Baffled. £760m just goes poof into the air. Can't be straight, can it?

How can ffp ever be implemented? I know it's probably to tackle this type of thing, but I'm sure the world of big business will easily circumvent it.

Not sure exactly how it works. I think the club just issues new shares and he buys them for the same amount as the debt. He has purchased the shares so has an asset in exchange for the money. In simplistic terms, the value of the club is total share value minus debt (or is it plus the debt?) and that doesn't change, but the number and individual value of the shares changes.

I can't see FFP working. Just look at the value of the new sponsorship deals City are getting. UEFA can't turn round and say the Champions of England can't have similar deals to United.

Last edited:

Cheers jts1882. I need to go to a crayon class in economics to understand this.

Article from 2010:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ent/debt-swap-is-window-dressing-1859997.html

Recent moves by Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project's owners to wipe out debt by converting loans into equity work "by moving money from their left pocket to the right", say financiers.

It emerged this week that Emirates Marketing Project's Sheikh Mansour had converted £304.9m of the club's loans into equity, a week after Roman Abramovich had done the same with £340m of interest-free loans to his club, Chelsea.

The accounting operation, which one banker called "balance sheet window dressing," was in reaction to Uefa president Michel Platini's calls for financial fair play in football. He has threatened those that load themselves with unsustainable levels of debt with exclusion from European competitions.

Stephen Schechter, who founded investment bank Schecter & Co, and has worked with football clubs including Emirates Marketing Project and Leeds, said the loans had been left over from the time the clubs were bought. "They were convenient at the time but it doesn't serve any purpose now," he said. "They can't get any tax deduction on the interest because the clubs weren't paying it."

Essentially the owners, who hold all of the club's equity, have also lent it money. A debt for equity swap will beef up the balance sheet, what Mr Schechter called: "putting money from your left pocket to your right pocket". It doesn't change the clubs' potential valuation nor does it change the way they are run. He added: "The bonds didn't pay interest and had no maturity. Why go through the illusion?"

He added that it wasn't like the loans at clubs like Liverpool, whose debt is held by banks and features repayment schedules and interest.

Also, I see Al Fayed has just done the same with Foolham. And GHod knows what the Glazers are up to!

FPP, my arse.

You cannot apply laws retroactively.

FFP will mean an owner cannot just openly hand a club money in future. Whether or not Abramovic can give one of his Russian friends a billion pounds to pay for sponsorship is where the waters are muddied. But even if a club takes out a loan from their owner and instantly gets that debt converted into equity, it won't help them for FFP.

FFP is simple. Subtract the money a club spends in a year* from the money they earn in a year* and if they go too far* into debt, they have fudged up.

* Only certain costs count for FFP.

* Only certain income sources count for FFP.

* If a club has a rich owner, they're allowed to go post a bigger negative than a club that does not have a rich owner that'll absorb the losses.

Yes, it's bent. Yes, I'm oversimplifying it, but there are very limited options to stop "financial doping".

The other thing that makes me negative on FFP is that it does nothing to stop people like the Glazers and Hicks-Gillett taking over clubs and loading them with debt, as long as they can pay the interest). United are strong enough financially to survive, but it nearly brought down Liverpool. If a club of the stature of Liverpool needs luck and a friendly judge to survive such takeovers, what hope is there for others?

Benitez knew exactly what he was walking into when he signed for Chelsea. He knew he was signing on as an interim manager, he knew he was taking over from DiMatteo who was a previous player and won them the CL and thus was obviously popular while he wasn't. If it wasn't for the fact that his career was already tanking (slight hyperbole I know) at the time he never would have signed for them under those terms. It was a bit of a long shot for him because he knew no top club in a top league would sign him permanently now. So he's frustrated that it didn't work out.

He not done at the end of the season because he signed on as an interim manager, he's done because he hasn't been able to deliver results.

At the beginning he was saying how the fans had every right to voice their opinion and that it didn't affect him, maybe if he straight away had said that they shouldn't do stuff like that because it was hurting the team I would have respected him. But to start crying about it now, when things aren't going his way makes him look whingy to me.

So The Standard reporting tonight that Rafa will go after the game on saturday and that

Avram-Grant-001.jpg

is on standby to take over till the end of the season

Abramovich should just be done with it and put Grant in charge as his full time puppet

Back