• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

cHARLIE aUSTIN

4 fudging million? and we didn't go for him? what a joke. Even if he didn't score any goals for the rest of the season we would get atleast double that.

I know. Quality players in that situation still go for a bit more.

Really...

Maybe when a selling club has finance issues or a player really wants to go

Always been the argument about his knee

I guarantee though he will score goals there and I'm also certain that he will never leave twin for less than the money they pay unless he retires there

Really...

Maybe when a selling club has finance issues or a player really wants to go

Always been the argument about his knee

I guarantee though he will score goals there and I'm also certain that he will never leave twin for less than the money they pay unless he retires there

His wages will be high, probably in the 3-4 million a year range.

4 fudgeing million? and we didn't go for him? what a joke. Even if he didn't score any goals for the rest of the season we would get atleast double that.

Injury issue. Can't get insurance on him. Not just the £4m, but say an extra £15m in wages over the course of his contract. Not everyone is noble enough to do a Tarrico (cancel his contract if he can never play again)

chuffed at the idea that we have bigger fish to fry.
(will be very disappointed if we didn't sign anyone and let this one slip away).

Injury issue. Can't get insurance on him. Not just the £4m, but say an extra £15m in wages over the course of his contract. Not everyone is noble enough to do a Tarrico (cancel his contract if he can never play again)
How do you know we can't get insurance on him?

must trust Poch ..... must ....

I'm stunned, for the money, knowing he wouldn't have to play every game ... fudge, seems like a good gamble ...

Not if he doesn't fit our style of play. Then it's a bad gamble...

Rumours had it we could have signed Austin this summer, but Poch didn't want him.

People keep talking as if not signing anyone this January is the worst possible outcome... The worst outcome is signing the wrong player, someone that doesn't fit our style of play or isn't good enough or doesn't have enough potential. Regardless of cost that's bad, though of course if we do that cheaply it's better than if we spend a lot of money on the wrong player.

must trust Poch ..... must ....

I'm stunned, for the money, knowing he wouldn't have to play every game ... fudge, seems like a good gamble ...

it may not be in Poch's control.

with the stadium investments becoming top priority, levy needs to decide is he can increase investment in the team mid-season, and shoot for top 4 THIS season.

Back