• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

cHARLIE aUSTIN

Commentators on the game said it was because QPR didn't want to cup tie him for any buyers ... the for sale sign is up for sure either way

Oh yeah no doubt he's for sale, Les has said so but I doubt availability for the league cup would change a purchase decision but I guess any little helps. I'm sure QPR would rather sell him than keep him given their finances.

Oh yeah no doubt he's for sale, Les has said so but I doubt availability for the league cup would change a purchase decision but I guess any little helps. I'm sure QPR would rather sell him than keep him given their finances.

probably allow a mid table team looking for a decent league cup run, like Spammers, to try and knock a million or two off in negotiations if he was cup tied

We don't need a fox in the box (Soldado does that)

We need some pace and directness breaking with the ball - I don't think Austin excels in either of them.

Like Burnley and Ings, there's also no way QPR would sell their only hope of avoiding relegation for anything but an obscene fee.

I know this post is old but I did chuckle a bit :p

Austin would be an upgrade on Soldado in recent ish form.

Reactions: DTA
The more I think about it, the more I would favour an immediate bid for Austin rather than Berahino...

1. Austin can be done in two days... 12 - 15 mill + 60K (i.e. like for like with Soldado) and he's ours
2. Do you imagine that putting Berahino up front instead of Kane yesterday would have shifted the dynamic? We need a solid physical presence upfront if Kane is not playing and Austin provides that
3. Much as I have always looked at Kane as a lone striker, I am actually warming to him in a Sheringham role... the vision he displayed to put Eriksen through on goal at Old Trafford and for Davies' run in the second goal were magnificent. Austin up front and Kane behind him would be brilliant especially against teams that park the bus
4. I still think we should also go for Berahino. But having Austin on board would make the negotiations for Berahino that much less stressed, deny WBA the trump card they hold over us in our current predicament and actually prove an option for us to set our limit, comfortable in the knowledge that if things go t**s up, we would not be left up sh*t creek

The more I think about it, the more I would favour an immediate bid for Austin rather than Berahino...

1. Austin can be done in two days... 12 - 15 mill + 60K (i.e. like for like with Soldado) and he's ours
2. Do you imagine that putting Berahino up front instead of Kane yesterday would have shifted the dynamic? We need a solid physical presence upfront if Kane is not playing and Austin provides that
3. Much as I have always looked at Kane as a lone striker, I am actually warming to him in a Sheringham role... the vision he displayed to put Eriksen through on goal at Old Trafford and for Davies' run in the second goal were magnificent. Austin up front and Kane behind him would be brilliant especially against teams that park the bus
4. I still think we should also go for Berahino. But having Austin on board would make the negotiations for Berahino that much less stressed, deny WBA the trump card they hold over us in our current predicament and actually prove an option for us to set our limit, comfortable in the knowledge that if things go t**s up, we would not be left up sh*t creek
Before we signed our Cameroon starlet I would have preferred Berahino. But now I think our priority lies with a proper centre forward, which is what Poch was alluding to yesterday. Berahino isn't an out and out striker, and the majority of the time would play in one of the three positions behind Kane. We need proper cover for Kane, and I can't think of anyone better suited for us and a more like for like player than Austin. If we still have budget after getting a CM also, then great - I'd still go for Berahino, but think Austin is the player we need more.....

I'd be very happy with Austin, see he scored again yesterday. Ideally I'd like Austin and Berahino but can't see us shelling out on both but think we should. Should sell Lamela to help fund it, if anyone actually wants to buy him!

I like Austin but

1-why now, so late. He has been for sale all summer. Ah, but of course he has been waiting for CL teams to come in for him:rolleyes:

2-he has long standing knee and shoulder problems might mean he fails the medical

I like Austin but

1-why now, so late. He has been for sale all summer. Ah, but of course he has been waiting for CL teams to come in for him:rolleyes:

2-he has long standing knee and shoulder problems might mean he fails the medical
Mate, I doubt Austin would have been our first choice - I'd imagine there's players in Europe higher up on our list, don't ask me who! I've always seen him as a fallback option if our main striking target(s) fail to come to fruition- he like Kane, still has the potential to be a one season wonder - but like Kane, I dont think he will be...

Mate, I doubt Austin would have been our first choice - I'd imagine there's players in Europe higher up on our list, don't ask me who! I've always seen him as a fallback option if our main striking target(s) fail to come to fruition- he like Kane, still has the potential to be a one season wonder - but like Kane, I don think he will be...

i doubt it. Like i said i dont think we will sign Austin anyway because of the injuries

Mate, I doubt Austin would have been our first choice - I'd imagine there's players in Europe higher up on our list, don't ask me who! I've always seen him as a fallback option if our main striking target(s) fail to come to fruition- he like Kane, still has the potential to be a one season wonder - but like Kane, I dont think he will be...

do you know who i think our fall back option is........Javier Hernandez

also, keep an eye on Fernando Llorente on a years loan. Never to buy, just a loan. That is an ultimate ultimate fallback option ;)

i doubt it. Like i said i dont think we will sign Austin anyway because of the injuries
Never noticed him before last season so don't know what his injury record is like. Thing is I don't think we need some sort of spectacular striker, I think once we have the squad as Poch wants it we will create a lot of chances and the striker simply needs to be physically strong and a decent finisher. If so he should score a lot of goals, see Lambert under Poch - nothing spectacular about him....

do you know who i think our fall back option is........Javier Hernandez

also, keep an eye on Fernando Llorente on a years loan. Never to buy, just a loan. That is an ultimate ultimate fallback option ;)
I hope not Hernandez,as a player a rate him but have never been convinced of him as a lone striker....

I wasnn't particularly enthused with the idea of Hernandez but i had a look at his record at United and it was bloody impressive, much better than i had recalled - guy knows where the net is and is PL experienced. I suppose he's probably not lone forward material though

I hope not Hernandez,as a player a rate him but have never been convinced of him as a lone striker....

yeah but he is the type that works his nuts off and we know how important this is to Poch

yeah but he is the type that works his nuts off and we know how important this is to Poch
Of course, but I don't think Poch is that one dimensional as to make his recruitment all about work rate...Not sure Chadli would feature so heavily otherwise....

Of course, but I don't think Poch is that one dimensional as to make his recruitment all about work rate...Not sure Chadli would feature so heavily otherwise....

its an important aspect, just like his ability to score, his intelligent movement.

its an important aspect, just like his ability to score, his intelligent movement.
Sure it's important, I don't know - I've seen him several times as a lone striker and just doesn't do enough for me, but if Poch thinks it could work I wouldn't complain if he were to be signed....

Back