• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

I'm really puzzled. If anyone was going to get a tune out of a squad full of young, talented players, I'd have thought Poch was perfect. Yet they still look like just a random bunch of guys playing together for the first time. I just don't get it.

When Poch was here, we could see a plan and a way of playing very early. Can't see that with this Chelsea team. Very odd.
Poch lost it 6 years ago. It's been so long now there's little to suggest he can do it again.

Lose it? Think there is.
`
So not being OTT, when I watch Chelsea now

- There is a lot of same old Poch problems, good possession and tactic until final third then the ideas run out (the old get to Eriksen and hope for something to happen tactic), weird subs, defensively can be undone by a strait long ball over top.
- There isn't a lot of the good Poch stuff, team vibe, player buy-in, relentless pressing, FB's getting behind.

I was never a buyer for the he's a great manager narrative, but Poch at PSG and Poch at Chelsea is not the guy/team we got at Spurs, it just doesn't click the same way ...

Edit .. in a way similar to the Jose we got, was he brick? regardless of if you agreed, he wasn't the Jose of 5-7 years prior.

I think with any coaching/teaching/management role, it's often difficult to say why it just seems to click in one situation and not another, but you can't just sort of unplug it and plug it in somewhere else in different circumstances; it's more a sort of alchemy. I experienced it from both sides first-hand in my science-teaching days in Tottenham. There's a lot of moving parts.

I think with any coaching/teaching/management role, it's often difficult to say why it just seems to click in one situation and not another, but you can't just sort of unplug it and plug it in somewhere else in different circumstances; it's more a sort of alchemy. I experienced it from both sides first-hand in my science-teaching days in Tottenham. There's a lot of moving parts.

If there was a formula that worked everyone would use it.

Why did it take Ferguson 5 years for it to work at utd? Wenger no time? Clough damned at utd but double cl winner with forest?

Not just what you do with your team. But others with theirs. Chuck in media and a 100 million fans.

All culminates in anyone but southgate.

🤔🤔🤔
1705718873073.png

Maybe Poch got lucky with Levy, rather than the other way around.
Synergy, much like my observation in the Levy thread, was Poch the best manager in the PL, probably not, is he the best manager we ever had, no, was he the best manager for us in that particular moment, yes I think he was.
Change any of the variables of chairman and certain players in the squad and I doubt we would have "achieved" what we did.
But then you can say that about any club, would pep achieve what he has at city with their owners? I very much doubt it.

Synergy, much like my observation in the Levy thread, was Poch the best manager in the PL, probably not, is he the best manager we ever had, no, was he the best manager for us in that particular moment, yes I think he was.
Change any of the variables of chairman and certain players in the squad and I doubt we would have "achieved" what we did.
But then you can say that about any club, would pep achieve what he has at city with their owners? I very much doubt it.

Poch shifted a lot of players that needed shifting. Brought through youngsters added with good buys.

Dunno if he's had that support at chelsea or psg.

He's a good coach. Did amazing for us. But he did have an amazing team. As did redknapp. Msybe just not the squad.

Think both redknapp and poch's first 11 are better than what we have now. We might have a better squad now. But i'm a bit drunk and trying to picture in my head rather than look player v player. So expect counter arguments.

How much was it he happened to oversee a very good side? What if he underachieved with a squad that should have done better? That was always labelled at Redknapp, so why not Pochetino?

I think it was a combination with credit going a lot of ways.

It’s a trope of the ENIC out lot that Poch was making a silk purse from a sows ear, which was quite frankly nonsense, the squad was exceptional.

We had more depth under Poch, but Redknapp had Bale and Modric, I think that best 11 would have beaten Poch’s.

I think it was a combination with credit going a lot of ways.

It’s a trope of the ENIC out lot that Poch was making a silk purse from a sows ear, which was quite frankly nonsense, the squad was exceptional.

We had more depth under Poch, but Redknapp had Bale and Modric, I think that best 11 would have beaten Poch’s.

Tbf when he came in there was a clear out. The younger players stood up. We made some good buys too.

3-0 up inside 40mins in the 2nd leg. Looks like Poch will up against Klopp again in a final

dailystruggg.jpg

Back