• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

I'm fine with not rating Poch. Personally I love him but people are entitled to an opinion. However, I think rating him a "failure" at PSG is very harsh.
Unless your a PSG fan
It’s their team and their bench mark
Clearly the lads I know may not speak for all PSG fans

Unless your a PSG fan
It’s their team and their bench mark
Clearly the lads I know may not speak for all PSG fans
I'd still find it harsh objectively speaking. He won the league there. Not a massive achievement given their resources but the benchmark can't be "Champions League or you're a failure" because that makes every manager they've had a failure.

It's fine to not rate him or think he was a particularly great manager IMO but "failure" is objectively extremely harsh.

Martin Samuel is a fun read on the sacking.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups, said the comedian George Carlin. And there is no more stupid, larger group than those in charge at Chelsea.

They’ve got so many owners, co-owners, directors of football, co-directors of football, wise men, unwise men that, together, they’ve contrived to ruin a football club who were the champions of Europe the year before they arrived. That takes some doing.

Cole Palmer aside, there was one person who was making their mess of a football club start to work this season and his name is Mauricio Pochettino. So, of course, they’ve now sacked him. Just as they sacked another gifted coach in Thomas Tuchel. Just as they then appointed, and sacked, Graham Potter. This may be the poorest administration in modern football history, given the advantages they inherited.

Pochettino was visibly getting somewhere. It was why, when rumours persisted about his removal at the end of the season despite an obvious upturn in fortune, it seemed almost fanciful. They couldn’t do that, surely? Nobody could be that stupid. Even when Pochettino said he had dinner with Todd Boehly yet emerged none the wiser about next season it seemed nothing more than a quirk. The very rich are different from you and me, we reasoned. An ordinary Joe would just recognise the job done, and tell Pochettino to keep working. He’d make him feel appreciated. He’d say well done. But Clearlake Capital will have a process. We’ll just have to let them get through it and at the end, common sense will prevail.

But this is Boehly’s Chelsea. So common sense did not prevail. Stupidity won, and by a landslide. Pochettino is gone. As for those involved, one is reminded of an exchange from the third series of Blackadder. “Baldrick,” says Edmund, “your brain is like the four-headed, man-eating, haddock-fish-beast of Aberdeen.” “In what way?” asks Baldrick.

“It doesn’t exist,” Edmund replies.

Poch will be going to Man Utd I reckon. SAF has been all over him for years now.
He'd be ideal for them IMO. He plays good football, he'll give youth a chance, he'll get backing from the club and their fans are far more patient than most (they f**king applauded a 4-0 defeat to Palace FFS).

If Poch still has it, Man Utd is the ideal place for him to demonstrate it. Hopefully they stick with ETH.

I'd still find it harsh objectively speaking. He won the league there. Not a massive achievement given their resources but the benchmark can't be "Champions League or you're a failure" because that makes every manager they've had a failure.

It's fine to not rate him or think he was a particularly great manager IMO but "failure" is objectively extremely harsh.
It’s not because he won the league
It’s because he lost the league in his first half season
It’s the blip on their record
Same as what has happened at Bayern

He'd be ideal for them IMO. He plays good football, he'll give youth a chance, he'll get backing from the club and their fans are far more patient than most (they f**king applauded a 4-0 defeat to Palace FFS).

If Poch still has it, Man Utd is the ideal place for him to demonstrate it. Hopefully they stick with ETH.
I think their owner wants a yes man
And their structure will be similar to Chelsea’s going forward. I’m not sure if that will or won’t work for Poch TBH

I can't see the owners giving him the transfer control he wants.

Shouldn't be surprised given their owners but I still am, he was doing a great job in the 2nd half of the season. They were 4th in the form table I believe, I think they'll regret it. Anyone with so many new players needs time.

I hope he doesn't go to UTD, they'll probably end up turning things around if he does.

Shouldn't be surprised given their owners but I still am, he was doing a great job in the 2nd half of the season. They were 4th in the form table I believe, I think they'll regret it. Anyone with so many new players needs time.

I hope he doesn't go to UTD, they'll probably end up turning things around if he does.
United are a club that give managers time.

Start of April they drew with Sheffield Utd and were 15 points behind us. Any decision would have been made then or even earlier.

Poch will be going to Man Utd I reckon. SAF has been all over him for years now.

They could have had him before, they have apparently talked to him at least 3 times

He should be going for Bayern vs. the United circus

One of the form teams of 2024, finished well, looked like with a few well picked in/outs they could be in a good place last season, now back to the drawing board?

I read that Chelsea have just appointed a set piece coach, and apparently Poch didn't want coaches who he had not personally appointed.
I'm not sure that any self-respecting manager would hang around if he had to work with people he hadn't chosen.

I read that Chelsea have just appointed a set piece coach, and apparently Poch didn't want coaches who he had not personally appointed.
I'm not sure that any self-respecting manager would hang around if he had to work with people he hadn't chosen.
There was some rumour that he just had an end of season review with the owners and directors and they came prepared with a load of stats showing where they were brick and could have improved such as goals conceded from set pieces etc. Apparently Poch wasn't impressed lol

Supposedly McKenna now (they are talking to Ipswich)

fudging bizarre ...
If he knows what's good for him, he'll give Chelsea a wide berth. Really impressive young manager who I thought did well as an academy coach. Was hoping he would one day take over as Head coach at Spurs.

Back